Start by marking “Ever (Ever, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ever (Ever, #1)

Ever (Ever #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  119 reviews
BOOK ONE in The EVER Trilogy

*E-copies available for review from author*

Seventeen-year-old Ever’s love life has been on hold for the past two years. She’s secretly in love with her best friend Frankie, and he’s completely oblivious.

Of course, it doesn't help that he’s dead, and waking up to his ghost every day has made moving on nearly impossible.

Frustrated and desperate fo
Published September 1st 2013 by Jessa Russo (first published September 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ever

Fallen by Lauren KateDeception Peak by Dianne Lynn GardnerVaalbara Visions and Shadows by Michelle HorstVisions by Lauren KleverThe Selection by Kiera Cass
Lovely Covers
17th out of 495 books — 392 voters
Schasm by Shari J. RyanEssence by A.L. WaddingtonClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareBoundless by Cynthia HandBlack Moon by Jessica McQuay
YA/Teen Covergasm
8th out of 122 books — 147 voters

More lists with this book...

Stacia (the 2010 club)

I would not be ashamed. I needed answers.

You said it, sister. I need answers too.

2.5 stars. I didn't hate this book. I just ended up more confused at the end than when I started. How does this happen?

Good Cop : This story has the potential to be interesting because it starts off (no spoiler here, this happens within the first couple of pages) with the girl's best friend dying in a car accident and following her home, only to haunt her house as a ghost that her family can see and converse with
MLE
Sep 20, 2013 MLE rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc, yad
Warnings this review will contain the following: cursing, and other assorted negative language, gifs and other images, and rage mixed with a large dollop of indifference.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley, and I would like to thank them, the author, and publisher for giving me a chance to read and review it. All opinions stated below are my own, and are not influenced in any way by any of the above stated parties, the FSM, or the movement of heavenly bodies.

In the beginning there was
Jessa Russo
Aug 14, 2012 Jessa Russo added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I don't believe in rating my own book because it just feels weird. But I wanted to take this empty space and turn it into one big THANK YOU. Thank you to the readers and reviewers - both those who love EVER and those who hate it - for taking the time to read my book. It means so much to me. And yes, even the negative reviews are appreciated. How else will I learn and grow as a writer, right?

So anyway, THANK YOU! Book addicts are awesome!
♥Rachel♥
I really, really wanted to like this story, but it just was not in the cards for me.

Ever is hung up on her best friend, Frankie, and he doesn’t know it. Unfortunately, he’s been dead for the last two years but is still present in her life as a ghost. Really makes moving on difficult. Ever hasn’t had much of a life, she’s been homeschooled ever since the accident that took her best friend, Frankie, and only connects to the outside world through her spunky friend Jess. Ever’s never dated or even
Zuleeza
Sep 29, 2012 Zuleeza rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: PLEASE JUST...STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOOK
This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

Actual rating: 0 star

What the .... did I just read.

It's been more than 48 hours since I finished with Ever, but I'm still contemplating what is the best way to write the review. One thing for sure, this is definitely the worst book I've ever read (worse than Fallen, who would've thought so!).

Urghhh...although I can write a very 'colourful' negative review, it doesn't mean that I like to write such review. More so now, when I myself directly involv
Annabelle Marie Veronica
*****FINAL RATING: 4.65 STARS*****

CATCHALL
Ever took me by surprise. When I started it, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I didn't know at all what it was about, but once I dove into it I quickly found myself being pulled into its world. I was impressed by the originality of the story, and the characters were deep and people that I had no problem connecting with. It was an incredibly fun and yet emotional read, and I found myself laughing and crying at various points in the novel. I conne
Susie
For a more in depth review, head on over to my blog: http://susreviews.blogspot.com

Ever has a secret. 2 years ago her best friend Frankie and she were in a bad car accident. She lived, and even though he was dead, he never left her. Now he haunts her house that she lives in with her parents. Everyone can see him and is used to his presence. The only problem is that Ever has been in love with him from day 1 and now she pines away wishing that he was alive so she could be with him.

Then, on the 2nd
Tamara Mataya
This book is absolutely hauntingly beautiful. While I read an advance copy of it, and things in it might change, what will stay the same is the skillfulness of the author's voice. I don't want to give anything away, but the characters are people you want to spend time with, and the descriptions are so vivid you feel like you're right there with Ever. READ THIS BOOK, you will not be sorry.
(Source: I originally received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Jessa Russo.)
Ever lives with her parents, and the ghost of her dead next door neighbour Frankie – a boy that she has been in love with for as long as she can remember, but can’t have because he’s dead.
When she gets a new next-door neighbour – Toby, and starts to date him she feels a bit guilty, because she feels like she’s cheating on Frankie somehow.
Can Ever ever get over Frankie? And
Farrah
this review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

Unexpected...but in a good way. Ever was a different book from the YA you normally see, and I think it worked out great.

First, let me say that the cover is SO gorgeous. It's beautiful and ethereal and haunting. It matches up with the book so well. I had a major case of cover lust with this book. With this, it's totally okay to judge the book by its cover.

But moving on...

The idea this book is based off of-ghosts and so
archdandy
Photobucket

"Exactly sevenhundred and thirty days had passed since the car accident took his life, and didn't take mine."

Everstarts out with our main character, Ever, giving us a backstory on how she is in love with her best friend and former neighbour Frankie. There's just one problem, Frankie is dead and now she can see his ghost and he hangs around her house all the time. In fact, he can't go anywhere else. So how is a girl supposed to get over the love of her life when he is constantly around? Well it
Best
(This review on B's Book Blog!)

Seven-hundred and thirty days since the only guy I've ever loved died in my arms, followed me home from the hospital, and never left my house again.

Prior to the beginning of the book,Everand her best friend and crush Frankie has got into a car accident that ended up killing Frankie but not her. Ever came home that night with Frankie's ghost, and his ghost has been around in her house ever since. Frankie's ghost is not only visible to Ever, but also to her father,
Alex Reads
Ever had me tearing up, laughing and flustered all at the same time. This book was incredibly good, and I thought the story was absolutely brilliant! My favorite character must have been Frankie, seeing as I am now always repeating his nickname for Ever, Dollface. There is one character though, that I want to tear apart. She is horrid, but has a crucial part in this book, of course. My rating of this book for it's category has to be 5 out of 5 (stars).
I certainly cannot wait for Evade, the seque
Bella
Well first off I have to say a huge thanks to Jessa Russo for allowing me to read her amazing book!

OK this was one of those books, the ones you can never put down! Russo did a fantastic job keeping me hooked in this one from start to finish! Ever sure has one dilemma on her hands and I would not want to be her that’s for sure. I really enjoyed her character through out this story, and that’s saying a lot because female rolls some times tend to be whinny!
I think being secretly in love with my BF
Izzy
Cross post from my blog: Rabidgummibear.wordpress.com
I’ll be the first person to tell you I often pick what books descriptions to read based on a cover. Ever by Jessa Russo has one of the most beautiful covers I’ve seen this year and it is a great book cover to judge because it’s eerily haunting and befitting of the book’s plot. This is one of the times I highly recommend judging a book by it’s cover.

Ever is an amazing book I literally stayed up most of the night reading it. I only stopped becau
Ornella (Nyx)
*Thank you to NetGalley and Curiosity Quill Press*

I love a good ghost story unfortunately this wasn't one of them. I have never read a book that drags out such a small reveal till basically the end of the book. I had it figured out 15% into the book so I thought the MC would figure it out as well soon and then get on with the plot. Boy was I wrong! I really don't understand how she didn't figure it out till the end. I get that she doesn't really have an open mind even though she has been living
Candace (Lovey Dovey Books)
Sep 18, 2012 Candace (Lovey Dovey Books) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Die-hard Romantics :), Everyone
Shelves: favorites
Ever is an original love story filled with heartache, teen angst, and paranormal mystery. Jessa Russo immediately appeals to emotion by opening with the saddest tale of love unfulfilled. Ever's best friend and first love, Frankie, is dead but still very much present in her life. Even though she can see him and speak with him, Ever suspects he'll never know just how deep her feelings are for him. When Ever decides to move on and turn her affection towards her new neighbor, Toby, her life is turne ...more
Kylee
Originally from http://babblingofabookaholic.blogspot...

First off, how absolutely stunning is the cover? Honestly, it is gorgeous! Before I go into this review I want to say that I am Team Frankie 100% no matter how sexy and swoon worthy Toby can be.

Oh, Jessa Russo what have you done to me?? THE BEST AND THE WORST ENDING EVER. I highly recommend you read this book but fair warning the ending will have you saying "What the heck?" and wanting book two right now. Ever is a book that has almost ev
Michelle
Review is based on an ARC received from the publisher and NetGalley. Thank you!

There's no other way to put it - Ever is just all sorts of awesome.

From the get-go, the voice of Ever was spot-on. I felt an immediate connection with her. I loved that none of the characters were flat - each one had his/her own flaws, things that made them tick, etc. Very well done.

(view spoiler)
Belle
Can't do it. The writing is ordinary, the characters are flat and the story isn't grabbing me. I read some spoilers and it made me want to read the rest even less. Ever seems like a terrible MC, the two love interests (insta-love triangle, booooo) do not appeal at all, and the plot seems mostly non-existent and/or terrible.

Having just read the amazing Preloved by Shirley Marr, I can't be bothered with a sub-par ghostly romance.

Maybe I'll come back to this down the track. Probably not. There are
Laura Hughes
I really enjoyed Ever. Usually when I read a novel with a love triangle at its heart, I immediately know which suitor is the one I want to win the girl. With Ever, I'm irrevocably torn between Frankie, the ghost of the boy she's loved for years, and Toby, the mysterious new neighbor who's so different from Frankie but loves her just as much. If nothing else, read Ever to see if you're Team Frankie, Team Toby, or Team Why Can't She Keep Them Both. :D
Bridgette Annalyse
Jul 19, 2014 Bridgette Annalyse rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who reads paranormal or YA fiction
Recommended to Bridgette by: Facebook
Shelves: favorites
Since I came across this as a free Kindle download, I had no idea what it was about and was just drawn to it. After actually beginning to read it I could not put it down. I won't go into detail because I know I dislike spoiler reviews, but this is certainly a book to give a chance. With mystery that will keep you on the edge of whatever you are sitting on,and an insanely complicated romance, this is definitely one for all YA paranormal lovers!
Conny
OMG OMG OMG it ends with a real cliffhanger just like the popular tv sries OMG and now I have to wait till book 2, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee hurry up book 2...

Did I say I LOVED this book? No? Well I DO !!!
Thanks for such an amazing book, I love EVER !!!
Corina
Ever

I think it's safe to say I absolutely adore Jessa Russo. Her novel, Ever started off a bit slow, but before I knew what was happening I was being sucked into a world of ghosts and mysterious strangers and if you know me you know how I love mysterious strangers. I have read a lot of paranormal books in my time and I was pleasantly surprised to find that this particular one was a lot more original than I originally expected it to be.

The love of Ever's life, Frankie, was killed, but his soul h
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
The review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

I can't even decide on a proper star rating. My brain just refuses to believe I have finished this book. I loved it...it was amazing....and then it ended on possibly the worst cliffhanger EVER. ::dies:: Review to come.

Ever’s life stopped two years ago when her best friend Frankie died in a car accident. For reasons she’ll never understand that car crash took his life but left her alive. Though Frankie is dead, he never left. His
Melanie
Sometimes you read a book and you just want to throttle the author, not because it was bad but because of the ending/cliff hanger they have given you - this is the case with Ever! I actually tweeted Jessa Russo and complained to her too, how could she leave Ever like this? Usually I wouldn't start my review with an ending conclusion, but in honesty you will be wanting (Like me) book 2 out now!

That being said Ever is a beautiful tale of love, heartbreak, need/wanting, mystery, pain and humour. In
Jessica
First off, I was immediately intrigued by the premise of this novel. It's about a teenage girl, Ever, who is living with the ghost of her best friend, Frankie. She tries to get over the romantic feelings she has for him and begins a steamy relationship with her neighbor, Toby.

Based on that synopsis, I thought this book was going to be so different than it was. I went from thinking I was going to dislike it to not being able to put it down. It really exceeded my expectations.

Here's what turned m
Jen
Sep 16, 2012 Jen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc-s
Thank you Netgalley and Curiosity Quills Press for this ARC. Frustrated. This is the best way I can describe how this book made me feel. I think the cover is pretty, the summary intriguing and while there were parts that I found interesting, the overall impression it's left me with is frustration. The biggest dislike for me was discovering 3/4 of the way through that it's not a stand alone. It ends with too many unanswered questions and a love triangle that was awkward.

There didn't seem to be e
Ellen
Seventeen year old Ever Van Ruysdael leads a somewhat different type of life than most teenagers. You see, two years ago, she was in a car crash with her best friend, the boy next door, the one she had a crush on forever, Frankie. Frankie died in that accident, and Ever has never been the same since. There is one catch, he doesn't move on. He's a ghost and he lives in Ever's house, and has since the accident. Not only can she see him, so can her family and her friends. It doesn't help that she s ...more
  • The Gathering Darkness
  • Wilde's Army (Darkness Falls, #2)
  • The Enchanted Truth
  • Reaping Me Softly (The Reaper Series #1)
  • Fade (The Ragnarök Prophesies, #1)
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)
  • Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls
  • 18 Things
  • Louder Than Words
  • Follow the White Rabbit (Beautiful Madness, #1)
  • The Wrong Girl (The 1st Freak House Trilogy #1)
  • Grasping at Eternity (The Kindrily, #1)
  • Refuge
  • The Double Life of Incorporate Things (Magic Most Foul, #3)
  • Fairy Blues (Songs of Magic, #2)
  • Wraith (Wraith, #1)
  • Witch's Brew (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #1)
  • Princesses Don't Get Fat
Jessa Russo believes in fairytales, ghosts, and Jake Ryan. She insists mimosas were created for Sundays, and that’s not up for discussion. She’s obsessed with the great city of New Orleans—where she’s collected too many beads to count, eventually married her sweetheart, and visited graveyards they don’t include on maps.

She’s loud, painfully honest, and passionate about living life to the fullest,
More about Jessa Russo...
Divide Evade (Ever, #2)