Start by marking “Vẻ Đẹp Nguy Hiểm (Vẻ Đẹp Nguy Hiểm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vẻ Đẹp Nguy Hiểm (Vẻ Đẹp Nguy Hiểm, #1)

Vẻ Đẹp Nguy Hiểm (Wicked Lovely #1)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  127,310 Ratings  ·  6,157 Reviews
Vẻ đẹp nguy hiểm trải ra trước mắt người đọc thế giới của chính họ, nhưng là một thế giới kỳ bí, đa màu sắc và nhiều tầng hơn. Thông qua một chiếc kính vạn hoa đặc biệt có tên gọi Khả năng Thấu thị, Melissa Marr giúp người đọc nhìn sâu vào khoảng không quanh mình. Giơ ống kính đó lên, chúng ta sẽ thấy thành phố hiện đại của thế kỷ XXI không chỉ có cao ốc, đường phố trải nh ...more
Published February 2012 by Thời Đại (first published June 12th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Vẻ Đẹp Nguy Hiểm, please sign up.

Natalie I encourage you to keep reading because each book gets better and better. This was one of the few book series that I have read and finished entirely.…moreI encourage you to keep reading because each book gets better and better. This was one of the few book series that I have read and finished entirely. If you didn't love the first one then you need to finish the series even if its just to see how it ends. (less)

Kiki
Apr 24, 2012 Kiki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: The Summer Douchebag
Recommended to Kiki by: The Winter Douchebag

I give up.

I just can't take it. When your back starts to hurt because you're trying to drag your eyes across the heavy pages of a non-event insipid book like this one, it's time to call it quits. Like, forever.

I don't know how many times, while I was reading this, that I ended up staring into space and only realizing that I was after ten or so minutes had passed and the book fell out of my hand. I was so uninterested in this story that I began to daydream about exponentials and I started to not
Thornsmoke
Jan 13, 2008 Thornsmoke rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Readable but bland.

Most of my dissatisfaction with this book stems from the fact that what passes for a plot with Wicked Lovely would have been used as a sub-plot in any other. It can be summarised like this:

KEENAN: [gives Aislinn a choice between two options]
AISLINN:
AISLINN:
AISLINN: [makes choice]
BOOK: [ends]

So the entire book revolves around Aislinn, which
Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

The first time I read WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr I did not like it. It was too dark. I was too young to catch the deeper connotations that Marr was communicating. If it hadn't been published in that weird in between time when I was pretty current on all the interesting series in my preferred genres (and therefore desperate for reading material), I probably never would've read the second book.

But it was, and I did . . . And it remains my favorite YA series abo
Nadia
Jun 06, 2007 Nadia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: actuallyread
I liked this book a lot more than I thought I would. I mean, usually when a book is hyped up a lot my immediate reaction is to roll my eyes and wonder if it's worth the hype (I didn't start reading the Harry Potter series until the third one was already out - and then I read them all in one sitting). So, I'm a book-cynic and was worried that I would mind-trash this baby.

Ok, first of all -- the most gorgeous cover ever. Provocative, beautiful, and... well, well done Harper Collins. Here's the th
Raleigh
Jan 01, 2015 Raleigh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kirsti
Feb 19, 2008 Kirsti rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oy vie! What a horrible book. I decided to change it's title to "Beautiful and Vapid Hormones" Melissa Marr held so much promise for a feisty female protagonist, willing to fight the allure of immortal beauty and power for our mundane yet necessary mortality. Sadly, Aislinn (the main character) faded into nothingness in the last few chapters. It seemed as though Marr couldn't sacrifice either of the two worlds for her Aislinn and so gave her both, which in my opinion, gives her nothing. Life dem ...more
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
Well guys, for over a year I had a review of this. I gave this book 1 star, so to say the least, my review was not positive. But see, I got tired of constantly having to delete all the "troll-screaming" comments, so I ultimately removed the review.

The reason I didn't like this book is because it was one of the first YA titles I ever read, and I was really put off by the content. That's my prerogative. I know that probably sounds like a revolutionary concept, but whatever.

If you are curious about
Karin
Jan 06, 2008 Karin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youngadult, faeries
Aislinn has always followed the rules. Her Grandmother has drilled them into her since she was a young child. Don't stare at invisible faeries. Don't speak to invisible faeries. Don't ever attract faeries' attention. Aislinn has developed the skill to ignore them. She walks passed them without flinching even when the faeries are pinching or touching others around her like they love to do.

Faeries come in many shapes and sizes and Aislinn has seen them all. She's seen them in the glamours they we
Kat Kennedy
Jul 01, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People easily distracted by shiny things
Recommended to Kat Kennedy by: Nobody - most people actually like me
People tell me I have a short attention span. They mention, on some rare occasions, that I tend to space out easily. That one moment I'll be listening and paying attention and the next moment... Oh sparkly! With that I'm lost! It's amazing how many teachers have been the ones to remind me of my poor ability to pay attention. Remarkable really...

What was I saying?

Oh yeah! So it takes a little bit to capture my attention and to keep it. Usually an abnormal amount of sex, violence or suspense will
Katerina Kondrenko
5 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
Gemma Hayes – Wicked Game
Followed by Ghosts – King, My Queen
Julee Cruise – Summer Kisses Winter Tears

Genre: urban-fantasy, YA
Stuff: canonical faery in the real world
Fail: urban-part
WOW: mythology
POV: 3rd-person, multi
Setting: Hunstdale (fictional city in USA)
Love-Geometr
Hanneybean
May 20, 2010 Hanneybean rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't even know what to say. This has been the first book that I've thrown across the room and felt extremely happy about it. Needless to say, I absolutely despised it.

The beginning was a wonderful solid four stars...and then the ending came. *SPOILERS*

Wicked Lovely is the story about a 17 year-old girl who's had the Sight her entire life. Aislinn lives in fear every day of attracting the attention of any faerie, only to have it all come crashing down when the Summer King, Keenan, claims her
Kiera
Apr 23, 2008 Kiera rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who liked *Twilight*,
valee
Feb 04, 2010 valee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adults
So I was expecting to read a nice YA book, but let me tell you... this book was so good that I read it in 6 hours without stoping. I loved all the characters and the way everything developed. Specially the end. I really liked how the author gave a smart solution to every problem.

I really enjoyed to read something different from all the books that are out there. Wicked lovely is a nice, refreshing and original story. Ash is a great heroine, with one of the best personalities I've seen and Seth is
Laz
Mar 23, 2015 Laz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with fae mania, maybe
As much as I found interesting the fact that this had a dark vibe going on the entire time, I must say that I was completely let down by the writing. I don't know if it is because it's the author's first book but I guess that must be it. The story was equal parts intriguing and confusing, so I have mixed feelings about this entire book. I struggled giving a rating to this. I wasn't sure if it deserved 3 stars or 2 but I'll say that I'm somewhere in between.

Aislinn is a mortal, she has the Sight
Tatiana
Oct 01, 2009 Tatiana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of faeries and tattoos
Recommended to Tatiana by: Heather
"Wicked Lovely" is a story of Aislinn, a teenage girl who has a rare ability to see faeries. This gift/curse troubles her, mostly because the fae world is cruel and ugly. For a long time she manages to hide this ability and stay unnoticed, but suddenly she finds herself a center of fae attention. We very quickly learn that Aislinn is chosen to have a special place in the faery world...

Once again a book so popular and trendy and such a favorite of many of my friends, disappointed me. But first th
Frida
Dec 28, 2008 Frida rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where do I start...
This book had me from the very moment I started reading. I just knew it would be something out of the ordinary.

17-year old Aislinn (how to pronounce that name?), or "Ash", is not like other girls. She can see fairies. And not good fairies, fairies that fight and do all kinds of bad stuff. She's learned how to control herself, how to not seem scared and to not start running as they approach; that only triggers them. The fairies doesn't know about her unusual talent... And she i
Res
The one where Aislinn can see faeries that no one else can see, and they're awful. But the young Summer King, Keenan (srsly, Keenan), wants her to be his queen, and if things go wrong, they're going to go very wrong.

I described this book to someone as "like mediocre fanfiction," and now I'm trying to pin down exactly what that means. First, of course, it means the book is quite self-indulgent when it comes to everyone being Special and having special names and special facial piercings and specia
Sara ♥
Jul 30, 2009 Sara ♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA Fans
Are there any books on your to-read list that you've been (consciously or unconsciously) avoiding because people keep harassing you to read them? Then, when you read them, do you kick yourself for being so stubborn?

On one hand, I'm really happy I waited to read this book, because the third (and final? Edit: No, there's a book 4, at least...) book just came out, so no waiting for me! On the other hand... WHAT WAS I WAITING FOR????? This book was AWESOME!!

I don't know that I was avoiding it becaus
Katya
Maybe it was because I'd just finished reading Holly Black's Valiant and Ironside, two of my favorite books in this genre, but I really did not think very highly of Wicked Lovely. Compared with Black's books, I found this one to be badly paced, full of one-dimensional, undeveloped characters and lacking a lot of detail. Aislinn is rather whiny and unremarkable, with no defining characteristics except for the Sight, so it's hard to see why everyone loves her so much. Her friends are completely fl ...more
Arlene
Wicked Lovely has become my favorite "faerie" tale of all time! I loved this story, it was enchanting, heartfelt, thrilling and absolutely beautiful. Marr's character and story development is exceptional. The way she writes about Keenan and Seth, two characters who are fighting for opposite needs/wants, is skillful. I found myself rooting for both, which is something I don't think I've ever done. I usually pick one character and root for them all the way through. Not the case with Wicked Lovely. ...more
Novels On The Run
Jun 15, 2011 Novels On The Run rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING : 4 SETH STARS!!

This was my first major foray into the world of Faeries. I have read Lament and Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater. This series of books is like mind blowing on the Faerie courts and laws . Wicked Lovely the first book I think is the easiest to read . They are wonderful books but perservere as the laws are detailed sometimes..but once you get the hang of it you are good to go. Each book cover represents the female character. #1 book is Aislinn, #2 Leslie..and so
Callista
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
3.5 Need some Summer Stars

Ehhh...it was OK but not a book which captivated me. I enjoyed the different twist to the fantasy but found it very hard to connect with the characters.

I think after this one...I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead. So, I'm not saying that I hated or disliked the book, it's just one that won't stay in my memories for very long.
Colleen Houck
Lovely covers in this series. Just fantastic. It surprised me by being unpredictable and that is uncommon in YA. Overall the story is an interesting and fun read.
Amy
Aug 18, 2007 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of fairy stories, goth kids
I was intrigued by this book for three things: the pretty cover, the nice title, and the fact that the back cover features a plug from Tamora Pierce. Then I read the summary and learned that it was about fairies, and how they aren't just fun and games - they can be scary, too. Why not? I decided to read it.

It's about this chick named Aislinn (kooky name, huh?) who can see fairies (actually, the book spells it "faery" - I guess Marr couldn't decide between fairy and faerie and so went middle of t
Taryn Rydell
Nov 29, 2014 Taryn Rydell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was captivating, from the beginning I was drawn in and interested to see what would happen next. Don’t worry if you are unfamiliar with the faery world like I was, Melissa Marr does a great job of introducing the reader to the faeries and we quickly learn that they are nothing like Tinkerbell! The plot was interesting and kept me guessing up to the final twist near the end of the story that I truly didn’t see coming. I would recommend this semi-dark young adult read to anyone that enjo ...more
Ashley - The Bookish Brunette
I was so skeptical when I started this series, seriously Wicked Lovely sat on my TBR list for MONTHS... I had heard mixed reviews about the WL series, everything from mind blowingly amazing to horrifically awful. Sadly, it was just 'meh' for me.

On one hand the plot was fabstastic, the book as a whole was full of romance, suspense, excitement... The whole nine yards! WL totally had the makings of something great!

But...

Aislinn (the heroine) irritated the ever living *bleeeeeping bleep* out of me!
kelsie
Feb 07, 2011 kelsie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Warner ♥
This book was very unique, not the usual YA formula. It is a tad darker than most YA faerie tales, although not nearly as dark as Holly Black's faerie series. I really enjoyed the story, lots of twists and turns and I never would have guessed the ending. But I think the most unusual thing about the whole book was the fact that the main guy was not the main girl's love interest. That is usually how it goes. If there is a main guy and a main girl, they fall in love. If they dont, its usually becau ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review

Cover: It’s suits.
Rating PG-13
Overall: Felt my interest throughout.
Characters: Solid
Plot: A well throughout story about the Fae.
Page Turner: Yes.
Series Cont.? Yes.
Recommend Yes.
Book Boyfriend: Seth

SUMMARY (50 word or less)

A solid story all around from beginning to end. The plot was engaging with just enough wonder to make you antsy but not piss you off. The ending was satisfying without the normal cliffhanger that turns your stomach into knots. But enough to make y
  • Valiant (Modern Faerie Tales, #2)
  • Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1)
  • The Summer King (The Chronicles of Faerie, #2)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1)
  • Spells (Wings, #2)
  • Winter's Passage (Iron Fey, #1.5)
  • Need (Need, #1)
  • Bitter Frost (Frost, #1)
  • The Lost Queen (Faerie Path, #2)
  • Once a Witch (Witch, #1)
5 stars= If I love you, I'll buy you a copy from this list of books. (Pls note, if you are my family or dearest friends, feel free to remind me to do so. I am lousy w remembering birthdays/holidays.)

4 stars= Don't even ask to borrow it. You should prob buy it though.

3= If you borrow it, you better not lose it, mangle it, or keep it too long.

2 or 1 star= I don't use these. If it's not a 3 star or
More about Melissa Marr...

Wicked Lovely (6 books)
  • Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2)
  • Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Faery Tales & Nightmares

“And he smiled at her, truely smiled- wicked and lovely...” 483 likes
“She stood in his kitchen, watching him toy with the ring in his lip. It wasn't quite that he was biting it, but sucking it into his mouth. He did that when he was concentrating. It isn't sexy. He's not sexy. But he was, and she was staring at him like a fool. "wow" she whispered (.....)"Wow, huh?" His voice was low, husky. His chair creaked as he stood. His footsteps seemed strangely loud as he closed the couple yards between them. Then he was beside her. "I can work with wow” 437 likes