Start by marking “Caged (Talented Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Caged (Talented Saga, #2)

Read Excerpt

Caged (Talented #2)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  1,577 Ratings  ·  161 Reviews
When Agency Director McDonough asks Talia to go undercover at the School for the Talented, to find the spy
Published April 26th 2012 by Dabber & Baehr

To ask other readers questions about Caged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caged

Booknut
I am in love! The first book in the Talented series, Talented, was brilliant. I can admit that I thought "There is no way it could get better than this. Great plot. Well-explained concepts. Exceptional characters. Unseen twists and turns. Cliffhangers. How can you improve on that?" Well, Sophie Davis must be a magician because she has managed to do just that and more in her second instalment in the series, Caged.

The end of Talented left me in shreds as seen below:
Photobucket
TOO MUCH EMOTION! I was confuse
Jacquie Talento
Apr 27, 2012 Jacquie Talento rated it it was amazing
When Ms. Davis contacted me about reading her second book in the Talented series, I was in awe. The excitement was overwhelming and my memories were flashing back to the day when I was consumed with reading Talented and getting to know the characters all over again. What a privilege to be asked to read this 2nd book of hers. I was in the clouds of happiness for this sequel. As I so want to blab all about the details of this story, I won’t put any spoilers out. That was fantastic!!! We have all t ...more
Tanya
Jun 16, 2012 Tanya rated it really liked it
I’m on the fence with this one. It was like an exercise in frustration. I spent the majority of the book not liking the main character, Talia. A few times, I was so disappointed in her behavior that I actually considered calling it quits. I thought we were done with the love triangle pretty early in the first book (which I was happy about), but this book put us right back where we started and I just couldn’t wrap my mind around her ability to forgive lie after lie. I’m also not sure what either ...more
Justine
Nov 07, 2013 Justine rated it it was amazing
So I love Sophie Davis and Caged is another reason why. I love her writing style and I love how detailed she makes everything. I did find Caged a bit slower than Talented but I realize that t was to give us backstory and I was still at the edge of my seat. I loved finding out the secrets right along with Talia. I did guess who the spy was and I kind of figured out the bad guy at the end but that didn't make it any less exciting or shocking when I got to those parts.
I feel like a lot more of the
Marie
The first one was too good not to go straight to buy the second one!
Ater the cliffhanger ending the first book left me reeling in I couldn't wait to find out what happens in this one!
And I was not disappointed on no, because this book left me reeling even more!
Tha ending, blew my mind! I knew as soon as Penny was arrested that the Toxic was corrupt.
Poor Penny! My heart breaks for her and Talia! I'm for sure Mac has something to do with her parents death!

Wow. This series is definitely now on
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Feb 11, 2013 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA and Adults alike
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Sophie Davis
10*s. I received an eARC copy of this book directly from the author in return for an honest review.

What an exciting and extraordinary story that captured me from beginning to end. This series is very addictive and enjoyable for not only YA but adults too. This is a Must read phenomenal series that is hard to put down. I love the twisted plot of this story even more than the first book. This is an Indie Author to watch out for in future stories to come from the Talented series and many more.

Than
Lulu Vega
Apr 25, 2013 Lulu Vega rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the very beginning, it's fully detailed and Sophie has a way to describe the characters and the story line perfectly, I honestly could not put it down, I loved the first book Talented and she gave me a copy of this one in exchange of an honest review and so, here I am as promised, thank you for another amazing story, can't wait to read Hunted, you really have a gift for writing beautifully, highly recommend it to everyone.....
Ariella
Jul 31, 2013 Ariella rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for honest review (LoP). Amazing read! It begins where book 1 ends. I couldn't put this book down. Talia was captured in book 1 and injected with some drug. She now has seizures and is not a hunter. Talia is trying to find the spy. She does find the spy and you wont believe who it is I was shocked.
Anna Wood-gaines
Apr 28, 2012 Anna Wood-gaines rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, dystopian
incredible!!
Alisha Tarran
Jan 26, 2014 Alisha Tarran rated it it was amazing
It's been 9 months since Talia was injected with an unknown substance and shot at Ian Crane's compound in Nevada. Since, she's had to learn to walk all over again, and has been dealing with regular seizures. Talia feels like a prisoner, she's been confined to her childhood home while recovering, with no contact with anyone, and her dream of being a Hunter on hold...possibly forever. So when the Agency director, Mac, asks her to go undercover at the McDonough School for the Talented to find the s ...more
Stephanie
Mar 12, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I read book one as part of a facebook event and was given a copy of the book by the author in exchange for an honest review and a chance to win cool prizes :)
Now I have read three of Sophie Davis' books and I love love love her writing and it only increases with each book and I can't wait to continue this series, continue Blind Barriers and also start the Nightmare series. I must warn you this review will contain spoilers so look away if you have yet to read this amazing book.
Book one left me h
Jessica
After her brush with death at Ian Crane’s compound, Talia Lyons feels like a prisoner, confined in her childhood home. Plagued with seizures- the result of an unidentified drug injected in her neck by Crane’s men- Talia must put her dream of becoming a Hunter on hold. So when Agency Director McDonough asks Talia to go undercover at the School for the Talented, to find the spy who set the trap for her in Nevada, Talia jumps at the opportunity.

Soon she learns that her new-found freedom comes with
Autumn
Mar 12, 2014 Autumn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014

So have you ever finished a book and automatically need to read book two in the series? Well that is what happened with this one. I finished book one Talented (which is free on Amazon and B&N) and I just had to get my hands on book two! I was so involved with the story that it was hard for me to even put the book down.

Caged takes place nine months after book one ended. Talia had been injected with something and rescued but she hardly remembers much. All she really remembers is what Crane to
Brittany Elsen
Apr 08, 2014 Brittany Elsen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read-books
Caged is a perfect second book to an exciting series. Talia wakes up after the dangerous but yet intriguing confrontation with Crane. Unfortunately, Talia did not come out of the meeting unscathed; Crane injected her with a mysterious liquid. Now, due to this Talia has been taken off the main lines and asked to uncover the spy at the School for the Talented. As much as I hate Donavon, he is around a lot in this book and sometimes seems to be somewhat helpful. However, he made me hate him even mo ...more
Tara Zormier
Ok, so if you have read the first book then you probably hate Donavan! I too hate him. I know that in parts of this book he is helpful to Talia but I DO NOT CARE! He broke her heart and I cried!

Now she has to work with him, what the HELL??? Did Sophie Davis really do this to us? WELL, it makes for one helluva story.

Not only is she emotional crippled because of all the abuse from Donavan but now she has to contend with seizures? This poor girl. I am not sure that many would be able to function
Casey Keen
Sep 04, 2013 Casey Keen rated it liked it
Caged is book two in the Talented Series. Talia wakes up after a serious confrontation with Ian Crane (the man who supposedly killed her parents). She found herself in and out of treatment and confined for quite some time. Donavan (her ex) is back in the picture, a lot more than I prefer. I can’t stand him. Erik is almost non-existent, expect for his quick hello and goodbyes.

Book two in the series was a continuation of Talented, but not as good. It was too heavy on the descriptions. Talia’s mis
Jaclyn
You know those books, where after you finish them, you just stare at the wall, and contemplate what you just read? Yeah, this book would DEFINITELY fall under that category. Sophie Davis once again does not disappoint in this sequel to Talented. She (author) continues to write the story in such a way that you can easily visualize everything that goes on (ESPECIALLY the characters feelings). This doesn't reveal any spoilers, but I liked how the author recalls events from the first book, instead o ...more
Megan S
Jun 10, 2014 Megan S rated it really liked it
Interesting book. The entire series is very different than what I am used to reading.

Talia is locked up after being injected at her last mission.

Her job is to uncover which person is a spy working for the enemy. However, she goes through betrayal, fear, anger, doubt, romance and more to get there.

Excited to read the next one!!
DeeDee
Sep 10, 2012 DeeDee rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
I'm still really enjoying this series! This one read more like a who dunnit, trying figure out who the spy is. There's still somewhat of a live triangle going on. It's still not clear who the bad guys are, but Talia is starting to figure it out.
Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris M)
☆☆ SPOILERS FROM BOOK 1 ☆☆

At the end of book 1, Talia was rescued by Donovan after being shot in the back during her Hunter's Solo Mission. In the nine months since, she's been having mysterious seizures thought to have been brought on by whatever drug Ian Crane injected her with during her failed mission. Worse, due to her fragile health, she was forced to move back into Mac's house and not allowed outside contact.

So when Mac approaches Talia, and asks her to pose as an assistant instructor at
Ashley Nicole Poteet
Feb 02, 2017 Ashley Nicole Poteet rated it it was amazing
Suspense!

I literally only put this book down to sleep and shower! I couldn't for the life of me stop until it was finished and I learned the consuming question! Who was the spy?

In talented Talia goes on her solo mission to become a full fledged hunter. Her mission, oh, only to kill the leader of the coalition and her parents murderer, Mr Ian crane! Things don't go as planned and talia is captured and shot. She is also injected with a mystery serum. She manages to escape barely alive.

In caged T
Oana D. H.
Apr 27, 2013 Oana D. H. rated it it was amazing
"The Coalition doesn’t believe that being Talented is a good thing. They believe that me and people like me,those with gifts, are unnatural. Their sole mission is to bring down the Agency and put an end to the training of special children."

Once again Talia is trying to move on with her life,something that it isn't quiet easy,after everything that happened.After she failed her solo mission and confronted Ian Crane,she ends up being forced to stay away from everything for nine months..or more.We
Kimberly C. Winslow
Oct 14, 2016 Kimberly C. Winslow rated it really liked it
Seamless continuation from the first book!

This book explained to a degree the reasons behind the heroines drastic mood swings and being borderline unhinged. It gets a bit monotonous and is hard to root for a character that doesn't have many redeeming qualities. Pity will get me to the next book and I hope to see some changes! 4 stars because it is well written, unique, flows well, and is entertaining.
Nushki
Jul 01, 2014 Nushki rated it liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

This book kicks off 9 months after the end of Talented, after Talia escapes from Ian Crane's high-tech compound and almost bleeds to death while waiting for backup to arrive. After the whole ordeal, she is still suffering from seizures due to an unknown drug that was injected into her during her capture, she hasn't left the confines of her room, she hasn't had human contact other than her doctors, Mac and his wife, and, most depres
Isis
If you've not yet read Talented, stop here or risk spoilers for the first book in the series.

*** As of 5/26/2013, Caged has been re-edited and proofread ***

Gulnaz K.
Jul 05, 2012 Gulnaz K. rated it it was ok
Caged by Sophie Davis, continues the story of Talia Lyons. Set in a future dystopia, Talia Lyons is an elite mind manipulator—she can read other people’s thoughts and control their actions. In the last book, Talia is sent on a mission to gather intel about The Coalition, a rebel group that opposes the current government, and seeks to oppress those who are Talented. Specifically, she infiltrated President Ian Crane’s headquarters, who also happened to murder her parents when she was a child. Whil ...more
Lexie
Jun 11, 2013 Lexie rated it really liked it
I originally received Talented for free, and I don't typically follow through on a series unless the first book completely captivates me. Talented did just that, so I immediately had to go out and get Caged. I loved it!!!
Talia is still recovering from her encounter with Crane and undergoing tests due to her seizures. She's back in her childhood home with Mac and his wife Gretchen, but this time it feels like a gilded cage. Being under Mac's thumb and being undercover trying to find the spy who b
Zoe and the Edge
It's ERIK, okay? Stop fluffing around with Donavon boy. We know how these stories go. Talia is not going to end up with someone who cheated on her. But the author isn't doing a good job of convincing me because Talia's chemistry with her ex-boyfriend is OFF THE CHARTS. As for Erik, despite knowing full well that he's “The One”, I just couldn't get into the romance.

Upon opening this book, there were a lot of things I didn't like. There was waffling. There was irrational grudges and boy obsessing
Aliaa El-Nashar
Jul 10, 2012 Aliaa El-Nashar rated it it was amazing
The second I finished reading ‘Talented’ I was so excited to know what happened next that I rushed off to the author and asked for a copy of ‘Caged’ – much like with ‘Silver Knight’. The thing with ‘Talented’ was, I got a copy by joining the ARR program on Goodreads, but since this one wasn’t a part of it, I wasn’t sure about the author’s reaction. However, Sophie was so sweet and agreed to send me a copy of ‘Caged’ which I then proceeded to read right away.

The new world Sophie had created in th
Future Slayer Girl
So, this book sealed the deal with me on this series. I feel that I have so many Feels going on that I am having FEELS seizures while I'm reading these books. I am so deeply invested at this point that I am crying, rooting, and I really REALLY want to kick Donovan in the crotch...

How did she not figure out that he had a kid with that blonde chick? The moment I saw her grab the picture I was like, "That two-faced cow."

I love how this story arch is written. There are a few reasons. I love how the
  • The Guardians Crown Parts One and Two (The Sacred Guardians #4)
  • Reign of Ice (Forever Fae, #4)
  • The Reason Series: Complete Collection (Reason, #1-4)
  • Jaguar Sun (Jaguar Sun, #1)
  • Sun Poisoned (Sunshine #2)
  • The Clearing (Outside, #2)
  • Pendulum (The Neumarian Chronicles, #2)
  • Angelstone (Dark Angel, #2)
  • Twisted Memories (Unbinding Fate, #4)
  • Mutilate My Heart (Mutilated, #1)
  • Radicals (Blood and Fire, #2)
  • Lost (Hidden, #2)
  • When I’m With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #3)
  • True Fate (True Fate #1)
  • Unreap My Heart (The Reaper Series #2)
  • Centaur Rivalry (Touched, #3)
  • Anywhere
  • Ethereal Knights (Celestra Knights, #1)
"Sophie Davis" is the pseudonym for two best friends, roommates, and now writing partners. The pair met at Penn State's Dickinson School of Law in 2005 and instantly bonded over their love of great books and bad horror movies. After they graduated, when one longed for the ability to read minds so she wouldn't have to study for the bar exam, a Saga was born. When the Talented Saga went on to be an ...more
More about Sophie Davis...

Talented (6 books)
  • Talented (Talented Saga, #1)
  • Hunted (Talented Saga, #3)
  • Created (Talented Saga, #4)
  • Exiled: Kenly's Story (Talented Saga #5)
  • Inescapable (Talented Saga #7)

“She was attempting to flirt with him, in hopes he’d put in a good word for her with Captain Alvarez. Lost cause, Cadence, I thought. Flirting with a guy who has a boyfriend was unlikely to yield positive results.” 8 likes
“Really, Talia? Erik? He’d just sleep with all of the students. We’d never find the spy if he went undercover.” 1 likes