Start by marking “Dead Heart” as Want to Read:
Dead Heart

Dead Heart

How much would you pay for a night of passion with your favorite celebrity?

After her untimely passing, the body of a world-renowned actress falls into the hands of an unscrupulous restorative artist. Using the funeral home in which he works as a den of sexual depravity, he auctions off a once in a lifetime opportunity with one of Hollywood’s most beloved starlets.

One bidde
ebook
Published April 11th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Dead Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Heart

Adam Light
Mar 09, 2013 Adam Light rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, shorts
This was an interesting story. It was a skillfully crafted idea with superb pacing and raw style that I found easy to read.
There were a few little hiccups that kept me from giving this a five star review, though. One such instance was when John Smith was described as smelling death creaking from the floorboards. The perhaps unintentional synaesthesia removed me from the flow pf the story. There were a few other minor errors here and there bit, overall, I really dug this. The end was not what I e
Frank Errington
Jul 13, 2012 Frank Errington rated it it was amazing
There are a lot of free books out there. Some good and some very, very bad. This one was great. I wish I could remember who recommended this one. It had to come recommended, because I don't go looking for free books any more. Too much I actually want to read and not enough hours in a week.

Carl is an artist when it comes to bringing the dead to life. Actually, it's his job to make a corpse look it's best for the family and loved ones when they come for the viewing. His boss, Xavier would call hi
Yolanda Renee
Aug 23, 2012 Yolanda Renee rated it it was amazing
In Brandon Ford’s Dead Heart, his protagonist, Carl, is an artist. He makes the dead beautiful in their final rest. It is important to be stunning, handsome, well at least not dead looking when all our friends come by for that final goodbye. And Carl is the expert, but Carl also has a hobby. He delivers the bodies of the dead to the highest bidder for the purpose of… Let’s just say, here I’ll let you use your imagination and whatever you think it is, believe me it’s worse.

Dead Heart written by B
Kim
May 29, 2013 Kim rated it liked it
Synopsis:
What price would you pay in order to spend one final night with a celebrity? For one worker in the funeral home where the body of a well-known celebrity had been brought, the price couldn't be high enough. Arranging one last night with someone was a side business that Carl took pleasure and pride in until the night it cost him more than he'd ever imagined.

Review:
Very quick read. The story was well written, had just enough description to draw the reader into the story and flowed smoothl
Nicholas May
Sep 11, 2012 Nicholas May rated it really liked it
At first I was kind of repulsed by where I thought this story was going. Even as I was about to get grossed out, I did recognize that I was being grossed out by exceptional writing. It was believable, and very well done. The truly scary thing is, I think the scheme going on in this book is probably really going on all over the place, which makes me want to be cremated instantly.
Rodney
Jun 30, 2012 Rodney rated it it was amazing
Great story. Scary, creepy, even romantic in an odd sort of way. I've definitely decided on cremation over burial, as soon as possible after I've been declared dead. Just in case. Loved it. 5 big stars.
Jasmine
Apr 28, 2012 Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Holy obsession, Batman! Mr. John Smith was a complete nutter. Almost felt bad for Carl, though. Almost. And I can only imagine what Xavier's going to think/do when he discovers what happened. Crazy stuff, man. Crazy stuff.
Cal
Jul 11, 2013 Cal rated it liked it
Recommended to Cal by: Kindle search: Taboo
This was a taboo BDSM challenge book read. Subject: necrophilia. Story line involved selling rights to famous people's dead bodies for sex. It deserved the subject category.
Sebi Trentea
Sebi Trentea rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
A.J.
A.J. rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Ray Dillon
Ray Dillon rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2015
Amanda Davis
Amanda Davis rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Holly Stouffer
Dec 26, 2012 Holly Stouffer rated it liked it
Good story. Predictable though.
Ally
Ally rated it liked it
May 24, 2013
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2012
Matthew Gregg
Matthew Gregg rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Angelica
Angelica rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Detra
Detra rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Angelica Decosta
Angelica Decosta rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Molly Holzbauer
Molly Holzbauer rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Anna Heidick
Anna Heidick rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2013
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2014
Jeanine
Feb 17, 2014 Jeanine rated it liked it
One of those stories that makes you say ewwww, but you keep reading.
Scooter Pospech
Scooter Pospech rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2016
Billy Zayac
Billy Zayac rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Amy Neilson
Jun 25, 2012 Amy Neilson rated it it was ok
Creepy
Adam Wilcox
Adam Wilcox rated it it was ok
Nov 12, 2015
yavon
yavon rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2014
Jennifer Peters
Jennifer Peters rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2014
Gloria
Gloria rated it liked it
May 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Brandon Ford (b. August 28, 1981) grew up in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He started writing at the approximate age of 8 and spent a lot of time testing the waters with various genres. He wrote dramas, comedies, essays, plays, and, of course, thrillers. There were few things he took pleasure in crafting more than a good old-fashioned scary story. Throughout grade school, as well as high ...more
More about Brandon Ford...