Start by marking “The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)

The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus #3)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  147,619 ratings  ·  9,933 reviews
Grca_badge_winner
Libro tercero de la serie Los héroes del Olimpo
Una lucha milenaria. Siete adolescentes en apuros.
Y el fin del mundo a la vuelta de la esquina.
El destino de la humanidad pende de un hilo: Gea, la madre Tierra, ha abierto de par en par las Puertas de la Muerte para liberar a sus despiadados monstruos. Los únicos que pueden cerrarlas son Percy, Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Le
Hardcover, Deluxe Gift Limited Edition, 608 pages
Published October 16th 2012 by Hyperion (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Mark of Athena, please sign up.

Luke J. Schelvan They've all already been released. Hope you like them!!! I hope that Rick Riordan writes another book!!!!!

Lara
Where the previous books in the series have been funny, action packed and adventurous, The Mark of Athena does it infinitely better. This book has it all: character and relationship development, and action packed plot. Basically, this book was the bomb:

The book picks up from where we were at The Son of Neptune . We finally, finally get to see Percybeth reunited an entertaining fashion (view spoiler)
Ela
WHAT KIND OF AN ENDING WAS THAT, HUH? WHERE WAS THE HAPPY ENDING? Oh my God.... Percy and Annabeth.... why why why why why

******

I won't lie, this book was the book that I was the most excited about in this series. This was the book that all the seven demigods were finally going to meet each other for the first time, and start their quest. AND of course, the Percabeth reunion (whooooooooooooooooooooo)!!!!!!

Rick Riordan hasn't failed me yet. His characters are still what I love about his books the
Sabrina *The REAL Princess*
My Not-So-Final Final Review

Let's start this review in the most eloquently put way I can: I have no idea how to write this review.

When I finished this book a while ago, I would log onto Goodreads every single day and every single day, I would look at my pre-review and think, how can I write this review? What should I include, what should I put emphasis on? I would simply just stare at my laptop's screen until my mom called me down for dinner.

I wish I could write this review to the high calibar
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN.

I just ... I can't even ... I can't.

Well ... Good job Rick Riordan. You have written another glorious book. Congrats. I salute you.

But ... YOU ARE ALSO A HUGE TROLL, AND YOU ARE STOMPING ALL OVER MY FUCKING HEART, AND THAT ENDING WAS SO SAD AND BEAUTIFUL, AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE. HOWWWWWW.

... But okay, okay. Let's start at the very beginning. (A very good place to staaaart.)

In his usual trollish fashion, Riordan left the previous book i
Zanib  Sajjad
Latest Edit:
Oh man, oh man oh man oh man! Confession: First thought that came to mind when the book was released: How will Percabeth react to each other? A kiss? Dramatic hug/cry scene? Honestly, I really want to see more going on in that area. Sadly, I'm not getting my copy until the next few weeks.... I'm in control.... I hope they kiss in front of everyone, you know... WHAT? I'm in control- gosh....
Photobucket
..............

Photobucket

Edited:
Ok, WOW? Is that the cover? And is that Jason and Percy... Fighting? And
Maeve
Oct 23, 2011 Maeve marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WHY, RICK RIORDAN?! Why would you do that to us?! I just waited a year for Son of Neptune and now you are making me wait AGAIN for Mark of Athena! All I can say now is: WHAT THE HECK?!
COME FASTER, 2012!

edit 10/23/11:

What the... well, only good thing is that it's September this time, instead of October. Oh well. See ya in a year!
Leah

Those were my two reactions when my sister told me the book was about to come out. I can't wait for this book!!!!! (you probably already figured that out by the pictures. he he.) The cover on the book seems so... dramatic. It looks like Percy and Jason are about to fight. Guess I'll just have to wait. Wow, the more I think about it, it is really hard to wait. (sigh)

After awhile
One day guys only one day!!!

After finishing the book

woohoo! I finally finished the book! :)

Oh wait...the next book comes
10/11/12
Just finished it. Shall post my review when I'm more coherent. But goodness, grab your copies now!

10/3/12

People, I know it's out and it has a cover. If you must know, I AM DYING TO GET MY HANDS ON A COPY. Gimmmmeeee!

---
I just finished the The Son of Neptune and I am so excited for this I might just keel over and die right now.

But where's the fun in that right? I will miss the release of the cover and I will never get to see the day of the Percy Jackson casts reunion.

So I'm wondering wh
Jessica
FINALLY FINISHED October 5th:

*Dramatic sobbing from girl writing this review* WHY RICK?!!! WHY?!!! Why must you torture me with these gosh darn cliffhangers and these year long waits?!?!?! Do you just enjoy seeing your faithful readers suffer? Do you revel in our pain and anguish from chapters such as THAT PENULTIMATE CHAPTER!!! YOU KNOW THE ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! How could you do this to us?!?!? And to the characters?!?!? Those two in the penultimate chapter, yeah them. That was a fate worse
Izzy Lightfleur
-_- Chapter fifty-one, second half. Be warned.

In The Mark of Athena, Percy, Hazel and Frank meet up with four others from Camp Half-Blood: Jason, Piper, Leo, and Annabeth. This book's main conflict is pretty simple: Go to Rome, stay alive. Their goal is to make it to Rome, find Hazel's brother Nico, and find the Doors of Death.

This book takes place all over, but the main setting is on Leo's warship: The ArgoII. They visit Kansas, Atlanta, and some more places. ;)

I loved, LOVED, that Annabeth's
Clau R.
4.5, really. I don't know why, but I liked "The Son of Neptune" better (just a little bit). Anyways, this book was AWESOME. Percy and Annabeth have my heart <3.
Jess
June 2-OH. MY. GODS. The cover. Percy & Jason fighting??!!?!?!?!?! (Actually I totally saw that happening) I WANT THIS NOWWWWWWWW. Come on Rick. Give us a sneak peek at least :)

6 more days....No. I want it now.

10/11. Finished at 11:30pm. no. just no. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! WTF RICK?!?!?!?! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME HATE YOU? YOU CANNOT DO THAT. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!. I'm going to go curl up in a ball and cry until House of Hades comes out.
Charetta
Sep 10, 2012 Charetta rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
ONLY like 0~20DAYS!!!! Wait a second
description
I have to say that even though like 20 days is horrible its better than a year ago. Really Rick do you enjoy watching people being tortured cuz I have to admit it happens alot with you. Any way the cover of TMOA is really good but really bad at the same time. (BTW Jason your rear end is gonna get kicked by my boyfriend)I just hope nothing bad happens to Percy and Annabeth. OH and to anyone who hasent read the first chapter that was relesed heres a tip DON'T DO
geez..
Oct 11, 2011 geez.. marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Why oh why am I here again!?

I want this book right now! as in will drive all the way to S.A., ring on Riordans door and ramsack his house looking for a draft, copy, something...
The dread is killing me!!

so originally I was going to wait until Jan. or something to buy the book. That way I would only have to wait a couple months for The Mark of Athena. Sad to say i have no self control I disappoint myself. :( Temptation was too high.

Since I cant go back in time I might as well rant about how exic
Lore
oh
I see
YOU'RE REALLY GOING THERE, MR RIORDAN?
stop making me love these characters so much

Liz
My thoughts about:

Percy and Annabeth

Both. I love both.

Frank, Hazel and Leo

The plot

No more comments. There would be too many spoilers otherwise...
Too much happened. Too many surprises and thrilling things and unexpected and expected changes...

And finally...the ending...
The cliffhanger of the cliffhangers.

I cannot even write a proper review. This book killed me. It literally killed me. My heart broke.
Everything about this book is thrilling and tragic. I wrote about the second book, that I couldn'
Erica

Okay, that has got to be the BEST CLIFFHANGER HE HAS EVER WROTE (and yeah i meant it as a pun) if youve read the ending you'll know why . .

i have NO IDEA how im going to be able to wait a whole year for this book to come out . . . so until then, here are my predictions

1. Percybeth reunites. No doubt about it.

2. Probably going to make a stop at CHB because it was mentioned earlier that the giants (or their warriors whatever) were attacking BOTH camps. but it seems unlikely since they sailed
Danae
Percy and Annabeth are finally together again! They're wonderful separately and together, so can we take a moment just to appreciate the awesome-ness that are these characters?

*moment of silence*

Thank you. Okay, now that that's out of the way I can describe my enjoyment of the rest of the book. The humor had me laughing out loud, the world had me wishing I could go to every place mentioned (especially Rome), the mythical creatures were interesting, and the characters had me wanting to be their b
Drakonflight
Before I begin this review, I would like to note that there are spoilers. However, due to the length of the review and the fact that most of these spoilers are located towards the end, I am not going to hide this review since you can't see them anyway. Continue at your own risk.

Since I'm now in college, I was wondering whether I should take the time to read this low-reading level book. But I decided to read the first few pages in the bookstore, and after the judo flip, I couldn't put it down.

So
Alexa
PERCY. PERCY. PERCY.

*slams head on desk repeatedly*

After I bought SoN from the love of my life, Barnes and Noble, I went out with my mom to some charity place to drop some stuff off. I did, in my defense, get out of the car and attempt to help her. However, I did it all with a 513-page brand-new hardcover book attached to my chest with one arm.

Why? Because I opened the cover in the car, and on the first page, I saw the five-letter word I had sorely missed in TLH:

P-E-R-C-Y.

In big, beautiful, shad
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★

"We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again."
Only then did she understand what would happen. A one-way trip. A very hard fall.
"As long as we're together," she said.

First things first: this series IS SO MUCH better than PJ series (well at least to me). What i really love about this change of writing style and multiply POVs is that every character is alive. They are not similar, they are all different. And yes, this series is dar
Natalie
Well, deja-flippin'-vu. Here lies Mark of Athena, may it rest in peace, lying in all of its dented glory, having been thrown to the mercy of the wall.
Yes, we had a Percabeth reunion, everyone is saved, and the impossible situation that two of our unfortunate seven have gotten themselves into will no doubt be resolved for the final two books, but I am still left...unsatisfied.
Normally I'd begin by summarizing the plot. But this time...I'm not sure.
The general Riordan mold is that Percy/Jason/Ann
Namratha
When I was reading The Mark of Athena , I was also battling a mild fever. My fever was accompanied by some very interesting (or deranged, as some muggles would like to call it) hallucinations. For three consecutive nights, I dreamt that I was standing at the helm of a bronze Trireme which had a flaming dragon for a masthead. And every single time, I had hooves. AND, I kept up a constant war cry of “DIE, GUACAMOLE BREATH, DIE!!!”
So yes, the latest instalment in The Heroes of Olympus series (and m
Laz
Jan 19, 2015 Laz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers

You can scream and cry because like the name implies this has something to do with Athena, which is code for Annabeth, which made this book that much better and perfected it.

This series has me hooked on, I love it and I love the more teenage side of our heroes, especially of Percy and Annabeth, which are characters we've known for about, uhmm, hell, 8 books. Wow, that's a long time, and lots of books.

This one
Lady Jaye
After Reading:

Frankly, this was sub-par and not at all worthy of Rick Riordan and the characters he's created (By that I mean Percy and Annabeth, not the new people. The others' creation was sub-par to begin with).

What we have here is some very shoddy work. Too many cooks spoil the broth and the many narrators made for a choppy and boring story. The characters were very flat. Mr. Riordan has managed to create a singularly annoying character in Coach Hedge. Piper and Leo are not far behind. Jason
Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*
You know my life? Yeah it's gone, all the way down into Tartarus with Percy and Annabeth *goes over to sob in corner* But enough about my sad fangirl whimpering away lets talk about the big deal here, THE MARK OF ATHENAAAAAA~ First off this might is defiantly my favourite Heroes of Olympus book, ever. I did not expect it to be this epic, I Didn't think anything could be this epic. I loved the team work the Seven managed to have, it just fuzzed my fangirl to pieces, especially that Percy Jason an ...more
Chakell
Can someone just put me in a chemically induced coma until october 2012? I mean seriously.....Rick Riordan why oh why are you the king of cliff hangers!!!! I seriously am LIVING for this book to come out....blah....These books are just so good that I want to rip my hair out. I CAN'T do this for another year!!! But I have too...for Percy's Sake....Yes, I am in love with the fictional demigod son of Poseidon, not Neptune! Don't judge me!!! Oh but I love him.....until October 2012 then!
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
**************Minor Spoilers***************

(view spoiler)
Juliana Zapata
De los tres libros que llevo de esta saga, este ha sido el más increíble de todos. Ver luchar juntos a los siete semidioses de la profecía fue lo máximo.

Y el final de este libro me destruyó! Lloré con esa penúltima escena! Fue tan injusto, tan necesario, tan romántico y tan cruel, que ni siquiera sabia que pensar o sentir mientras leía!

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2014/1...
asmaa ♠
Can NOT wait to read this book!!!

**************EDIT***********************

TMoA was great!!! better than i expected, although i'm not sure what to think about the whole turn of events...
loved the new prophecy too.
Greece or Rome 3 14 Feb 27, 2015 10:09PM
♥Leo-Lovers♥: Lazel [Sí or No?] 302 108 Feb 26, 2015 04:25PM
Words Breathe Life: The Mark of Athena 1 1 Feb 25, 2015 02:19PM
2015 Reading Chal...: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan 15 13 Feb 23, 2015 10:33AM
DumbleDORKS: The Mark of Athena (#3) 33 100 Feb 18, 2015 09:18AM
Tempest or Blackjack?????? 100 182 Feb 17, 2015 02:27PM
Piper Hate 48 88 Feb 16, 2015 03:32PM
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • Odin's Ravens (The Blackwell Pages, #2)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8)
  • Chasing the Prophecy (Beyonders, #3)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • The Hunters (Brotherband Chronicles, #3)
  • The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers, #4)
  • The Inside Story (The Sisters Grimm, #8)
  • How to Speak Dragonese (How to Train Your Dragon, #3)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Goliath (Leviathan, #3)
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)

More about Rick Riordan...

The Heroes of Olympus (6 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
  • Percy Jackson & the Olympians Series 06-08
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)

“We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again.” 1584 likes
“Like water leaking through a dam," said Piper.
"Yeah," smiled Percy. "We've got a dam hole."
"What?" Piper asked.
"Nothing," he said. "Inside joke.”
1212 likes