Start by marking “Pharaoh's Son” as Want to Read:
Pharaoh's Son

Pharaoh's Son (Memphis Cycle #3)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The crash of Pharaoh's colossal statue into a throng of worshippers brings the festival of the good god Ptah of Memphis to a sudden, bloody end. Prince Khay, the High Priest, barely escaped being killed, himself. He finds clues in the wreckage that show that the collapse was deliberately set. Now he is confronted with questions that grow more alarming with every answer he ...more
Paperback, First Revised Edition, 462 pages
Published April 4th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Pharaoh's Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pharaoh's Son

The Egyptian by Mika WaltariFlow Down Like Silver by Ki LongfellowRiver God by Wilbur SmithNefertiti by Michelle MoranThe Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
Best Egyptian Historical Fiction
76th out of 139 books — 347 voters
Fallen by Lauren KateUnearthly by Cynthia HandNightshade by Andrea CremerDivergent by Veronica RothWither by Lauren DeStefano
Gorgeous Covers
226th out of 416 books — 311 voters

More lists with this book...

James Hockey
May 06, 2012 James Hockey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is a conundrum in a setting that to many is already mysterious, that of ancient Egypt.

Diana Wilder peels back the veil shrouding this society of 3000 years ago. She peoples it with a royal household inhabited by engaging, understandable and believable characters.

Many mystery novels are predictable; the solution broadcasts itself in a way that is a spoiler from quite early on. This is not such a novel. The mystery here is a page-turner where overlapping layers of the unexplained unfold
Lee Holz
Jun 03, 2012 Lee Holz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pharaoh’s Son is a first rate historical mystery. When I saw the description of this book my first reaction was who needs another murder mystery set in ancient Egypt? God knows there are a lot of them available, but this is like asking who needs another first rate mystery period, and the answer is me and every lover of good mysteries, which is just what this book is – a terrific mystery with a satisfyingly complex plot. The setting is a major plus because the Egypt of Ramasses II is laid out in ...more
Kelsea (Miz. Reader)
Sep 08, 2012 Kelsea (Miz. Reader) rated it really liked it
(May Contain Spoilers Towards the End) This book was hard for me to get into at first. Maybe I was having a hard time concentrating, but I don't know, it just took me a while to get there. But when I did I really liked it.

On of the confusing things for me in the beginning was the names. So many of the names sound the same, but as I got further into the book it became easier to tell the characters apart.

You know in history class you always hear that Ramses II had tons and tons of kids, but it re
Sekhar N Banerjee
Feb 01, 2016 Sekhar N Banerjee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting mystery story....

Set in the days of Ramessis II, this is a very enjoyable mystery story. It definitely will be liked by all interested in ancient Egypt.
Rachel Star
Feb 20, 2014 Rachel Star rated it it was amazing
Very good story. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.
James
May 25, 2012 James is currently reading it
I received this through the Goodreads giveaways, but am quite keen to start it. It's meant to be based in the world of Ramesses the Great and as a fan of Valerio Massimo Manfredi, who also likes to shape ancient tales into his own, it looks to be a cracking read for people who have an interested in ancient history. I've got another book to read, but have started this one and so far so good. So I will try and get through this fairly soon and I'll update you on what I think of it then.
D.S. Taylor
Aug 23, 2013 D.S. Taylor rated it it was amazing
Two brothers struggle to uncover a plot that threatens to bring death and destruction to all they love ... Set in the sands of Ancient Egypt, Pharaoh's Son is a tale of honor, loyalty, death and treachery. Diana Wilder knows how to use her prose to paint a picture that will stay with you long after you've closed the covers. Sit back, snuggle up with a mug of hot choc and enjoy!
Kerry Amburgy-Dickson
Jun 08, 2012 Kerry Amburgy-Dickson rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. While some liberties were taken, that's to be expected when dealing with a time period where there are so few solid details.
Barbara
Oct 20, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 books in one: death and intrigue with separate spiritual text interspersed among the main storyline.
Anna Jean
Nov 21, 2012 Anna Jean added it
Shelves: discarded
Could not get into the story. Each character had at least five names or titles.
Carissa
Jun 05, 2013 Carissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, egyptian
Gave up on this one. That doesn't happen often.
Therese
Oct 18, 2012 Therese marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
$0.0
Sylvia Gomez
Sylvia Gomez marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Randee
Randee marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Isabel Bott
Isabel Bott marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Toni Murzi
Toni Murzi rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Patricia Stevenson
Patricia Stevenson marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Msl0nelyheart
Msl0nelyheart marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Athenenike
Athenenike rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Anastasia Miramontes
Anastasia Miramontes marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Karen Sifton
Karen Sifton marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Sunna
Sunna is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2016
F. D. J.
F. D. J. rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
A. Jarrell Hayes
A. Jarrell Hayes marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Natasa
Natasa marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
  • The Parthian (The Parthian Chronicles, #1)
  • Jezebel's Ladder (Jezebel's Ladder, #1)
  • Snap
  • House of Corruption
  • Chained to the Barbarian (Palace Brides #2)
  • Strategos - Born in the Borderlands (Strategos, #1)
  • The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, Volume Two (Miss Temple, Doctor Svenson, and Cardinal Chang #1.2)
  • Brambleman
  • The Devil's Concubine
  • Seer of Egypt (The King's Man, #2)
  • Bone Wires
  • Slab City Blues: The Ballad of Bad Jack (Slab City Blues ,#4)
  • Blood Zero Sky
  • I Know Not (The Legacy of Fox Crow, #1)
  • Three John Silence Stories
  • The Fortunes of Captain Blood
  • The Prophet
  • Jade
I grew up all around the United States courtesy of a very mobile family. Perhaps because of the Irish in me, I love to weave stories for my own enjoyment about the people I meet and the places I've seen during my travels. I graduated with a degree in ancient and medieval history and experience in journalism.

I started writing novels in graduate school, and have produced four set in New Kingdom Egy
More about Diana Wilder...

Memphis Cycle (4 books)
  • The City of Refuge (Memphis Cycle, #1)
  • Mourningtide (Memphis Cycle, #2)
  • A Killing Among the Dead