Everything Goes: Henry Goes Skating

Everything Goes: Henry Goes Skating (Everything Goes: Henry I Can Read! - Level My First)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When Henry wakes up, the ground is covered with snow! That means it's a perfect day for building a snowman and going ice-skating. On the way to the ice-skating rink, Henry sees lots of winter activity: special trucks for plowing snow and special trucks that help vehicles stuck in the snow!

Henry Goes Skating uses simple, easy-to-read text and bold illustrations to bring sto...more
Published August 21st 2012 by HarperCollins

Tasha
This book follows the Everything Goes books by Biggs, but this time is in a format perfect for very early readers. When Henry wakes up, there is snow on the ground and more falling. He thinks it’s the perfect day to build a snowman, but his family decides to head skating instead. On their way to the rink, they see all sorts of vehicles, including a bus that is stuck on the ice. Luckily, there is a tow truck helping the bus get on its way. At the rink, they see a Zamboni and get to skate in the s...more
Margaret
While I have not read Everything Goes: On Land and the "...in the Air" after getting my hands on this I Can Read! book from the series I think I will have to look for those and the other I Can Read! From Brian Bigger Everything Goes. This is a My First Level early reader with short and simple but fun sentences full of varying punctuation. A great one for the winter months whether your early reader will get snow or not, they can experience it along with Henry in his car ride to go ice skating and...more
Terry
Little Kid Reaction: Review pending.

Big Kid Reaction: This is so much more than an easy reader! I love the idea of sharing it with toddlers and preschoolers to explore the illustrations (counting, colors, objects, cute little birds in hats!), then letting Kindergartners and first graders read and explore for themselves. Many of the illustrations have simple words or letters that complement the text.

Pros: Good story and great illustrations make this a perfect choice for a seasonal easy reader.

To...more
Lorri
This is a fun and colorful book for young kids, especially those who like snow! There isn't much writing, so it makes it easy for beginning readers. I remember years ago when I was excited to see snow falling. That meant spending time outside doing something fun, like what Henry does in the book--ice skating and building snowmen.

I received a complimentary copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
Colby Sharp
This book would have made me happy when I was in the first or second grade.
Gray
The books says early reader but I thought it was too hard for beginners.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
A fun early reader. Will write up a review later.
katsok
I enjoyed Henry's adventure to go skating.
Cheri Klassen
Cheri Klassen marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Feb 19, 2014
Victoria Darkins
Victoria Darkins marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Derek Lefler
Derek Lefler is currently reading it
Dec 14, 2013
Daylen
Daylen added it
Aug 06, 2013
Alisa
Alisa marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Debra
Debra added it
Jun 09, 2013
Shaideh Justinvil
Shaideh Justinvil marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Torgeir Elvsås
Torgeir Elvsås marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
FROM Weird Business, 1995:

Often compared to Charles Addams and Edward Gorey, Brian Biggs first unleashed his bizarre storytelling skills on an unsuspecting world with the love story Frderick & Eloise (Fantagraphics). Since then Brian's work has appeared in a variety of magazines. He is currently in negotiations for his new graphic novel Dear Julia.
More about Brian Biggs...
Everything Goes: On Land Dear Julia Everything Goes: In the Air Everything Goes: Henry in a Jam Everything Goes: 123 Beep Beep Beep!: A Counting Book