Start by marking “The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2 (The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,670 ratings  ·  206 reviews
Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt (The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Looper, 500 Days of Summer) made a big splash with The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories - so now he’s back with volume 2! One of the most ingenious and successful projects to come out of Gordon-Levitt's online creative coalition hitRECord - an international collaboration of artists and writers - The Tiny Book of Tiny S ...more
Published November 13th 2012 by It Books

To ask other readers questions about The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2

Jasmine
"I'm tired
of being tired
of being tired
of being"

That's one of many good stories in the book, but it's the one that struck me. I spoke in a couple other reviews about being diagnosed with depression and my shitty shitty meds and how they did nothing. That story that catches where I'm coming from.

I got a second opinion, the therapist thinks I have bipolar II with mixed or "irritable states" this basically means I have bipolar minus the fun part. This story makes me dwell on that as well.

I'm on

حبيت بساطته

وانه كدا حقيقي وقريب منك

نماذج

Alicia
I was so charmed by the first volume of tiny stories (review), however, I was so under the radar! I didn’t even realize the second volume had been published.

Just like Volume 1, I was absolutely charmed by this tiny book. The illustrations and words were just amazing. I love to see the talent of everyday people being recognized in a big way!

My favorite “story” is quite short, but it sums up my life:

“This is the saddest, most
depressing music i’ve ever heard.

It makes me so happy.”

The wonderful t
Nik
As brilliant as its predecessor,The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2 is a great read. The illustrations are adorable and the text thought provoking. It very subtly tugs at your heart strings throughout alternating between cute, funny or sad stories all in the length of one page.

Ohh, dear book, where were you all my life?

P.S Dear JGL, just when I thought I couldn't love you more!! You do this to me! You should be ashamed of yourself!

So PICK THIS SHIT UP NOW!

Not convinced? Let the adorable Reg
Shay
You likely know Joseph Gordon-Levitt as an actor, be it from Third Rock from the Sun (1996-2001) or his more recent work, such as Inception (2010), The Dark Knight Rises (2012) and Looper (2012). However, he is also the founder of HitRECord, the open collaborative production company which produced The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Volume 2, a collaborative anthology of artwork and writing that could easily be described as either a (very) short story collection, or poetry, depending on which piece yo ...more
Cheryl
The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Volume 2 is a fun collection of short stories. Some of the stories are quirky, which I liked. The illustrations that went with the stories were great. I almost could tell what some of the story were about by just by looking at the pictures. I did not need the words to go with them.

In addition, I like the idea of how this collection of stories came about. I checked out Joseph’s website, HitRecord and it is a very cool site. Everyone should check the site out. There
Miss Bookiverse
So kreativ! Jede Geschichte besteht nur aus wenigen Worten, aber in Kombination mit der Gestaltung steckt da so viel drin! Manche Geschichten hab ich sofort verstanden, oft sind sie traurig oder melancholisch. Für andere hat mein Kopf länger gebraucht und von wenigen war ich auch nach längerem Nachdenken noch verwirrt.
Lisa
“This is the saddest, most
depressing music i’ve ever heard.

It makes me so happy.”
Rola
Amazing and simple,,,, I bet you'd find a story or two that may touch you personally.

كأنها ببساطة مزيج ممتع بين "قصاصات قابلة للحرق" د. أحمد خالد و كشاكيل رسم عمنا "اللباد" ☺

Kelly Hager
This is obviously the second volume of The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories. Each page has a drawing and the page next to it has a short story (very short---a sentence usually). Some are funny, some are sad and all are worth reading.

These books appeal to me for the same reason that PostSecret and the found note project does: it shows that I'm not alone in the world. And yes, not all of these sentences apply to me, but the ones that do...wow.

This is a small book, very portable and definitely readable
Afrina
Whoa! Another quick read with so much depth in each story. Honestly, I did not understand a few of the stories, but I know others would understand those that I did not and not the ones I did.

So this book is pretty much about little stories that are significant to the people who wrote it! In some way though, it is relevant to everyone. Most the stories are different to one another, yet they all seem to intertwine. The stories are about life.

This book was as enchanting as the first, which did no
Gaby
I just wanted to give a shout out for The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories 2. I was fortunate to read and review the first volume when it came out and am glad to report that this next book is just as enchanting. The Tiny Book is a collection of illustrations and small statements, so that you find a tiny poem/story for every 2 pages.

The book is a collaboration of different artists - "HitRecord" curates submissions from the public to come up with a careful selection that combines humor, hope and just a
Deborah
What I was expecting and more! That was all about.

In this wonderful little book you will find a collection of drawings made by wirrow and many other artists. They all have as a common basis the stories. The stories that were said, came up, or stayed deep and hidden in a brain's lobe.
Here are some favorite illustration of mine:
description
description

You can find more pictures and a flipping-through-the-book video, here.

I suggest that as a gift to anyone who loves stories of all kinds. You can find some really though
Ti
The Short of It:

A marvelous little package of creativity.

The Rest of It:

This is another, amazing collection of stories and illustrations in the Tiny Book series. I reviewed Volume 1 last year and was so taken with the project in general, that I didn’t hesitate even for a moment when Volume 2 was offered to me earlier this year. HitRECord, founded by Joseph Gordon-Levitt invites writers and illustrators to contribute to these volumes via the HitRECord website.

These works are short, super short. W
Humaira
'How long is a tiny story?
It's as long as a piece of string. A really tiny piece of string that can stretch out from your pillow to this forest, weaving through mountains on the way and birds perch on it and sing!
I see...'

This book was another volume of adorable, unique, witty, tiny stories that made me smile. While volume one was completely black and white, this book had some splashes of colour in it, mainly red and some bits of pink.

Some of the illustrations were moody and atmospheric and rea
N.
INITIAL OPINION:

3.5/5 Fatter than the first volume but doesn't quite pack the same punch, in my humble opinion. Still, I enjoyed this little book and had some personal favorites that I'll return to. A few of the stories/illustrations made me laugh. The first book made me want to run for a scratch pad to create; this one did not, and yet I love the idea so much that I'm not even slightly tempted to give up on the series.

UPDATE:

Upon a second reading I sort of loved the book, after all. It's diff
Prateek
Absolutely beautiful!
"Dear world behind me:
I know you are an infinite hive
of possibilities endlessly coming
alive that will sneakily snap back
if I try to catch you in the act.

So I'm not going to.

But just know ..
that I'm onto you."
Mary (BookHounds)
MY THOUGHTS
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT

The tiny book of tiny stories is just like the first although I thought it was a bit darker than the first installment. Each page is a delight and each story will leave you pondering the thought behind each one for hours. There are some truly melancholy and some seriously silly little gems. I think my favorite one is: "I'm tired of being tired of being tired of being." Which just hit me at moment of sheer despair and when I turned the page a whole new emotion hit me
Samhita Singh
The best thing about this series is they can be read in no time. Yet, they make you smile, sad and ponder.
Well, I recommended this book at our library and got it yesterday evening. I wanted to read it the very minute it was in my hands because I loved the first volume. And this one has more stories than the previous volume.
Honestly, I liked the previous volume better not that this bad. First volume had a charm and the simplicity of the stories stuck to me. And I am amazed to know this volume fea
Francesca
If you want to try a new experience (I really enjoyed it), here you can find the Youtube playlist by GingerBookNerd where he reads (and shows) the first two volumes in this series.
Nouran
I fell in love with each tiny letter and each tiny line of each tiny story in this tiny book
Tamara
Some stories might as well be written with invisible ink, for how little they affected me, while others jumped off the page and ran out the door, clinging to my coattails.

My Favorites

Tell no one about this cape.

He loved me. He loves me not.

Damn things always keep me awake.

He imagined a wonderful world of possibilities outside the house...but never checked, just in case. (p.94)
Saiber
Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Vol 2. by Various Artists
2015 Reading Challenge - A Graphic / completely Illustrated book.

This book. I wanted to own it soo bad. Now I do. (I still have to get vol 1 and 3.)

Anyway, this is a powerful little (tiny?) book filled with very clever 2-3 line stories and illustrations that complements them. Some story are extraordinary and beautiful. You are filled with awe in the wittiness of it all. And the illustrations just makes it even more awesome.
Kshipra Sharma
When the author says it is a tiny book, it really is a tiny book! However the illustrations are charming and supplemented with a prose which leave you a lot to ponder upon. Don't get me wrong when I say the illustrations are endearing. They have there own stories to tell.
Andrew Torres
"We Must Hide Find Our Selves in Fiction"

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories; Volume II isn't a book that is meant to be read. This is an experience that you need to breathe in every last page. Pages are lined with vitality that vibrate emotional strings that are hanging from our mind and heart. It's a guilt to admit that at times, we are so involved with what we read and see, that we forget to just live with the beauty that sit in front of us. There is a line that is faintly painted which divides whe
Liz
Pretty much everything I said about Vol. 1 of this delightful series can be said about this one. Whatever mood you're in, there is a scene inside for you. Whatever your age range, there's a bit of humor that will appeal. The art ranges from incredible detail to pure simplicity - whatever matches the tiny story accompanying it the most.

This time around, however, red has been included in the color palette, and it makes a huge statement when it's used so sparingly. It really sparks an emotional rea
Mark DC
A much larger tiny book than Vol1. I find that I liked volume 2 more than the first. May it be the splash of color amongst the monochrome, or simply because I found more relatable stories. Either way, these two tiny books are great collections of thought provoking, beautiful works of Art and Literature.

This is great practice for my upcoming English exam, HAHA.
Claudia
Cute! From the back: "Featuring 62 contributors from the 14,946 contributions to the Tiny Stoires collaboration on hitrecord.com...

Apparently a group effort -- artists and writers contribute a one-page spread of a tiny, one-line story, and the editors choose.

Some of my favorites: We must hide (crossed out) find ourselves in fiction; The hat was new--the downpour, perpetual; With a well-paying job and a stable position the call of the wild was never an option; The right shoe left, knowing that th
Khairena Dary
Volume 2 might be the only one of the three The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories I've ever read. I had a high expectation when I first found out about these books, then I looked for the volume 1 yet I couldn't find it anywhere until a friend of mine, Puteri, sent me the eBook of this volume instead.

It is indeed consist of very very very tiny stories. There are some tiny stories that I love, and there are some that I didn't quite like it.

"As my story came to a close I realized that I was the villain al
  • The Bird King and Other Sketches
  • A Calendar of Tales
  • Chasing Odysseus (Hero Trilogy, #1)
  • Howl's Moving Castle Film Comic, Vol. 2
  • Children of the Sea, Vol. 4
  • Love Looks Not with the Eyes: Thirteen Years with Lee Alexander McQueen
  • The Bread We Eat in Dreams
  • The Fir Tree
  • The Tooth (Penguin Mini Modern Classics)
  • Delirium's Party: A Little Endless Storybook
  • The Fall of Fergal: The First Unlikely Exploit (Unlikely Exploits, #1)
  • Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak: by Writers Famous and Obscure
  • ZOO
  • The Art of Tim Burton (Standard Edition)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is an American actor whose career as both a child and adult has included television series and theatrical films.

He is known for his roles in the 2009 indie (500) Days of Summer (for which he earned a Golden Globe nomination), a supporting role in the 2010 science fiction film Inception, and for starring in the 2011 drama 50/50. Beginning in commercials as a young child, he mad
More about Joseph Gordon-Levitt...

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories (4 books)
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 1
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories 2010
The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 1 The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3 The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories 2010 RECollection, Vol. 1 Hitrecord on TV! Season One

“Your heart has a little empty corner. You won't even know I'm there -- I'll be very quiet.” 67 likes
“I just need some time away to remember why I stay.” 54 likes