Start by marking “Family Wisdom From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: Nurturing The Leader Within Your Child” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Family Wisdom From The...

Robin S. Sharma

Richard Carlson, author of the worldwide bestseller Don't Sweat the Small Stuff says that Family Wisdom is "a wonderful book that will help you become a better parent as well as a happier person." This is Robin's most profound book yet, rich with truly life-changing ideas on balancing work and family, transforming your family culture and creating a life that fills your hea ...more
Published May 17th 2011 by Collins (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Family Wisdom From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Wisdom From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari

Ubaid Talpur
after a long time I red self help book it's nice book nice ideas about making a Good family
Sheila
Oct 04, 2011 Sheila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sheila by: Friend
Shelves: robin-s-sharma
It was excellent Book. First book of Robin Sharma and I really liked it. Lots of very nice quotes. I wish this book would have been written when I got married, but it is never too late to read it. This book was recommended by a young well read mother of 2 kids and she gave it to me to read. I practice lots of recommendations in the book, however there are lots of things I will change in my life now. Everyone should read this book, it was worth my time.
Anie  Bats
It is a type of great self-help book with great ideas. Its a nice book to be presented as a gift to inspiring youngsters. The author has given his best to provide wisdom and knowledge to families through a story line. Robin Sharma indeed has a great way of representing his thoughts in a very influential way. Highly recommended for those who sincerely enjoy motivational stuff.
Krasimira Stoykova
Специално заради тази книга си направих тетрадка, в която да записвам безценните мъдрости и съвети, които прочетох. Ръката ми омаля от писане, просто имаше толкова много, което исках да си запазя за по-нататъшен прочит, винаги когато ми потрябва вдъхновение и мотивация, да отгърна тетрадката и да се заредя положително. Не разбирам как може да има хора, които да прочетат книга като тази и да не извлекат дори и най-малка полза от нея. Ами че тя изобилства с толкова много практически съвети, лесно ...more
Darsha18
May 01, 2014 Darsha18 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. Must Read
Sahib Khurana
Sep 08, 2014 Sahib Khurana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A spectacular self help book on family.Robin Sharma has tried to impart wisdom & knowledge regarding families through the story of Catherine Mantle,who's a business tycoon.Once,On a flight to a place with her colleagues,death nearly embraces her but leaves her with a profound change in her thinking towards life.While her time in hospital after the air-crash,she comes to meet her globe trotter brother, Juliane Mantle,who gave up all the luxuries & delicacies of life,sold his favourite red ...more
Melissa
Nov 30, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Really makes you realize and understand what's truly important to you! Through an incredibly witty and brilliant story plot Robin Sharma helps you understand the teachings of wisdom that free you from the traps of fast paced modern life! - I had to read it in one sitting! I just could not put it down!

He takes you on his journey to enlightenment, which in turn becomes your own journey. He leads you through the steps you will need to master to truly have inner peace. There is a very Z
Sondos ibrahims
Sep 21, 2013 Sondos ibrahims rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
مش بقولو في كُتب بتقلب حياة الانسان ١٨٠ درجة، قبل ميمسكها بكون شخص..ومع تلفظه لآخر حرف بصير انسان جديد؟! ..اه هاد الكتاب بالضبط هيك عملي معي، كان قالب سقل شخصيتي واضفلها ابعاد اعمق من هيك عالحياة. الهام ذاتي، طاقة، تصفية ذهنية، اهداف، عزيمة، امل، حياة، بساطة، تقدير، حب، اخلاص، ايمان...حكم حياتية الي اذا تم تذويتها بالفرد راح يكون اغنى الناس نفسيا، راح يكون عنده اكتفاء ذاتي، فقد فلح روبن شارما السلس بايراد حكم حياتية واسس اجتماعية بالغة الاهمية في التكوين الفردي والتي قد ينم وينتُج عنها ابن اللحظ ...more
Ryan_hg
Jul 31, 2015 Ryan_hg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't have read this book in a more timely manner. As an entrepreneur that have so much to commit to both business and family, this books truly illustrates that it's possible to achieve a balance between work and family. Yes, simple yet uniquely profound methods that is a must read for all parents.

Thank you Robin, for have written a book that I believe will serve us well if we take time to understand and applies the method into our life
Reem Almazrouei
" Knowing exactly what you want for the future of your family protects you from all those negative influences that try and creep into our lives. When your thoughts are crystal clear and you are completely committed to your vision of your family's future, then the opinions of others mean nothing"

An interesting book , though it didn't match my expectation
Beeren
May 08, 2016 Beeren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: motivational
This book is must to be read. I like about Robin is that he sticks to his fundamental knowledge/enlightenment in all his books. This book will not just help you to be better family person but also a better person in general. Simple rules, if sincerely followed will bring lot of joy in our life.
Debra Langley
May 29, 2014 Debra Langley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first book....The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.....this one is just as good. Wisdom for both young and old pouring from it's pages. A book you cannot read without a pencil in hand and a book that will be read more than once and referred back to on many occasions. Highly recommended.
Variya Tongtip
Aug 16, 2015 Variya Tongtip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You don't have to be a parent to be able to read this book, as a sister who has a nine year old sister, I sometimes feel like I am raising her as well, so reading this book really opened my eyes on the wisdom of being a role model.
Jagdish Behera
Feb 20, 2016 Jagdish Behera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read book for the person having family.
Sabreena Khatri
Iman
add new ideas
Manrico
May 01, 2015 Manrico rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes it feels too much like preaching (which is not my style) but it is still inspiring and its thoughts and insights while not often groundbreaking are very useful.
Tina
Feb 03, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this book and made me question what is important in life

Rehan Abd Jamil
May 29, 2015 Rehan Abd Jamil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book full of awesome quotes~ my favorite, by Desiderius Erasmus 'when I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes'.
Prasad GR
Essentially this is a repeat of the wisdom found in his other books but with a higher focus on the parenting aspect. 3 stars still because a reminder like this more than welcome!
Marius
Jan 10, 2008 Marius rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: savisvieta
Visos autoriaus knygos patiko. Reikes nusipirkt ir nauja:)
Lalitha Bhattiprolu
VERY GUD ..LETS U THINK ABOUT THE TOPICS DIS CUSSED..
ENRICHES UR KNOWLEDGE GAINED THROUGH PREVIOUS BOOKS OH THE AUTHOR..
REITERATES THAT UR IDEAS R GUD TOWARDS LIFE
Suresh
Nov 18, 2012 Suresh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: completed
Must read......
Snehal
Sep 13, 2015 Snehal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it in some parts of the book. The techniques mentioned in book are contradicted I felt. And the way it's revealed bores sometimes.
Asha
Dec 05, 2012 Asha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
One golden rule that I take away from the author - Family Comes First!
Puspathevi Krishnamani
good book. every parent should read.
Mohd Nordin Che Omar
Really like this book by Robin Sharma as the wisdoms presented really applicable as leader of a family.
Lida Sarantidi
Dec 03, 2015 Lida Sarantidi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A good reminder of family values, but nothing new, nothinq more than other peoples' quotes put together in a family context.
  • Bobblehead Dad: 25 Life Lessons I Forgot I Knew
  • The Economics of Enough: How to Run the Economy as If the Future Matters
  • Fat, Broke  Lonely No More: Your Personal Solution to Overeating, Overspending, and Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places
  • The Magic Lamp: Goal Setting for People Who Hate Setting Goals
  • Clutch: Why Some People Excel Under Pressure and Others Don't
  • The Sleepeasy Solution: The Exhausted Parent's Guide to Getting Your Child to Sleep from Birth to Age 5
  • If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules: Ten Rules for Being Human as Introduced in Chicken Soup for the Soul
  • From Poverty to Power
  • Style on a Shoestring: Develop Your Cents of Style and Look Like a Million without Spending a Fortune
  • If... (Questions for the Game of Life)(If..., #1)
  • How: Why How We Do Anything Means Everything...in Business (and in Life)
  • Emotional Currency: A Woman's Guide to Building a Healthy Relationship with Money
  • الإمام مالك: السيرة المصورة
  • Where Did I Leave My Glasses?: The What, When, and Why of Normal Memory Loss
  • Heroes for My Son
  • KaBOOM!: One Entrepreneur's Quest to Build Community & SAVE PLAY!
  • Satisfaction: Sensation Seeking, Novelty, and the Science of Finding True Fulfillment
  • Biografi Ibnu Khaldun: Kehidupan dan Karya Bapak Sosiologi Dunia
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies

More about Robin S. Sharma...

“The saddest part of life lies not in the act of dying, but in failing to truly live while we are alive.” 1 likes
“The only devils in the world are those running in our own hearts. That is where the battle should be fought. Mahatma Gandhi” 1 likes