Start by marking “Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)

Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  25,300 ratings  ·  3,169 reviews
Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putt...more
Published October 2nd 2012 by Harper (first published January 1st 2010)

Lucille
SHE WILL CHOOSE ME.

October 16, 2012! I watched Tahereh Mafi's video of this saying that Destroy Me is written EXCLUSIVELY from Warner's point of view!

Tahereh Mafi, you've already shattered me with your first book, and now you're destroying me (in a very good way) as well!

description

Update 6-25-12: The publication date was moved to October 2nd! Oh yeah!

*************

AFTER READING: I don't know why it took me so long to read this, but omg! TEAM WARNER! If Juliette ends up with Adam, I would cry.
(view spoi...more
Zemira Warner
Oct 02, 2012 Zemira Warner rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of bad boys with a softer side
...from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner.

But I don't hate Warner. I looove him.

I didn't thought I could possibly love Warner more but I was wrong. My God,he is such a sweetheart. That scene with the dog killed me. I recently saw Equilibrium and something similar happened over there.

I don't usually rate novellas/short stories but in this case I will make an exception.

Full review to come.
Christine Riccio
DAMNIT WARNER. couldn't put this novella down... THAT NEVER HAPPENS WITH NOVELLAS.
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
Oct 12, 2012 Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: WARNER FANS.
Shelves: favorites
UPDATE! FUCKINGAWESOME UPDATE!♥
Official BOOK TRAILER and an excerpt of this book.^
Lets just say, I died after watching the trailer. Like.seriously. <.<
My reaction: OMG OMG OMG! DYYIINNG, DYYYYIIINNG! EEEE! AAAHH! OMG! ♥__♥
Warner is good, not great, and love when the soldiers and all are there. It just looks so real. I want the freaking movie. :(

Me right now.^
Oh. Lord. I think I am in Heaven.
My mind is still processing what I have just read.
After re...more
Soumi
Update : 03/10/2012, my psycho lover has blow me away, making my lips trembling and anchoring a dull ache in my heart. Of Warner.....I love you. Review to come

Update : 6/26/2012 : I'm disappointed on the cover, I really had high expectation to see Warner on the cover :/

What???????? Perspective of Warner..Fuck yeah. I want this right now...my psycho lover Warner, here I come.
Booknut
Everyone! Quick! IT'S A BOOK FULL OF WARNER AWESOMENESS!!

This book is amazing. Poor Warner - he's feelings for Juliette are so beautiful (and often screwed up, but who doesn't love a good-looking and witty psychopath, eh?!!). He's all like:

And I'm like:

And I still am. Yeah, Adam is a winner (no arguing there) but Warner has my heart! As does Kenji, the brilliant and foul-mouthed lad he is :D

So let us have a moment to appreciate the genius that is Tahereh Mafi...

Can't wait for Unravel Me!!!!
Ariana
Oh, my dear Warner, I love you so much it hurts. (4.5 stars)

I saw right through him.
You see, I love it when my heart is right.. and right now it still loves Warner to pieces.
Yes, he’s the bad guy.
No, he doesn’t need to convince me otherwise.

If I liked this amazing and complex character in Shatter Me, well now I feel like I’ve been bewitched by him, his dark mind, his fears, and his struggle. I repeat, Warner is not a good person, the world didn’t make him good, the world was not good to him eit...more
Regan
I honestly i thought i was with Adam all the way. But reading this has completely changed my perspective on everything, i am so TORN. I cannot wait to read unravel me now..

Also the new perspective was refreshing an allowed more insight on what was happened. I almost cried twice when i found out various truths while reading this..
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
4.5 stars.
When did Taheref Mafi go from being a debut author that intrigued and confused me to being on my very short list of authors whose works I buy without a second thought? I think Shatter Me is one of those books that kept changing and changing in my mind long after I finished reading it, becoming better every day, as it endured the test of time. I read a lot and I forget easily, it is a simple fact, but Tahereh Mafi never allowed herself to be forgotten. And she just sealed the deal with...more
Mel
Okay, I'm just going to come right out and say it: I'm officially in love with Warner. I always did love his character in Shatter Me. For a villain, I thought he was so interesting and compelling, but reading Destroy Me from his point of view just was a total game changer. Everything I originally thought about Warner was completely wrong. I thought he was power hungry, but he really isn't. He's always had power and is used to it, but is resentful of it because it's artificial. No one around him...more
Stephanie ♥Loves Adrian Ivashkov♥
Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner!

Destroy Me was beyond amazing! Nothing but Warner, Warner, Warner and his feelings. Sometimes I had trouble breathing because of this awesomeness. I had to keep reading and reading and reading until I had read it all. I kind of wanted to start all over.
Warner as always was brilliant but oh so dark in his thoughts.

“Friendship is not a thing I have ever experienced. Not as a child, and not as I am now.”

Aww poor baby,...more
Nobonita
Dec 15, 2012 Nobonita rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!! XD Read this and you'll immediately switch over to team Warner! ;D
Recommended to Nobonita by: myself,'cus I absolutely love Warner! <3
Pre-read Review

from summary:
".......from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate,Warner."

Obviously HarperCollins is unaware of the existence of readers like me who love Warner even though he's a villain and practically made Juliette's life hell. :P

(Ooh ooh by the way guys wanna see the fictional guys I'm rooting for *including Warner*?Check out the right sidebar of my blog Daydreaming Bookworm)
Post-read review
This review is also posted at my blog Daydreaming Bookworm

Okay,so I won't...more
Rimsha Salam
Check out my blogs for more reviews and book stuff: http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot...

After Reading:
OOOOOMG epic! epic! epic!

Before Reading:
only these can tell my fellings for now;

Stacey
okay. I have ZERO WORDS FOR HOW IN LOVE WITH WARNER I AM. I knew I loved Warner since we first met him in Shatter Me, but Destroy Me gives us a whole new perspective of Warner that we never thought possible. Destroy Me really shows how much Warner loves Juliette and that his fascination of her was not to make her a weapon like we thought in Shatter Me. I'm just left with so many feelings of Warner and-
ANYONE WHO THINKS WARNER IS JUST AN EVIL, PSYCHOTIC PERSON WHO DOESN'T DESERVE JULIETTE'S LOVE...more
Annie Brewer
Well hell, been stewing over this since I finished. I am just in love with Mafi's writing. She managed to "wow" me again with her poetic, addictive writing. I'm just so torn. So torn.
This was an awesome insight into Warner's sick mind. While he became more obsessed with Juliette, I started to...*cringes* like him. *breathes out* Crazy. It's crazy, I tell ya. I did not want to like him but dammit if I didn't find myself getting all sappy. He was tortured. His dad is such a controlling piece of s...more
Zuleeza
Actual rating 4.5 stars. It would've been 5-stars if it weren't for Warner's wet dream. Okay, maybe it wasn't a wet dream but still! Yikes!

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh, this novella is doing things to me.

Heyyyyy, Warner...

I will not talk about Warner.

I will not talk about Warner.

I will not-

Damn, Warner.

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?! I usually like nice guys but I'm sorry Adam, I think Warner totally kicked your butt with the birth of this novella.

I don't knooooooooooow!!! I feel like I want to run to Warner, to comf...more
Katie Stout
HOLY. CRAP.

Some of you may remember that I was just sort of iffy about Shatter Me. The writing was a little too much, and I didn't connect much with Juliet or Adam. But I loved Warner - he was my favorite character - so I was hoping that this novella would be interesting.

Little did I know that it would totally blow my mind.

My brain. It can't....I just...OMG.

I'm reading along, semi-interested at the beginning, thinking how awesome it is to be reading a Tahereh Mafi book with no slashes through wo...more
Rebecca
Warner's POV? HECK YEAH.

And I love these new covers. So beautiful.

*Update after reading*

So, I'm at a bit of a loss at what to say here. I was very, very excited for this novella to come out. I wondered how Mafi would write Warner's point of view, and I have to say, I'm kind of happy it wasn't stuffed full of the metaphors we get from Juliette. There were also no strike-throughs. Warner has a very clear, precise way of telling the story.

I wondered if reading this would change my opinion of War...more
Renee

WARNER........

description

* This novella was definately worth reading*
Liz
While reading this novella, I came up with some songs that really matched Warner's situation...

Warner, Warner, Warner...

It was refreshing to read what happened to him after Juliette's escape. I was always aware of the fact that he is an incredibly strong person, but I never thought that he was so close to the edge of insanity.
“Torture is not torture when there’s any hope of relief.”

His life was filled with pain and pressure and hatred, no wonder he became the monster everybody is afraid of....more
Irina
My thoughts before reading it:
Actually I really want Warner and Juliette to be together, but I'm quite sure they won't . I mean Adam is the good guy ,and Warner isn't, though I can feel there's more to him than what we've read in "Shatter me". No one ever asked Warner if he likes the job he does.In "Destroy me" will appear Warner's father which I presume is not any less ruthless than Warner.
My assumptions are that Warner is a villain, not because he wants to be one, but because he has to. He be...more
Arlene
There’s no reprieve from their curious stares and their disappointment that I did not die. I don’t even have to look at them to know what they are thinking...

For fans of the Shatter Me series that are hiding their Team Warner flag, rest assured that those who read Destroy Me will want to join our club. Warner confirmed my suspicions that he’s a hot mess not to be ignored! ~sighs~ After reading this excerpt of the series, I can now comfortably say I knew he was worth my attention. :)

This novella...more
Sandee (Nikolai Lantsov's Queen)
"She looks at me.
She searches me with those odd, blue-green eyes and I feel guilty so suddenly, without understanding why. But there is something about the way she looks at me that always makes me feel insignificant, as if she's the only one who realized I'm entirely hollow inside. She's found the cracks in this cast I'm forced to wear everyday, and it petrifies me.
That this girl would know exactly how to shatter me.

Just curious, so the previous title, Shatter Me, was the author talking about W...more
Nunu
This will definitely change the view of many people, I'm in Warners team! I want to see whats in his psycho head. Its definitely shows he is IN LOVE WITH JUILETTE~ No need for a love triangle if you have Warner!

Expectations:
- He feels crushed that juilette never liked him
- Knows that there is an "Electric charge between juilette and warner" when they kissed.
- Wants to feel loved, or accepted.
- Still in denial that juilette will never chose him
- Disobey his dad
- His mother maybe one of...more
Kira
This was actually decent. Who the hell knew?
Amy (Foxy)
SHE WILL CHOOSE ME

DESTROY ME is Warner's pov. I read this novella out of order. My library hold came in after I had already read book 2. Either way, I've been Team Warner from the beginning.

Awe, Warner,
Love is a heartless bastard.

SERIES:
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi
Continuing story.

Novellas:
Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi
(#1.5)(#2.5)
Sheri
Warner, Warner, Warner…

If you loved Shatter Me, you have to read this. Actually being inside of Warner's head is pretty much…creepy, sad, scary, painful, wondrous…all of the above.

Mafi did such a great job with this story. She was able to put in so much emotion into Warner's story, I don't know how someone could read this and not feel for him. He is full of so much pain, and he loves Juliette to a fault. As with Shatter Me, the writing is beautiful. The style was different since we are inside Wa...more
Jessica
This is a first. I just gave this novella 5/5, but it's prequel (the 1st book in the series) a 4/5. So weird.

Really excited for book 2!
Harriet
4 INSIDE WARNERS HEAD STARS!

I kept wondering whether to read this novella or skip it but after a few GoodRead friends tempted me I thought I better had. I'm really pleased I have as it gave me an insight into Warner's past.

In the first book I struggled with the things Warner did and made it very hard for me to like him. This novella cleared a lot of those issues for me and made me understand why he did some of the things he did even though some of them still wasn't right I feel I finally have an...more
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
  • Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5)
  • Life Before Legend (Legend, #0.5)
  • Annabel (Delirium, #0.5)
  • The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)
Tahereh Mafi is a girl. She writes books and reads books and drinks way too much coffee.
More about Tahereh Mafi...
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5) Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5)

“And I've fallen.

So hard.

I've hit the ground. Gone right through it. Never in my life have I felt this. Nothing like this. I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen.

And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible, paralyzing feeling. I feel crippled. Desperate and out of control. And it keeps getting worse. Every day I feel sick. Empty and somehow aching.

Love is a heartless bastard.”
487 likes
“People seldom realize that they tell lies with their lips and truths with their eyes all the time.” 292 likes