Start by marking “Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)

Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  43,006 Ratings  ·  4,589 Reviews
Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putt
Published October 2nd 2012 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Destroy Me, please sign up.

Sarah You don't need to read this in order to read the next one, it is just a novella. And the order of the entire series, including the two novellas is:

#1…more

#1 Shatter me
#1.5 (Novella) Destroy me
#2 Unravel me
#2.5 (Novella) Fracture me
#3 Ignite me(less)

Lucille
Aug 21, 2015 Lucille rated it it was amazing
Update 06-19-15: Tahereh Mafi has just announced that Shatter Me is going to be a tv show! OHMYGOD. I have so many feels! We are finally going to see a physical manifestation of Warner! WHY ISN'T EVERYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT?!

It would be a huge mistake if they don't cast Hunter Parrish because he looks perfect as Warner!

-----

SHE WILL CHOOSE ME.

October 16, 2012! I watched Tahereh Mafi's video of this saying that Destroy Me is written EXCLUSIVELY from Warner's point of view!

Tahereh Mafi, you've
Christine Riccio
Jun 26, 2013 Christine Riccio rated it really liked it
DAMNIT WARNER. couldn't put this novella down... THAT NEVER HAPPENS WITH NOVELLAS.
Lola  Reviewer
*3.5 stars*

description

Possibly, the reason why I am not loving this as much as everyone else – even though I still enjoyed it – is because I’ve finished the Shatter Me trilogy weeks ago and only now decided to pick this #1.5 novella up.

It may not have been the most intelligent thing to do, but, in my defence, novellas are not my favorite types of reads and I prefer to leave them be, so they don’t risk ruining characters or…some scenes for me. Like it happened somehow with Roar and Liv

This was good though.
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Oct 02, 2012 Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of bad boys with a softer side
...from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner.

But I don't hate Warner. I looove him.

I didn't thought I could possibly love Warner more but I was wrong. My God,he is such a sweetheart. That scene with the dog killed me. I recently saw Equilibrium and something similar happened over there.

I don't usually rate novellas/short stories but in this case I will make an exception.

Full review to come.
Sofii♡

“I almost forget that she still hates me, despite how hard I've fallen for her.
And I've fallen.
I've hit the ground.”

Oh Warner ! . I'm officially in love with this character !. This has been, Hard, Raw and Real ... So many feelings ...

I think this novella is one of the best I've read. This well thought out and recited, so that you can see the soul of the character, it's like, breaks his armor and we see Warner for what he really is, how he has arrived where it is and why.

This reading
Saniya
Oct 12, 2012 Saniya rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: WARNER FANS.
Shelves: favorites
UPDATE! FUCKINGAWESOME UPDATE!
Official BOOK TRAILER and an excerpt of this book.^
Lets just say, I died after watching the trailer. Like.seriously. <.<
My reaction: OMG OMG OMG! DYYIINNG, DYYYYIIINNG! EEEE! AAAHH! OMG! __
Warner is good, not great, and love when the soldiers and all are there. It just looks so real. I want the freaking movie. :(

Me right now.^
Oh. Lord. I think I am in Heaven.
My mind is still processing what I have just read.
After readi
Booknut
Oct 12, 2012 Booknut rated it it was amazing
Everyone! Quick! IT'S A BOOK FULL OF WARNER AWESOMENESS!!

This book is amazing. Poor Warner - he's feelings for Juliette are so beautiful (and often screwed up, but who doesn't love a good-looking and witty psychopath, eh?!!). He's all like:

And I'm like:

And I still am. Yeah, Adam is a winner (no arguing there) but Warner has my heart! As does Kenji, the brilliant and foul-mouthed lad he is :D

So let us have a moment to appreciate the genius that is Tahereh Mafi...

Can't wait for Unravel Me!!!!
Regan
Jul 09, 2013 Regan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned-read
I honestly i thought i was with Adam all the way. But reading this has completely changed my perspective on everything, i am so TORN. I cannot wait to read unravel me now..

Also the new perspective was refreshing an allowed more insight on what was happened. I almost cried twice when i found out various truths while reading this..
Soumi
Update : 03/10/2012, my psycho lover has blow me away, making my lips trembling and anchoring a dull ache in my heart. Of Warner.....I love you. Review to come

Update : 6/26/2012 : I'm disappointed on the cover, I really had high expectation to see Warner on the cover :/

What???????? Perspective of Warner..Fuck yeah. I want this right now...my psycho lover Warner, here I come.
Mariah of the Night Court
Jun 01, 2016 Mariah of the Night Court rated it it was amazing
WARNER MY LOVE.

***Contains Spoilers***

I HAVE NEVER READ A NOVELLA SO QUICKLY AND INTENSELY LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE.

The whole entire 109 pages were from Warner's point of view and made me love him more than I already do. And he thinks about Juliette a ton, which may sound a bit obsessive, but it still makes me all happy inside. The ways in which he thinks about her though are so, like, I can't even put it into words. Even though Juliette hates him, I still ship her and Warner together.

“That this gir
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
Warner is a complete psychopath and is literally insane...
Is it weird that I like him better than Adam?

Ariana
Mar 20, 2015 Ariana rated it really liked it
Oh, my dear Warner, I love you so much it hurts. (4.5 stars)

I saw right through him.
You see, I love it when my heart is right.. and right now it still loves Warner to pieces.
Yes, he’s the bad guy.
No, he doesn’t need to convince me otherwise.

If I liked this amazing and complex character in Shatter Me, well now I feel like I’ve been bewitched by him, his dark mind, his fears, and his struggle. I repeat, Warner is not a good person, the world didn’t make him good, the world was not good to him eit
Anne
Feb 01, 2016 Anne rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Anne by: TO PEOPLE WHO HATE WARNER. MORE FOR ME
THIS IS NOT A REVIEW. THIS IS A STORY. A TRAGEDY.
Years ago when I was only but a young - and fairly impressionable too, fairly- girl, I met a boy. Dark and beautiful he was, intense too, and I unwittingly fell in love with him. Abominably madly, completely in love with him. That chapter of my life's been over for almost 4 years now, almost 4 years the story's been over, and still I can't forget him. I never will.

Reread. Again: Jan 31st/2016.
Every time I reread this, I become more and more
Feb 02, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2016
I love Warner, he is adorable. Getting to see that there was a whole different side to him was good. I loved plain old evil Warner but knowing Warner has another side to him made me love him even more. I do believe that he loves Juliette and I want them to be together because they're actually exciting. Warner is my favourite character and he's the main reason why I love this series as much as I do.

I preferred the writing in this because Warner's POV isn't as annoying as Juliette's but I still d
Kainat Ijaz 《UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT》
Reread.
“Some days I wonder why I insist on keeping myself alive...
I will give no one the satisfaction of my death.”

So i am a huge Warner fan and this book was a sweet sweet treat! This explains his beyond creepy behavior in Shatter Me. Don't get me wrong, i have no problem with him being creepy and evil but it was still fun seeing his vulnerable side. I mean, come on! Who doesn't want to know what goes on in that psychopathic head of his?

"This girl is destroying me. A girl who has spent the
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Jan 19, 2015 Aj the Ravenous Reader rated it really liked it
Knowing that every word in the book came from Warner, I didn’t do anything except savor every single one of them. <3 <3 <3 I just love everything about him, the way he talks, the way he acts...I even love his obsession with cleanliness. No wonder he looks so perfectly irresistible- he likes to take long baths!!! (oops, spoiler! hahaha).

Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
Dec 08, 2015 Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie rated it really liked it
That this girl would know exactly how to shatter me.

This girl is destroying me.

That last one was just too perfect. I crack myself up.

Destroy Me was a really short novella taking place after Shatter Me in Warner's POV. I didn't need his side to know I was completely Team Warner . . . but this book just reinforced that I'm exactly where I should be.

*heart eyes*

In book one, we got clues as to what was really going on with Warner. He didn't have the happy, pampered and privileged lifestyle peop
Mel
Okay, I'm just going to come right out and say it: I'm officially in love with Warner. I always did love his character in Shatter Me. For a villain, I thought he was so interesting and compelling, but reading Destroy Me from his point of view just was a total game changer. Everything I originally thought about Warner was completely wrong. I thought he was power hungry, but he really isn't. He's always had power and is used to it, but is resentful of it because it's artificial. No one around him ...more
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
4.5 stars.
When did Taheref Mafi go from being a debut author that intrigued and confused me to being on my very short list of authors whose works I buy without a second thought? I think Shatter Me is one of those books that kept changing and changing in my mind long after I finished reading it, becoming better every day, as it endured the test of time. I read a lot and I forget easily, it is a simple fact, but Tahereh Mafi never allowed herself to be forgotten. And she just sealed the deal with
Clau R.
Yes Warner, yes, I will marry you.

I really liked this novella, and I'm glad I read it after Ignite Me, because I was discovering these great things about Warner at the same time Juliette was <3. And I just knew it! I knew Warner had so much more inside of him and this just made me love him more if that's even possible.
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Jun 01, 2016 TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
 photo giphy_zps1aunpcv9.gif

God damnit Warner, you little bastard. Why'd you have to go and make me like you?

“I almost forget that she still hates me, despite how hard I've fallen for her.
And I've fallen.
So hard.
I've hit the ground. Gone right through it. Never in my life have I felt this. Nothing like this. I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen.
And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible,
Stephanie (Bookfever.♥)
Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner!

Destroy Me was beyond amazing! Nothing but Warner, Warner, Warner and his feelings. Sometimes I had trouble breathing because of this awesomeness. I had to keep reading and reading and reading until I had read it all. I kind of wanted to start all over.
Warner as always was brilliant but oh so dark in his thoughts.

“Friendship is not a thing I have ever experienced. Not as a child, and not as I am now.”

Aww poor baby,
Elisabeth
Can we just? Love love love this!
Highly recommend, especially if you want a look inside Warner's head.
Anja
Nov 09, 2015 Anja rated it it was amazing
*5 WARNER-TASTIC STARS*

"Love is a heartless bastard."

When I started reading this series, I originally wasn't planning on reading the novella's, but boy I'm so happy I did!
We finally got a better look into Warner's mind and his way of thinking and it made me love him even more than I already did! I feel like Warner and Juliette are just perfect for each other, they are so alike and even went through some of the same shit during their childhood...
It was really interesting to read how Warner fell
isabelle
There are no words to explain what I feel about Warner.

Nothing.

But I'll do the best I can. In his own words, at least.

"My mind is a warehouse of carefully organized human emotions."

"It takes an intense amount of concentration to keep my fingers from shaking as I wipe the slight sheen of perspiration off my forehead, but I will not allow myself a moment of weakness."

"I have sentenced myself to a life of solitude, one wherein I have no peers, and no mind but my own to live in. I looked to build
Katie
HOLY. CRAP.

Some of you may remember that I was just sort of iffy about Shatter Me. The writing was a little too much, and I didn't connect much with Juliet or Adam. But I loved Warner - he was my favorite character - so I was hoping that this novella would be interesting.

Little did I know that it would totally blow my mind.

My brain. It can't....I just...OMG.

I'm reading along, semi-interested at the beginning, thinking how awesome it is to be reading a Tahereh Mafi book with no slashes through wo
Nobonita
Dec 15, 2012 Nobonita rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!! XD Read this and you'll immediately switch over to team Warner! ;D
Recommended to Nobonita by: myself,'cus I absolutely love Warner! <3
Pre-read Review

from summary:
".......from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate,Warner."

Obviously HarperCollins is unaware of the existence of readers like me who love Warner even though he's a villain and practically made Juliette's life hell. :P

(Ooh ooh by the way guys wanna see the fictional guys I'm rooting for *including Warner*?Check out the right sidebar of my blog Daydreaming Bookworm)
Post-read review
This review is also posted at my blog Daydreaming Bookworm

Okay,so I won
Rimsha Salam
Check out my blogs for more reviews and book stuff: http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot...

After Reading:
OOOOOMG epic! epic! epic!

Before Reading:
only these can tell my fellings for now;

Aly's Bookish Wonderland
I just want to grab Warner and hug him.

And then maybe stuff him in a suitcase and kidnap him.
Stacey
Oct 14, 2015 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars
okay. I have ZERO WORDS FOR HOW IN LOVE WITH WARNER I AM. I knew I loved Warner since we first met him in Shatter Me, but Destroy Me gives us a whole new perspective of Warner that we never thought possible. Destroy Me really shows how much Warner loves Juliette and that his fascination of her was not to make her a weapon like we thought in Shatter Me. I'm just left with so many feelings of Warner and-
ANYONE WHO THINKS WARNER IS JUST AN EVIL, PSYCHOTIC PERSON WHO DOESN'T DESERVE JULIETTE'S LOVE
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5)
  • An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)
  • Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
  • The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Raven (Delirium, #2.5)
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
  • Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)
  • Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • The Seeds of Wither (The Chemical Garden #1.5)
She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Santa Monica, California, where she drinks too much caffeine and finds the weather to be just a little too perfect for her taste.
When unable to find a book, she can be found reading candy wrappers, coupons, and old receipts.
More about Tahereh Mafi...

Shatter Me (3 books)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)

“And I've fallen.

So hard.

And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible, paralyzing feeling. I feel crippled. Desperate and out of control. And it keeps getting worse. Every day I feel sick. Empty and somehow aching.

Love is a heartless bastard.”
760 likes
“People seldom realize that they tell lies with their lips and truths with their eyes all the time.” 457 likes