Start by marking “Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)

Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  37,777 ratings  ·  4,227 reviews
Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putt
Published October 2nd 2012 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Destroy Me, please sign up.

Alexandra Pomano No, but I recommend reading this first before Unravel Me because you'll get a feel of Warner's real character.

Update 06-19-15: Tahereh Mafi has just announced that Shatter Me is going to be a tv show! OHMYGOD. I have so many feels! We are finally going to see a physical manifestation of Warner! WHY ISN'T EVERYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT?!

It would be a huge mistake if they don't cast Hunter Parrish because he looks perfect as Warner!

October 16, 2012! I watched Tahereh Mafi's video of this saying that Destroy Me is written EXCLUSIVELY from Warner's point of view!

Tahereh Mafi, you've
Christine Riccio
DAMNIT WARNER. couldn't put this novella down... THAT NEVER HAPPENS WITH NOVELLAS.
*3.5 stars*

Possibly, the reason why I am not loving this as much as everyone else – even though I still enjoyed it – is because I’ve finished the Shatter Me trilogy weeks ago and only now decided to pick this #1.5 novella up.

It may not have been the most intelligent thing to do, but, in my defence, novellas are not my favorite types of reads and I prefer to leave them be, so they don’t risk ruining characters or…some scenes for me. Like it happened somehow with Roar and Liv

This was good though.
Zemira Warner
Oct 02, 2012 Zemira Warner rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of bad boys with a softer side
...from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner.

But I don't hate Warner. I looove him.

I didn't thought I could possibly love Warner more but I was wrong. My God,he is such a sweetheart. That scene with the dog killed me. I recently saw Equilibrium and something similar happened over there.

I don't usually rate novellas/short stories but in this case I will make an exception.

Full review to come.
Oct 12, 2012 Saniya rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: WARNER FANS.
Shelves: favorites
Official BOOK TRAILER and an excerpt of this book.^
Lets just say, I died after watching the trailer. Like.seriously. <.<
Warner is good, not great, and love when the soldiers and all are there. It just looks so real. I want the freaking movie. :(

Me right now.^
Oh. Lord. I think I am in Heaven.
My mind is still processing what I have just read.
After readi

This book is amazing. Poor Warner - he's feelings for Juliette are so beautiful (and often screwed up, but who doesn't love a good-looking and witty psychopath, eh?!!). He's all like:

And I'm like:

And I still am. Yeah, Adam is a winner (no arguing there) but Warner has my heart! As does Kenji, the brilliant and foul-mouthed lad he is :D

So let us have a moment to appreciate the genius that is Tahereh Mafi...

Can't wait for Unravel Me!!!!
Update : 03/10/2012, my psycho lover has blow me away, making my lips trembling and anchoring a dull ache in my heart. Of Warner.....I love you. Review to come

Update : 6/26/2012 : I'm disappointed on the cover, I really had high expectation to see Warner on the cover :/

What???????? Perspective of Warner..Fuck yeah. I want this right psycho lover Warner, here I come.
I honestly i thought i was with Adam all the way. But reading this has completely changed my perspective on everything, i am so TORN. I cannot wait to read unravel me now..

Also the new perspective was refreshing an allowed more insight on what was happened. I almost cried twice when i found out various truths while reading this..
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
Warner is a complete psychopath and is literally insane...
Is it weird that I like him better than Adam?

Oh, my dear Warner, I love you so much it hurts. (4.5 stars)

I saw right through him.
You see, I love it when my heart is right.. and right now it still loves Warner to pieces.
Yes, he’s the bad guy.
No, he doesn’t need to convince me otherwise.

If I liked this amazing and complex character in Shatter Me, well now I feel like I’ve been bewitched by him, his dark mind, his fears, and his struggle. I repeat, Warner is not a good person, the world didn’t make him good, the world was not good to him eit
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
That this girl would know exactly how to shatter me.

This girl is destroying me.

Oh, Warner, how you make my heart sing. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I have a few cards for you . . .

That last one was just too perfect. I crack myself up.

Destroy Me was a really short novella taking place after Shatter Me in Warner's POV. I didn't need his side to know I was completely Team Warner . . . but this book just reinforced that I'm exactly where I should be.

*heart eyes*

In book one, we got clues
Okay, I'm just going to come right out and say it: I'm officially in love with Warner. I always did love his character in Shatter Me. For a villain, I thought he was so interesting and compelling, but reading Destroy Me from his point of view just was a total game changer. Everything I originally thought about Warner was completely wrong. I thought he was power hungry, but he really isn't. He's always had power and is used to it, but is resentful of it because it's artificial. No one around him ...more
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Knowing that every word in the book came from Warner, I didn’t do anything except savor every single one of them. <3 <3 <3 I just love everything about him, the way he talks, the way he acts...I even love his obsession with cleanliness. No wonder he looks so perfectly irresistible- he likes to take long baths!!! (oops, spoiler! hahaha).

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
4.5 stars.
When did Taheref Mafi go from being a debut author that intrigued and confused me to being on my very short list of authors whose works I buy without a second thought? I think Shatter Me is one of those books that kept changing and changing in my mind long after I finished reading it, becoming better every day, as it endured the test of time. I read a lot and I forget easily, it is a simple fact, but Tahereh Mafi never allowed herself to be forgotten. And she just sealed the deal with
Clau R.
Yes Warner, yes, I will marry you.

I really liked this novella, and I'm glad I read it after Ignite Me, because I was discovering these great things about Warner at the same time Juliette was <3. And I just knew it! I knew Warner had so much more inside of him and this just made me love him more if that's even possible.

"Love is a heartless bastard."

When I started reading this series, I originally wasn't planning on reading the novella's, but boy I'm so happy I did!
We finally got a better look into Warner's mind and his way of thinking and it made me love him even more than I already did! I feel like Warner and Juliette are just perfect for each other, they are so alike and even went through some of the same shit during their childhood...
It was really interesting to read how Warner fell
Stephanie (Bookfever.♥)
Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner! Warner!

Destroy Me was beyond amazing! Nothing but Warner, Warner, Warner and his feelings. Sometimes I had trouble breathing because of this awesomeness. I had to keep reading and reading and reading until I had read it all. I kind of wanted to start all over.
Warner as always was brilliant but oh so dark in his thoughts.

“Friendship is not a thing I have ever experienced. Not as a child, and not as I am now.”

Aww poor baby,
Can we just? Love love love this!
Highly recommend, especially if you want a look inside Warner's head.
There are no words to explain what I feel about Warner.

But I'll do the best I can. In his own words, at least.

"My mind is a warehouse of carefully organized human emotions."

"It takes an intense amount of concentration to keep my fingers from shaking as I wipe the slight sheen of perspiration off my forehead, but I will not allow myself a moment of weakness."

"I have sentenced myself to a life of solitude, one wherein I have no peers, and no mind but my own to live in. I looked to build

Some of you may remember that I was just sort of iffy about Shatter Me. The writing was a little too much, and I didn't connect much with Juliet or Adam. But I loved Warner - he was my favorite character - so I was hoping that this novella would be interesting.

Little did I know that it would totally blow my mind.

My brain. It can't....I just...OMG.

I'm reading along, semi-interested at the beginning, thinking how awesome it is to be reading a Tahereh Mafi book with no slashes through wo
Dec 15, 2012 Nobonita rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!! XD Read this and you'll immediately switch over to team Warner! ;D
Recommended to Nobonita by: myself,'cus I absolutely love Warner! <3
Pre-read Review

from summary:
".......from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate,Warner."

Obviously HarperCollins is unaware of the existence of readers like me who love Warner even though he's a villain and practically made Juliette's life hell. :P

(Ooh ooh by the way guys wanna see the fictional guys I'm rooting for *including Warner*?Check out the right sidebar of my blog Daydreaming Bookworm)
Post-read review
This review is also posted at my blog Daydreaming Bookworm

Okay,so I won
Rimsha Salam
Check out my blogs for more reviews and book stuff: http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot...

After Reading:
OOOOOMG epic! epic! epic!

Before Reading:
only these can tell my fellings for now;

okay. I have ZERO WORDS FOR HOW IN LOVE WITH WARNER I AM. I knew I loved Warner since we first met him in Shatter Me, but Destroy Me gives us a whole new perspective of Warner that we never thought possible. Destroy Me really shows how much Warner loves Juliette and that his fascination of her was not to make her a weapon like we thought in Shatter Me. I'm just left with so many feelings of Warner and-
I just want to grab Warner and hug him.

And then maybe stuff him in a suitcase and kidnap him.
Actual rating 4.5 stars. It would've been 5-stars if it weren't for Warner's wet dream. Okay, maybe it wasn't a wet dream but still! Yikes!

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh, this novella is doing things to me.

Heyyyyy, Warner...

I will not talk about Warner.

I will not talk about Warner.

I will not-

Damn, Warner.

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?! I usually like nice guys but I'm sorry Adam, I think Warner totally kicked your butt with the birth of this novella.

I don't knooooooooooow!!! I feel like I want to run to Warner, to comf
While reading this novella, I came up with some songs that really matched Warner's situation...

Warner, Warner, Warner...

It was refreshing to read what happened to him after Juliette's escape. I was always aware of the fact that he is an incredibly strong person, but I never thought that he was so close to the edge of insanity.
“Torture is not torture when there’s any hope of relief.”

His life was filled with pain and pressure and hatred, no wonder he became the monster everybody is afraid o
Annie Brewer
Well hell, been stewing over this since I finished. I am just in love with Mafi's writing. She managed to "wow" me again with her poetic, addictive writing. I'm just so torn. So torn.
This was an awesome insight into Warner's sick mind. While he became more obsessed with Juliette, I started to...*cringes* like him. *breathes out* Crazy. It's crazy, I tell ya. I did not want to like him but dammit if I didn't find myself getting all sappy. He was tortured. His dad is such a controlling piece of s
I can kind of see why people love Warner, I just simply don't dislike him anymore!
Still not in love with him, but hoping I will be in the next two books ;-)

* This novella was definately worth reading*
Warner's POV? HECK YEAH.

And I love these new covers. So beautiful.

*Update after reading*

So, I'm at a bit of a loss at what to say here. I was very, very excited for this novella to come out. I wondered how Mafi would write Warner's point of view, and I have to say, I'm kind of happy it wasn't stuffed full of the metaphors we get from Juliette. There were also no strike-throughs. Warner has a very clear, precise way of telling the story.

I wondered if reading this would change my opinion of War
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Iron's Prophecy (The Iron Fey, #4.5)
  • Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
  • Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)
  • Abandon (Possession, #3)
  • Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Isolation (Partials Sequence, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Santa Monica, California, where she drinks too much caffeine and finds the weather to be just a little too perfect for her taste.
When unable to find a book, she can be found reading candy wrappers, coupons, and old receipts.
More about Tahereh Mafi...

Shatter Me (3 books)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)

“And I've fallen.

So hard.

I've hit the ground. Gone right through it. Never in my life have I felt this. Nothing like this. I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen.

And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible, paralyzing feeling. I feel crippled. Desperate and out of control. And it keeps getting worse. Every day I feel sick. Empty and somehow aching.

Love is a heartless bastard.”
“People seldom realize that they tell lies with their lips and truths with their eyes all the time.” 422 likes