Start by marking “For Love and Honor” as Want to Read:
For Love and Honor

For Love and Honor

Three military heroes . . . fighting to protect their countries, their homes, and the women they love.

In New York Times bestselling author Cathy Maxwell's The Bookish Miss Nelson, it's the duty of daring Army Captain William Duroy to escort Miss Pippa Nelson through enemy territory, bringing her safely home to England. But can he resist falling in love?

In Lynne Hinton's Le
Published May 29th 2012 by Avon Books (first published May 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about For Love and Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Love and Honor

Amy
May 17, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FOR LOVE AND HONOR, an anthology featuring works by Cathy Maxwell, Lynne Hinton, and Candis Terry is a touching tribute to all those who have ever worn a uniform or ever will. It's a thank you that will touch your heart and have you wishing to extend your thanks to every man or woman in uniform. I read all three stories plus the excerpts for these three authors' other works in one evening.

Reading THE BOOKISH MISS NELSON by Cathy Maxwell was like reading a teaser, a teaser that left me wanting mo
Dottie
Jun 01, 2012 Dottie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three entertaining and timely tales! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

The Bookish Miss Nelson by Cathy Maxwell

Miss Pippa Nelson is used to traveling with her father, a general, and acting as his hostess whenever she is needed. However, her father has left her at Wellington’s headquarters while he goes off on a mission, without leaving her any instructions on how she is to proceed.
With danger approaching, her father sends Captain William Duroy, as a means of punishment, to escort her t
Pam
May 21, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a collection of three stories about military men and those that love them. Cathy Maxwell writes about an English captain fighting in Regency England and the woman that captures his heart while transporting her back to England. Lynne Hinton's story takes place in Pie Town, the small town that is featured in her Pie Town series. A hometown boy is in a hospital in Germany recovering from injuries and the town that supports him. And Candis Terry’s story about a solder coming home for go ...more
Lisa Filipe

All of these novellas are about the "Real" heroes who fight everyday, and give their lives to keep us safe. I say that is enough to want to grab this one up, well, the handsome officers in the stories help a little!!

I
Lisarenee
This is an anthology containing three different short stories (novellas) about men in arms. Perfect timing with its release being right around Memorial Day. I'll break it down into three parts then give an overall rating to the anthology.

THE BOOKISH MISS NELSON by Cathy Maxwell
Historical Fiction - 1812

"You are hot-headed, Duroy. An officer under my command controls his temper. I want level heads around me. So, I'm going to have you cool your heels by undertaking a special mission." Medford place
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by Edelweiss for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was an anthology that was a salute to the military. The three authors each wrote a story that had someone who was in the military or had served in the military at its core.

The stories were very different and my favorite was Home Sweet Home by Candis Terry. Least favorite was Letters From Pie Town by Lynne Hinton.

Home Sweet Home seemed most realistic to me in its approach. I loved how the tow
Maura
Susan

Good story. William and his men are in trouble for fighting so as punishment they are assigned to escort Pippa to Lisbon so she can be returned to England. He is not happy since it's possible he will miss the coming battle. Pippa is not happy sinc
Book rating (average of three stories)= 3 stars

The Bookish Miss Nelson by Cathy Maxwell
3 stars
I bought this anthology for Cathy Maxwell alone and while I enjoyed the short story, I think it would've been even better as a full length novel.

Letters From Pie Town by Lynne Hinton
Not generally a fan of epistolary style stories and this one didn't let you close to the characters.

Home Sweet Home by Candis Terry
Very good story...I loved the surprise aspect of the story.
Sandy
May 15, 2012 Sandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only redeeming part of this book is the novella by Candis Terry. The first two stories were flat and boring, but I really enjoyed the story by Terry. I am looking forward to reading more by this author. Glad I picked up some of her books recently!
Carrie Felton
I like the message but the stories were not all up to par
The first story is AWESOME! Five Stars!
The second story isn't even a story. no stars. i couldn't even read it.
The third story was good but really fast and a little bit silly. four stars.
JoAnne
Jun 30, 2012 JoAnne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For my review on Romancing-the-Book.com click on the link below:

Mary
You can read my take here.
Kathryn
Mar 17, 2016 Kathryn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
read just Cathy Maxwell
Danielle (Love at First Page)
The rating is for Candis Terry's short story "Home Sweet Home". Very happy we got Aiden and Paige's story!
Kait Nolan
Kait Nolan rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Ellen Anderson
Ellen Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2012
Kerrie Strong
Kerrie Strong rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Amy Martin
Amy Martin rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013
Dokoohyar Ahmadipour
Dokoohyar Ahmadipour rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2013
Corinne
Corinne rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2013
JAMES GREER
JAMES GREER rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2015
Camie
Camie rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
Maria Rios
Maria Rios rated it it was ok
Mar 19, 2015
Robbin
Robbin rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
CATHY MAXWELL spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the mystery of life and the secret to happiness.

She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
More about Cathy Maxwell...