Start by marking “The Darkness Within (Offspring, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
The Darkness Within (Offspring, #5.5)

The Darkness Within (Offspring #5.5)

Tucker has always known he was different. But he's learned to control the Darkness within him, to keep his inner wolf at bay, as long as he doesn't fall in love. And that shouldn't be a problem because he hasn't seen his one true love since he was a teenager.

Del needs help, desperately. And the only person she can rely on happens to be the one man she knows she shouldn't s
Published March 13th 2012 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about The Darkness Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkness Within

Mel
Now that all of the original Offspring have been paired off Jaime Rush takes the series in another direction. I liked the addition of the Las Vegas Offspring and look forward to learning more about them and Darkness. The excerpt from Lachlan's book, Darkness Becomes Her, has me itching for more. I give this novella 3.5 stars.
Jo
Originally reviewed for and posted at Vampire Book Club

This is a combined review of The Darkness Within (Offspring #5.5) & Turn to Darkness (Offspring #5.6), novellas in the Offspring series.

Rating (out of 5): a combined 4 stars

You could read The Darkness Within and Turn to Darkness as stand alones, as each have an individual plot and separate romantic storyline. However, there is an overlapping story arc making them feel more like two halves of one story and I felt I got much more depth
Katie Michaels
Mar 05, 2012 Katie Michaels rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tucker is man who carries Darkness within him --an otherworldly essence that allows him to shift into a wolf, but can also make him violent and territorial. He had a tough time growing up, though he knew nothing about what he was then. His only happy memories were of the few years he lived with Del and her mom. He and Del were just friends at first, but when her mother walked in on them kissing, it all fell apart.

You see Del's mom was once married to Tucker's father. She knew about the darkness
Ellen
It was difficult to discern what parts of the text was present and what was flash-back as the writing style fave it a sense of happening in the moment, which would have worked if it were set apart by formatting in some way but it wasn’t.
I had to struggle with myself not to judge Del as a teenager, because I may have made those decisions but that sense of immediacy made me start to judge her as the person she is now over the actions she took in the past.

Carrie/Nikkita: Del's mother went crazy whe
Shiran
I am completely addicted to Jaime Rush! She really is a phenomenal writer and story teller. The Darkness Within is an introduction to a whole new set of Offspring. Del's mom has been kidnapped and she has only one person she can turn too, Tucker, the boy her mom kicked out years ago.

I am still a die hard Alec addict but damn if Tucker isn't HOT! There is something so dark and mysterious about him and I really enjoyed reading his story. Del is an interesting character, I liked that she has a sen
AnnaBanana
Once again I am thoroughly enthralled! I am SO in love with this series!!! Her characters are always so interesting and there is always action. I really wish it had been longer but it was still so good just the way it is. Tucker is now one of my favorite characters from books. Such a sweetie, but still Mr. macho, able to take care of himself. And the way he loved Del, so heartbreaking. I just wanted to slap Del’s mom for ever taking that love away from them. They never did anything wrong but she ...more
Darcy
I wish that I had read this one before Darkness Becomes Her as it explains Darkness and Becoming, along with where it comes from. I am intrigued by these brand new characters and wonder how it will impact the overall series and if these two groups will mix.
Michelle the Romance Witch
not a bad little novella. The storyline was interesting in comparison to the other stories in the series but honestly it was hard to connect too much since non of the characters were familiar. Looking forward to the next full length novel though!
Serena
Jun 20, 2012 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this 3.5 stars I really enjoyed this short short I am now ready and excited to start the next full book. I find the direction this whole series has take interesting.
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
May 17, 2013
DeeDee
DeeDee rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Cherie
Cherie rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2014
Pat Farrar
Pat Farrar rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Kelli Vormittag
Kelli Vormittag rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2015
Lindsay Chamberlin
Lindsay Chamberlin rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2012
Kristina
Kristina rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Kimngan Tran
Kimngan Tran rated it it was ok
Nov 17, 2015
Emily Gibbons
Emily Gibbons rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2013
Sabra
Sabra rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2014
Rene Lewis Mahood
Rene Lewis Mahood rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2013
Michelle Huez
Michelle Huez rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2012
pamela  hudson
pamela hudson rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2014
Sherri Donovan
Sherri Donovan rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Canan
Canan rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Iloria (And the Beast, #3)
  • Howl of the Wolf (Hades' Carnival, #4)
  • Horn of the Unicorn
  • Dire Warning (Eternal Wolf Clan, #0.5)
  • Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe, #1)
  • Bear With Me (Halle Shifters, #2.5)
  • One for the Wicked (Dark Mission, #5)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • A Dream of Stone & Shadow (Dirk & Steele, #4)
  • Soul Weaver
  • Midnight (Dark Age Dawning, #2)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Chosen (Dark Breed, #3)
  • Night Thief (Night, #0.5)

Hi! I'm Jaime Rush, also known as Tina Wainscott, author of 24 books and 3 novellas, mostly paranormal romantic suspense. My first book was ON THE WAY TO HEAVEN (April 1995) and my new PNR series, called The Hidden, debuted with connected e-novellas, DRAGON MINE and DRAGON RISING.

Miami, a city of decadence, sunshine, and Dragons, Angels, and Sorcerers. As humans who hold the essence of ancient go
More about Jaime Rush...

Offspring (7 books)
  • A Perfect Darkness (Offspring, #1)
  • Out of the Darkness (Offspring, #2)
  • Touching Darkness (Offspring, #3)
  • Burning Darkness (Offspring, #4)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Offspring, #5)
  • Darkness Becomes Her (Offspring, #6)
  • The End of Darkness (Offspring, #7)