Start by marking “Courage: Overcoming Fear and Igniting Self-Confidence” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Courage: Overcoming Fe...

Debbie Ford

Courage: Overcoming Fear and Igniting Self-Confidence

From Debbie Ford, the author whose inspiring words have helped millions of readers, Courage has the power to change your life. A tried-and-tested, process-driven approach to conquering our fears, accepting our flaws, and tapping into our potential, Courage will help readers discover the confidence they need to accomplish anything.

In this personal and powerful guide to self
Published April 24th 2012 by HarperOne (first published 1392)

To ask other readers questions about Courage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courage

Deb
Nov 07, 2012 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Gooey but useful**

So, this book may not be for everyone. Some may be put off by the overriding premise of tapping into the unlimited power of the Courageous Love Warrior’s Divine Confidence. Others may feel the author’s approach may just be a “spiritual bypass” to deeper psychological healing. Still, others may feel it’s just a bit too out-there and new age-y to be grounded in “real-life.” And, if you’re one of them, this book may be a little too much to handle.

But, if you can be open to open
Becca
May 02, 2012 Becca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
So I read this in 4 hours while trapped in a Barnes and Noble waiting for my spark plugs to be replaced...little did I know when I sat down that the spark plugs of my MIND were about to be replaced! Okay not really but this kind of reignited my love of self-help. If you like Geneen Roth and Marianne Williamson you'll like this book. Like the best self-help, it reaffirms a lot of common sense stuff you already know while gently nudging you to actually take the steps that lead you where you want t ...more
Cynthia Harrison
I can see I'm reading a few too many books right now, but I had to buy this because the title spoke to me. Also I was curious about Ford's own issues, which she promised to discuss. She does. You look at someone like Debbie Ford and think "she has it all" but every single person, famous self-help guru or suburban scribbler, has crap that keeps them from being okay with who they are and what they want and how to get it without hurting anyone else...I'm about half finished. The journal exercises a ...more
Dona
Apr 20, 2013 Dona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had the pleasure of hearing Debbie speak at Celebrate Your Life. I found her to be a dynamic speaker who fully engaged her audience. After seeing her on Super Soul Sunday, I wanted to read this, her last, book.
I found it to honest and sincere, with many helpful exercises for growth.
I was hoping for more information about her struggle with her illness, but overall enjoyed her message for self growth. Books, like this, tend to be a bit repetitive. This one is no exception, but I feel the exerci
Jennifer Dawn
Aug 27, 2012 Jennifer Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't read this book unless you are ready to make some changes in your life. I was so inspired that I am now reading it again. She has so many wonderful passages that made me just sit and think. I had to take it one chapter at a time because her message is so amazing and powerful. This is a book I know I will read again. Anytime I start to doubt myself and what I can do with my life, this is the book I will grab!
Vishnu
Aug 24, 2014 Vishnu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is inspiring and filled with positive, hopeful stories. I think the core message is powerful, and is stated throughout the book: we must make peace with and love our past in order to be fully confident in ourselves in the present.

The book probably could have been significantly shorter, although it still is pretty short. It is pretty redundant, and harps on the message that basically everything that happens in our lives is a divine gift. I don't exactly identify with that message, but
Charlotte Kaaber
Feb 10, 2013 Charlotte Kaaber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It touched me in a different way than her other books. It goes deep and it feels very honest, like she has been writting this book from a deeper place than before.
Marty Voves
Jan 16, 2016 Marty Voves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read, even for men

One thing In did not know when I picked up this book is that the entire book is targeted towards improving self confidence in women. While some things aren't likely applicable to men (such as buying lace underwear) many of the principles still apply. Overall, this book has made me feel excited in my potential and more confident in myself.
Cathy
Sep 10, 2015 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good advice for those stuck in the past and most of us are without even realizing it. This book is gender specific designed for empowering women. It is somewhat repetitious and the terminology at times will appear ridiculous, however it emphasizes the importance of fully and freely loving yourself, and gives examples of consequences for not doing so.
Arezoo
Jul 25, 2014 Arezoo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
بعد از مدتها یه کتاب خودشناسی دست گرفتم و واقعاً خوب بود. نمیدونم این کتابها بهتر شدن یا من الان بهش احتیاج داشتم اما کتاب عالیایه با تمرینهای عملی که میشه رو هر کدومش یک خفته وقت گذاشت و یه دوره واقعاً موثر رو تجربه کرد. به نظر میرسه که کتاب برای زنان تنظیم شده هر چند دلیلی نداره که آقایون باهاش ارتباط برقرار نکنم. به نظر من اگه احساس میکنید ترس و نگرانی باعث شده تو زندگی پیشروی نکنید آب دستتونه زمین بذارین و این کتابو بخونین. ...more
Jess
Sep 14, 2014 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Agree with reviewer who wrote 'gooey but useful.' Still have to work through the exercises. Think it is most useful for people who can share the lessons with others...
Mary Boucher
I'd give it at least 3.5. I liked reading her story.
Catherine Datuin
great book with no nonsense approach very inspiring.
Bernadette Romero
Being Powerful

A great book of guidance for anyone wanting to find their power and realize that only they hold the ability to change their life
Jennifer Plys
Debbie Ford is one of the most amazing authors in this world. I felt this book was speaking to me. I was able to see where I had done wrong in my life, and where I was good. it was one of those books that made you want to change your life after reading. made you want to go grab a slice of life and never let go.
Becky
Dec 15, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book provided a really valuable gem for me, that you don't find the courage to do what you need to do, necessarily, but you are first intensely honest with yourself about all elements of the thing, and from that honesty, courage will follow.
Lizzie Sloan
Sep 02, 2012 Lizzie Sloan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've read in a long time covering the topic of shame, vulnerability and the need to embrace what we call our flaws and imperfections.Will definitely have to buy a copy of this book to have on hand, it's fantastic.
Laurie
Nov 01, 2012 Laurie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually like Debbie Ford and was disappointed. I thought the information was trite and obvious and it did not hold my interest. I read 3/4 of the book but was not able to finish it.
Lorraine Marshall
A absolute must read for ANYONE who just wants to embrace all the beauty in their life! Courage is the ticket. Debbie Ford is a living inspiration to all.
Regina
Jun 29, 2012 Regina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I love it that Debbie writes like she talks. I can hear her voice in my head. It is comforting as well as lovingly honest and direct.
Debbie Welsh
Sep 17, 2012 Debbie Welsh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book at the end of July 2012. This was an excellent book! Thanks Debbie Ford for your wisdom and inspiration.
ConnieK
Aug 31, 2012 ConnieK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
Another powerful message and tool from Ford for living life full-out and courageously.
María León
Aug 04, 2013 María León rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Desde que llegó a mis ojos se quedó impregnado en cada acción que llevo a cabo.
Barbara
Jul 26, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the better books I've read lately; lots of good ideas,
Celeste
Jul 24, 2012 Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
thought provoking as usual...
Hyrug
Hyrug added it
Sep 28, 2016
vinay reddy
vinay reddy marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Tique
Tique marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Mia
Mia added it
Sep 26, 2016
Matthew Felten
Matthew Felten is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2016
  • The Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Hidden Power of Your True Self
  • A Mythic Life: Learning to Live our Greater Story
  • Quantum Wellness: A Transformative Guide to Health, Happiness and a Better World
  • Produced by Faith: Enjoy Real Success without Losing Your True Self
  • Working on Yourself Doesn't Work: The 3 Simple Ideas That Can Instantaneously Transform Your Life
  • Spiritual Partnership: The Journey to Authentic Power
  • Invisible Acts of Power: Channeling Grace in Your Everyday Life
  • Sufism: The Transformation of the Heart
  • Stay With Me
  • Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much: A 4-Step, 8-Week Plan to Finally Lose the Weight, Manage Emotional Eating, and Find Your Fabulous Self
  • Silent Dances (Starbridge, #2)
  • You Can Create An Exceptional Life
  • Marriage Rules: A Manual for the Married and the Coupled Up
  • The Survival of the Soul
  • Home with God: In a Life That Never Ends
  • 8 Habits of Love: Open Your Heart, Open Your Mind
  • The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
Debbie Ford was an American author of self-help books. Her first book, "The Dark Side Of The Light Chasers", spawned eight more books in the genre and dealt with confronting one's "dark side" rather than ignoring it. Ford also hosted television and radio shows related to her books.

She passed away due to complications from cancer in 2013.
More about Debbie Ford...