Start by marking “Triangle at Rhodes: A Short Story (Hercule Poirot)” as Want to Read:
Triangle at Rhodes: A Short Story (Hercule Poirot)

Triangle at Rhodes: A Short Story (Hercule Poirot)

October on the island of Rhodes is a veritable paradise of privacy, beauty, and calm—or so Hercule Poirot has imagined. The reality is quite different, as the arrival of famed Chanel beauty Valentine Chantry causes a ripple of malice to be felt across the island. She captivates at least one married man with her wiles and good looks, as her brooding husband watches on. Poir ...more
Published September 27th 2011 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1936)

To ask other readers questions about Triangle at Rhodes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triangle at Rhodes

Ahmad Sharabiani
Dead Man's Mirror and Triangle at Rhodes, Agatha Christie
عنوان: مثلث رودس - آئینه مرد مقتول؛ نویسنده: آگاتا کریستی؛ مترجم: فرید جواهر کلام؛ تهران، نشر پائیز، 1373؛ در 120 ص؛ عنوان دیگر: آئینه مرد مقتول؛ موضوع: داستانهای پلیسی و کارآگاهی از آگاتا کریستی - قرن 20 م
Susan
Apr 06, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was first published in The Strand in 1936 and, in book form, included in, “Murder in the Mews,” in 1937. The themes in this story later became reworked as the novel, “Evil Under the Sun,” in 1940. However, this short story is certainly worth reading in its own right.
Poirot is on holiday in Rhodes, hoping for a relaxing time away from crime. There are only a few residents, including two new couples. The first is the five time married mode, Valentine Chantry, with her latest husband – N
Bekah
We believe what we are lead to believe. So true. Christie really does understand the human race, doesn't she? Their twisted ideas, their ignorance and naivety. What a very clever, twisted crime. If not for Poirot, they would have gotten away. No one is too clever for our little Belgian.
Margaryta
Why is it that whenever I make a prediction in the beginning I always turn out wrong? I dunno, it's just always been a pattern with the Agatha Christie Poirot novels and TV Series yet I don't mind, as long a my 'grey mass' is working inside of my head (I think Poirot is really starting to get to me, in a good way)

Hum, the way this story was set I was carefully running back and forth between the characetrs trying to understand who was honest and who wasn't, and I was wrong on my whole theory.

The
Gloria
May 18, 2016 Gloria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone; detective; mystery stories; who done it?
Poirot goes to an island off of the Italian coast, hoping to stay away from murder. He sees a love triangle play out before him and warns a party to leave the island. They do not and then a member of the triangle is murdered. Poirot explains everything to another vacationer who says he could have done something.

Who done it? (view spoiler)
Andrea
Nov 22, 2013 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-stars
Triangle at Rhodes (Urlaub in Rhodos) [Mai]

23 Seiten

Poirot's hopes for a holiday from crime prove over-optimistic.

Poirot möchte Urlaub auf Rhodos machen und rutscht direkt wieder in einen Mord. Auf 23 Seiten kann ja nicht all zu viel passieren. Der Todesfall ist das Ende des einen Kapitels, die Lösung beginnt sofort im 1. Satz des nächsten Kapitels... Okay eine Kurzgeschichte aber absolut nicht Christie-Like...

Bekommt von mir leider nur 2/5 Lesezeichen.
Caroline
Short story previously published in Murder In The Mews.

Clever story. Some similarities to Evil Under the Sun but a completely different ending.
Vicki G
Jan 05, 2016 Vicki G rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
About the only one of hers I've thought was really bad. I never did understand how he knew beforehand. Usually she tells you how. This time it didn't make sense what she DID say.
Lloyd Hughes
Jan 23, 2016 Lloyd Hughes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, quick, sleight-of-hand mystery. Exotic locale, unfortunately, it was not sufficiently incorporated into the story. Still Hercule is Hercule and the Dame is the Dame, 4 stars.
Eleni
Jun 20, 2012 Eleni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poirot shows that he understands affairs of the heart... he is not swayed by misdirection or red herrings; as an astute observer, he sees the triangle at Rhodes....
Sasa
Sasa rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Saranyan R
Saranyan R rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
ElizaWard
ElizaWard rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Tonia
Tonia rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2011
Toopertrooper
Toopertrooper rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Sharon Gootee
Sharon Gootee rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2014
Sue Mason
Sue Mason rated it it was ok
May 27, 2013
Wayne  Harvey
Wayne Harvey rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Sarah Faulkner
Sarah Faulkner rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Vaishnavi
Vaishnavi rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Jorge
Jorge rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015
Ana Laura García
Ana Laura García rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2012
Maggie
Maggie rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Becca
Becca rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2013
Diana
Mar 04, 2016 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The triangle at Rhodes
The incredible theft
Murder in the mews
Dead man's mirror
Carlotta
Carlotta rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
  • More Good Old Stuff
  • Victorian Tales of Mystery and Detection: An Oxford Anthology
  • Έγκλημα στο Κολωνάκι
  • Oh Baby!
  • The Oxford Book of English Detective Stories
  • A Restless Evil (Mitchell and Markby, #14)
  • The Dead Witness: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Detective Stories
  • La Comtesse de Cagliostro (Arsène Lupin, #12)
  • Six Mary Westmacott Novels (Giants' Bread / Absent in the Spring / Unfinished Portrait / The Rose and the Yew Tree / A Daughter's a Daughter / The Burden)
  • A Dark Redemption (Carrigan and Miller, #1)
  • Dancing Bear
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Stephens & Mephisto Mystery, #2)
  • Another Jekyll, Another Hyde (Another, #3)
  • Urchin and the Raven War (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #4)
  • The Saint in London
  • The Mystery of the Haunted Cottage (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #10)
  • The Goodbye Look
  • This Girl Isn't Shy, She's Spectacular

More about Agatha Christie...