Start by marking “Scorpions for Breakfast: My Battle with Washington to Secure Our Country's Border” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Scorpions for Breakfas...

Jan Brewer

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Sometime after dark on March 27, 2010, Arizona rancher Robert Krentz was found dead next to his four-wheeler on the grounds of his ranch on the Arizona-Mexico border. Krentz and his dog, Blue, had been missing since that morning. They were last heard from when he radioed his brother to say that he’d found an illegal alien on the property and was going to offer him assistan ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Broadside e-books

To ask other readers questions about Scorpions for Breakfast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorpions for Breakfast

Jesse Schexnayder
Jan Brewer's distinctly American/Arizonian refutation of the progressive bullcrap oozing out of DC. Well written and concise. Have you read this book, or better yet, have you read the bill??
Eileen
Just started this - the picture in the news intriqued me as to what she said that he did not like. On page 15 and I can already see why.
Craig
A brief biographical sketch of a remarkable woman determined to do the right thing(s) although they are hard to do. Brewer recounts her early life growing up in a single parent home (her father died shen she was young from poisons/toxins he had inhaled while working in a Nevada defense plant during WWII). Her mother worked long hours to support her children and instilled in Jan the ethic to work hard and do what is right. Brewer later married, then decided to enter politics. She worked in the st ...more
Andrew Chappell
I enjoyed reading this book. It made me better understand the debate on immigration and the background behind SB1070. One thing I thought was odd was that she did not cite sources for any of her statistics.
E. Kahn
Subtitled "My Fight Against Special Interests, Liberal Media, and Cynical Politicos to Secure America's Border," or "My Fight" for short.

That joke works better in German.
Diane

This was a quick read because I like Jan Brewer's style of writing. She has a bit of a "don't mess with Texas" type attitude. I admire her for standing up for her beliefs and listening to the people of her state of Arizona. It's unfortunate that nearly everything has to be political. You can't do something just to do your best or because it's right. You must have a motive. And how difficult it must be to find yourself in the spotlight of brutally mean insults; people out to ruin you and your re
Reese Copeland
I really enjoyed this book. You get a real sense of how much Governor Brewer tried to make this a good bill, while assuring others that it was both necessary, and fair. Well documented the failures of the Obama Administration, as well as the pathetic arguments of the Left and their constant playing of the race card, and are the first ones to make the comparison to Hitler for anyone that doesn't agree with them. Good read.
Ron Zachgo
Jan Brewer tells of the problems Arizona is facing with “illegal immigration” and the lack of border security. Whatever your political views are she makes a good argument for addressing this problem. It has been ignored for too long and I cannot imagine finding signs posted by the federal government telling me to stay away from certain areas of my state.
Suep
I'm amazed at the lack of follow through by our elected officials AND how once they go to the White House they don't return calls, letters, emails! Illegal is illegal. There's a bill in CO now wanting to allow drivers licenses to illegal immigrants to MAKE MONEY and to increase drivers with insurance. Whatever!
Krista
Incredibly eye-opening. I can't imagine why people are willing to put human life and safety at risk to score political points. We have to solve our illegal immigration problem now, both for current US citizens and for future US citizens.
Rebecca
Really an interesting read. All fellow Arizonians should read this one. Now I am mad though! How can the federal governement not think there is a border problem that needs to be fixed??
Paul
Although I don't like her, her politics, or her friends, the bottom line is: After the Feds deny you the help that you and your predecessor have been asking for, what do you do?
Rosemary Yakubowski
Wonderfully written book!!! If you every had any questions about the Senate Bill 1070, this book will answer them for you!! I highly recommend this book!!!!
Margaret
It's too bad that neither Obama nor Romney bothered to read Arizona's Law 1070 or they would not be critical of a good law that is not racist.
Marcy
GO Jan Brewer!! If more politicions were like you America would be in a much better place!!
Shannon Burrows
People need to read this book and not the mainstream news articles/opinions!
Rick
Karen
Made me want to friend of Governor!
Sue Willson
Sue Willson marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Erin K.
Erin K. marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Jeremy Maddux
Jeremy Maddux marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Ronald Cline
Ronald Cline marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015