Start by marking “Mission: Cook!: My Life, My Recipes, and Making the Impossible Easy” as Want to Read:
Mission: Cook!: My Life, My Recipes, and Making the Impossible Easy

Mission: Cook!: My Life, My Recipes, and Making the Impossible Easy

The star of Food Network's Dinner: Impossible, Chef Robert Irvine shares the adventurous story of his life, his thoughts on cooking, and his favorite recipes

There are few chefs on the planet who do what Irvine does, flying around the world at a moment's notice to cook for heads of state, royalty, and celebrities. Irvine reveals his fascinating past and unorthodox culinary
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mission

FabulousRaye
Oct 31, 2010 FabulousRaye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, 2010, library-book
I am a huge fan of Chef Robert Irvine. He's what I call a "real cook". This is a man that I would love to work for. I have a lot of respect for him. Mr. Bunny and I absolutely adore watching "Dinner: Impossible".

So, I was a bit surprised by all the low stars and lackluster reviews of this book. After reading it, I realize why. This book is geared more towards Chefs and professional cooks, like myself. It is not for the typical home cook. A lot of the techniques, and ingredients would go over the
Nancy
May 05, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
I read this more for the memoir portion of the book than the recipes which were, for the most part, out of my league or interest. The popular Food Network personality relates his background and personal touchstones from teenage merchant marine to television iconic chef. Along the way Irvine cooked for the British Royal Family, was hired by Donald Trump, and served as advisor to the White House culinary staff. Throughout the volume Irvine's passion for everything food related is evident.

In additi
Alissa
Jan 14, 2008 Alissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chef-ette-reads
My sweet sweet bf ryan bought me this a month or so ago. He was deathly sick but took his mother to see him at a book signing and got me a copy as well. inside reads "Alissa! keep on cooking with passion. All the best, Your friend Robert Irvine (signature) :) smiley face. Enjoy__ .."
Robert Irvine seems like a dude i would want to work for. He's a genuine dude and keeps it professional at all times. I could seriously learn a lot about life/cooking from him.
That said i have a rad boyfriend for buy
Mckinley
First of all, the man writes well which is lovely since this is his biography along with some recipes. I admit I got the book because 1. it was on sale and 2. I like cookbooks and 3. he has become a personal hero due to his show. At first I was taken aback by his manner but after watching 2 or 3 episodes, I was hooked.It was a marathon showing which was good since I was in a hotel watching cable which I don't have at home. The recipes while clear are a bit intimidating. There are a couple I migh ...more
Cynthia caprise
Dec 24, 2015 Cynthia caprise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It's very similar to a biography, and now I know a little bit more about Chef Irvine. John met him at the Birchwood one day, probably while I was home cleaning the house. He constantly reminds me of this and I'm quite jealous that I didn't get to meet Chef Irvine. I plan on making his Maryland Crab Cakes with Mango Salsa and Short Ribs Braised with Mushrooms, Pearl Onions and Bacon.
Cassandra
Jan 26, 2008 Cassandra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-books
Some good gems in there.... like the ribs wrapped in plastic wrap and baked!! Lots of seafood, if you like that. My only complaint is a lot of the recipes were to fancy pants for me, and I like the fancy stuff! But it was even too much for me.
Michelle Kirk
My husband and I met the author at a book signing last night. He is very personable and spent several minutes talking to us as well as each person in line (about 250 people). It's charming but a little choppy at times.
Kathleen
Feb 21, 2008 Kathleen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love this guy and his show. I think he should come and cook at OTR!! Will have to see if he can write as well as cook.

After reading - ok, no he can't write as well as he cooks.
Amy Banes-berceli
Amy Banes-berceli rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Fran Jolly
Fran Jolly rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Debra L Burgess
Debra L Burgess rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2014
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2010
Cliff Johnson
Cliff Johnson rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
Keith Lattie
Keith Lattie rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2015
Jean Parsons
Jean Parsons rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Meri
Meri rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2012
Cathie
Cathie rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2013
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2016
Bill Snyder
Bill Snyder rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2016
Gregory Gorsuch
Gregory Gorsuch rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Jacob Pollard
Jacob Pollard rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Levatz
Levatz rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2009
Adrian
Jul 30, 2010 Adrian rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dinner Impossible is a great, entertaining show...This book is neither.
Austin Martin
Austin Martin rated it did not like it
Apr 28, 2012
Christopher Craven
Christopher Craven rated it did not like it
Nov 12, 2011
For the author of the Moroni Traveler mysteries, see Robert Irvine
More about Robert Irvine...