Start by marking “Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note, #2)” as Want to Read:
Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note, #2)

Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note #2)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  14,535 ratings  ·  427 reviews
Light Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the auth ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 2nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Death Note, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Note, Vol. 2

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
good manga
18th out of 454 books — 172 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaKingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 by Shiro AmanoVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya
List of Awesome Manga/Graphic Novels!
23rd out of 339 books — 149 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola
This volume was full of surprises! L is definitely not as I expected…

Ryuuku and his apples, so so cute. And the main character agrees! ‘‘Thanks, Ryuuku. Unlike humans, you gods of death are rather cute.’’ Hahahahha!

I never thought Yagami could get like this, but I must admit that I’m very intrigued and can’t wait to know how long he’ll keep pulling everything off.

description
Mansi
Sep 19, 2014 Mansi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mansi by: Youtube
The obsession is real at this point. Found Naomi quite annoying though. Quite enjoying L if ya catch my drift. If you haven't started on this series yet then what are you waiting on.
Lucie
Tak to bylo něco! Nevím komu mám fandit víc.
Shinjini
The cliffhanger at the end of the first volume was too much for me. So, I had to jump into the next one as soon as was possible. Off to volume 2!

The story opens where the first volume left off. A failed bus-jacking leads to Raito getting to know the name of the FBI agent who was following him. That leads to him uncovering the identity of all the other agents posted in Japan. He puts this information to use and forwards it as a challenge for L.

There’s the addition of a woman in the game. She is t
Marija
I'm so addicted to this. It keeps getting more and more intense. Although I admire both boys for their intelligence I have to say that I'm team "L". He is weird, whereas Kira is more the antihero or something like that. I am eager to know what he will do next but I cannot approve his actions.
Ruth Govaerts
I want a shinigami as home pet!
Ferdy
Spoilers

Pretty good but not quite as engrossing as volume 1. It was more slower paced and there didn't seem to be a whole lot of development - Light was still killing people, L was still trying to catch him out, people were still wondering WTF was going on.

I didn't find Light as interesting either. I liked that he had an agenda and purpose in the first one — he wanted to only kill criminals (for the supposed sake of justice and creating a better world) but in this one he was too high on power a
Elifnaz
Bitmemeli bitemeeezz
Alican Bozkurt
L çok psiko davranıyor .s
Sesana
We really meet L. in volume two, and he's a very interesting character. Twitchy, brilliant, unnerving, commanding. Very much like Light himself. He makes a good foil for him. This volume also brings in the very cool Naomi. (view spoiler) The stakes are raised, and it seems like L. is closing in on Light. Pretty tense in places, it left me very eager to read the next volume.
Michael
After the nail-biting end to volume one I launched straight into two! The book just doesn't let up, it's always fast, edgy, smart and great writing that is seriously addictive, coupled with the excellent drawings I think I may be a serious convert to manga. It's such a refreshing difference sometimes from full-length, 'heavy' fantasy novels I'm so use to reading.
Eveymorgan
Reseña completa en el blog: http://capitulo-26.blogspot.com.es/20...

Magnífica continuación de la historia. Mientras L reúne al un grupo reducido de investigadores, Light continúa pensando como ir por delante de la policía. La partida sigue. Con ganas de leer el tercero.
Nermin
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster"

You're hearing this, Kira??
Allison Greene
Deathnote is a manga by Tsugumi Ohba. It is quite an interesting read and has a murder suspense feel to the storyline. A shinigami is a ‘god of death’ and have notebooks they use to write in the names of those about to die. Ryuk is a shinigami who is very bored and decides to drop his ‘Death Note’ down to earth to see what happens. An ace student, Light, who is popular and has a lot going for him, finds the notebook and soon figures out its power.

Light is the son of the chief of police, and sta
Katy
3.75 Stars

Most of this is more TELL than SHOW through dialogue -- still. I was happy to see a kickass, intelligent female character show up, who played a major part in the story, but then toward the end she commits suicide (supposedly). Personally, I think this is a red herring, and she's not really dead. She'll come back and create a major twist to the story. I'm going to have to read further into the series to find out! The intelligence and mental manuevering shown through our two archenemies
MischaS_
1) pořád chci vlastní DEATH NOTE! <3
2)Asi chci i vlastního smrtonoše
3) Jsem Team Kira, L je kapánek moc psycho a to že sedí jako opička mu body nepřidává

--> Kde mám další díl?
Yağmur Okur
Ya muhteşemdi. Birinciden daha çok sevdim ve bazı yerlerde aşırı gerildim. Keşke bütün seriyi alıpta okusaydım, şuan devamı için kafayı yiyorum.
Katherine
Sakra.
Nevím, kdo mě frascinuje víc.
Jestli vrah nebo detektiv. O.o
To se stává málokdy.
Amanda
Tariq Alferis

..لايت رائع ...مثل هذا الكتاب :)

الجيد في كتب الانمي تسلسل الاحداث ،ووجود صور وحوارات ...يعني لست بحاجة لتخيل شخصيات رواية ما او قصة ...واهني تكمن سهولة قرءاة النوع هذا من الكتب "المانغا" ..
تقرآ الاول ...الثاني ،،،ادور ع الثالث ، اووه نبي الرابع ..تلقي روحك ساعات من المتعة الغير متوقعة
Helen
This messed up shit is brilliant, smart, and strangely addicting. My newest obsession. Although, not a whole lot happened in this volume, hence the 4.5 rating instead of a solid five.
Steph
This book was better than the first one, maybe because I passed the point which I had watched up to in the anime. It became more exciting. I like L.
Gabriella ♡
Sussiste sempre il solito problema: non mi convince proprio, anche se è avvincente. È un po' troppo inverosimile che la polizia si sia subito fiondata sulla pista del sovraumano.
Ciò che ha reso però questo manga diverso dagli altri, secondo me, è il fatto che il lettore senta sentimenti contrastanti durante la lettura. Insomma, per chi bisogna tifare? Light sta diventando sempre più crudele e si crede un dio sceso in terra, ma è comunque il protagonista; Elle è a mio parere fuori di zucca, però
Latham
this is more like 3.8 or 3.9

'okay, a camera hunt...that sounds like fun !! '

Luna
Dec 17, 2014 Luna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Luna by: Steph
Shelves: 2014
This only took me a day to finish. It's really good.
Lesedelfin

Auch wenn ich was Mangas betrifft noch recht neu auf dem Gebiet bin, kann ich wohl sagen, dass mich der erste Death Note Band sowohl von Story als auch den Zeichnungen her absolut umgehauen hat! Es gibt viel Text und richtig autentische, detailausgearbeitete Zeichnungen bei denen man sogar Einzelheiten im Hintergrund erkennen kann ohne das die Seiten zu überfüllt wirken.
In Band zwei geht es erfreulicherweise genauso weiter und die Spannung wird nochmal richtig getopt!

Was als Zeitvertreib zur Lan
Manu/flatter
Über den Autor:

Ganze zehn Jahre ist es mittlerweile her, seit am 29. Dezember 2003 (Ausgabe 01/2004) im berühmten japanischen Manga-Magazin Shonen Jump das erste Kapitel von Death Note erschienen ist. Seitdem hat sich der Manga von Tsugumi Ohba und Takeshi Obata zu einem weltweiten Mega-Erfolg entwickelt.

Zum Inhalt:

Light hat den Namen, des FBI-Agenten, der ihn beschattet. Jetzt muß er aber clever sein und überlegen wie er weiter vorgehen soll. Denn, wenn nur dieser Agent stirbt wäre klar, dass L
Grace
The only thing I’ve had a small issue of is how smart Light is. If he’s that brilliant, manipulative, strategic, etc., surely he would’ve skipped a few grades and such? Wouldn’t he be more than just the top nationally ranked whatever? Be a prodigy somewhere? Gosh. He’s only seventeen. I think I was just plugging (most likely badly) away at school at seventeen, and that’s it.

Anyway, my general reaction to this is, “Wow, look how smart they all are! Look at all these plans! And explanations and de
Mikael Kuoppala
The peculiar tangle that "Death Note" seems to be forming into keeps on getting more complex in the second volume of the saga. It bothered me a bit in the first volume “Boredom” that our protagonist- a high school student who gains the ability to kill anyone by will just by knowing their names and faces- got so cold blooded so fast. At this point he's completely psychotic, but surprisingly tangible as a character. Maybe his absolute corruption by absolute power is something that we can on some l ...more
Samyak ahuja
First we have the Platonic "Gyges' Ring" scenario--in a discourse in Plato's Republic, the integrity of mortal justice is questions and sequentially deemed fundamentally flawed by sinful, finite capacity of man and their deeply ruooted sense of pride and self-righteousness. The lead character Light is the incarnation of this discourse, a once seemingly flawless character driven to obsession over the notion of becoming like a god. At first his intentions are decent--rapists, child molesters, seri ...more
i want to know what made you sad or mad or happy about deathnote 2 11 May 30, 2014 08:20PM
L Lawliet and Asperger Syndrome? 6 121 Nov 29, 2012 07:09PM
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 12 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #12)
  • Bleach Volume 04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach #4)
  • Claymore, Vol. 04: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
1978
Tsugumi Ohba (大場 つぐみ Ōba Tsugumi?, born in Tokyo, Japan) is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ohba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is speculation th
More about Tsugumi Ohba...

Death Note (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1)
  • Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3)
  • Death Note, Vol. 4: Love (Death Note, #4)
  • Death Note, Vol. 5: Whiteout (Death Note, #5)
  • Death Note, Vol. 6: Give-and-Take (Death Note, #6)
  • Death Note, Vol. 7: Zero (Death Note, #7)
  • Death Note, Vol. 8: Target (Death Note, #8)
  • Death Note, Vol. 9: Contact (Death Note, #9)
  • Death Note, Vol. 10: Deletion (Death Note, #10)
  • Death Note, Vol. 11: Kindred Spirit (Death Note, #11)
Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1) Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3) Death Note, Vol. 4: Love (Death Note, #4) Death Note, Vol. 5: Whiteout (Death Note, #5) Death Note, Vol. 8: Target (Death Note, #8)

“Kira: L, do you know
Gods of death
love apples?

L: Damn you, Kira...”
233 likes
“I'll take a potato chip...AND EAT IT!!

-For le famous anime/manga "Death Note”
10 likes