Start by marking “Beautiful Beast (Enchanted Fairytales, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Beast (Enchanted Fairytales, #1)

Beautiful Beast (Enchanted Fairytales #1)

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  1,013 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
Calli is cursed by her beauty.

Though she knows it's cruel, Calli agrees to accompany her friends to Monster House where it is rumored the beast howls at the moon each sunset. When she hears him for the first time, her heart is wrenched by the anguish she hears in the sound.

Facing trespassing charges for her folly, Calli is forced to move into Monster House where she is to
Published April 25th 2012

Beauty by Robin McKinleyLord of Scoundrels by Loretta ChaseBeastly by Alex FlinnWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa JamesLover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Beauty and the Beast
104th out of 415 books — 1,380 voters
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund HodgeBeauty by Robin McKinleyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasBeastly by Alex FlinnRose Daughter by Robin McKinley
Best retellings of Beauty and the Beast
59th out of 111 books — 477 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa Maxwell
May 05, 2012 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
A very good remake of Beauty and the Beast

I was surprised with the length of this novel.. it's pretty darn short but it captured my attention. I finished this within two hours, actually. I love how truthful the story is. I mean, truthful in a way that the "beast" doesn't really become handsome again in the end.. but still, the "beauty" accepted him as he was.

I know some would say that this one's pretty predictable... but that's the thing about fairy tales (or in this case, a remake of a fairy
Sherry Gammon
Aug 22, 2012 Sherry Gammon rated it it was amazing
I love these fairly tale inspired tales that Cindy is currently writing. This one is really good. I like how it is real life and not a fairy tale. Some times bad things happen to good people! Good story.
My Book Friend
Aug 22, 2012 My Book Friend rated it really liked it
Beautiful Beast was an easy, literally beautiful read to get through. It was like a breath of fresh air. Due to the fact that this is a short story, everything moved at a much faster pace than other novels do- and that means that all of that horrible drama that every book has was much shorter, and almost enjoyable. When I finished, I was happy with the ending, and I was able to move on with my life. If you are looking for something ground-breaking, this is not you book at the moment but if you w ...more
Sep 05, 2012 Aiden rated it it was amazing

Beautiful Beast was a really great read. Cindy C. Bennett is a talented writer who based her story on Beauty and the Beast, but in my opinion she made it her own. I really like the way the characters change from beginning to end. The characterization is really great in this story and the setting descriptions made it a delight to read. I found myself caring for the two main characters very quickly and found them to be very interesting and dynamic. I also like the constant conflict betwee
Sep 25, 2012 Valeria rated it did not like it
Shelves: i-own, boring

Booooooooooring !!!
It's official: nobody does broken souls finding redemption quite like Cindy Bennett.

You know why? Because she invokes love and hope, which is exactly what broken souls need, and let's be honest-- we're all broken at some point or another.

See, that's what I dislike about so many art-house films and lots of intellectual literature: that blatantly pessimistic view that life sucks and will always suck so just reconstruct your naive illusions of happiness and be satisfied with awful being the best
Liz Finney
Jan 31, 2013 Liz Finney rated it it was amazing
I love fairy tales & this is such an endearing retelling of Beauty & the Beast. So fun!
Dena (Batch of Books)
Jan 04, 2013 Dena (Batch of Books) rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
This review is also on my blog: Books for Kids
Generally I'm not that fond of self published titles, but I've read some of Cindy Bennett's traditionally published work before and so I figured this was a pretty safe bet. I really enjoyed the contemporary take on the classic tale of Beauty and the Beast. It was very short and I read it in one sitting.

There were some elements to the story that I didn't find believable, but chose to overlook them. There were some grammatical issues that drove me a bi
Bayan Basri
I still cant comprehend how such a short book can hold so much meaning.
The narrative was beautiful and humorous. Calli is such a simple character but is very wise and easy going and isnt vain or self centered because of her beauty, I really loved that about her. Alex is a beautiful person if one looked deep enough, which really isn't that deep. But people sadly care an awful lot about looks, and made him believe that he is a monster. Winston-Alex's father-may seem like a bad guy at first. But he
Jannat Bhat ( Obsessive Compulsive Reader)
Beautiful Beast is a short story that somehow manages not to feel like one. It has great character development and the storyline is also well set up and well developed. The characters felt real and I in particularly really liked Calli. She was strong and stubborn yet sweet, funny and humble. Alex is haunted by his past and his story is sad and turns out to be pretty heartwarming. The romance between these two was quite beautiful as was their friendship.
I would recommend this read to those of yo
Roanne Araneta
Feb 24, 2013 Roanne Araneta rated it did not like it
At first I didn’t understand what this monster thing all about is. Since the story is modern and normal.

Alexander is human. He had an accident hence the disfigurement.

I honestly thought there’s some sort of magic involved here. I was kinda expecting Calli to kiss Alex and make him handsome again. That sort.

Why all the dramatics? Really. Even I wasn’t gripped with sadness when I learned about Alex’s story. How come Calli seemed to want to cry for him? Every freaking time. At mundane reasons. Path
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥
This was a sweet short story, even if it did remind me of Beastly way too much. But I guess that is unavoidable when they are both adapted from the same story. In this Calli and her friends sneak up to the mansion of the local freak to get a peak at him, but she gets caught, and in exchange for not pressing charges, the owner of the house wants her to stay and become friends with his son. Turns out that Alex is just a regular 17 year-old guy who was badly scarred in a fire. So Calli lives with t ...more
Tiffany Loves Books
Let me be honest. In my childhood I was one of those girly girls completely in love with fairytales. Pocahontas, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, and yep you guessed it Beauty and the Beast were among my favorites. So you can already imagine my joy in being able to snuggle up to a modern interpretation of one of these fairytales.

So here's my take on Beautiful Beast: it is a short story that somehow manages not to feel like one. It has great character development and the storyline is also well s
Mar 23, 2013 Tamis rated it really liked it
Amo a Cindy!
A pesar de ser una historia Corta es realmente bella y me encanta, ademas creo que siempre que leo solo refuerza mi opinion de que lo que verdaderamente importa es el corazon no el fisico

El amor lo puede todo! lo se soy una romantica xD
Azahara Arenas (Living in Our Own Story Blog)

Título: Beautiful Beast (Enchanted Fairytales #1)
Autor: Cindy C. Bennett
Sinopsis: Calli está maldecida por su belleza.
A pesar de que sabe que es cruel, Calli se compromete a acompañar a sus amigos a la Casa del Monstruo donde se rumorea que la bestia ruge a la luna cada puesta de sol. Cuando ella lo oye por primera vez, su corazón se retuerce por la angustia que escucha en el sonido.

Traspasando los límites de propiedad por su locura, Calli es forzada a mudarse en la Casa del Monstruo donde se h
Apr 22, 2013 Mandy rated it it was amazing
I can not even begin to say how much I loved this book!
*Incredibly* clunky start - to the point where I wondered whether I actually wanted to read this. It starts with Calli complaining about how beautiful she is, claiming it is her curse, but there is *nothing* given that would start to explain why this is a curse. She just had to be beautiful and aware of it.

The clunkiness carries on for a while, but when Calli moves into the house on this hill things start to improve. The slow growth of the friendship between the two characters was nice to read a
3.5 stars.

This was such a nice novella! I was really impressed at how well developed it was. A lot of times novellas feel rushed, but this one had well thought out characters and it didn't feel rushed.

I thought it was a bit unrealistic to start, with the way that Winston gets Calli to come be Alex's friend. That's pretty much the only weak part of the book, though.

Calli and Alex's relationship is believable and very sweet. Alex in particular is a very well thought out character, and I thought t
Carla May
Jun 30, 2014 Carla May rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded up to 4.

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy-tale and I enjoy reading every retelling I can get. Some are wonderful. Others... not so much. Fortunately, "Beautiful Beast" is a version I am happy I took the time to read.

Bennett's story is a cross between Beastly by Alex Flinn and an adult paperback. No, no sex or anything inappropriate (the main characaters are teenagers), but it reminded me of a paperback in the sense that there is no magical happenings: just unfortunate,
Anna Marie
Oct 19, 2013 Anna Marie rated it it was ok
If you've read or watched 'Beastly', skip this. Because this is just a less stellar re-write.

I love 'Beauty and the Beast' stories, so when I saw this... at any rate, I really got angry at this book. Because it PISSES ME OFF so badly when only half of the disfigured dude's face is messed up. Because obviously, in literature, one can only be scarred/burned on half of one's face. It's the sign of a rotten, lousy writer, IMO, when I see that crap. Stupid, stoopid, StOopid...! And they always do tha
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books, favorite-books
A lovely re imagination for "Beauty and the Beast" , the book was so short yet it had so much emotions and beautiful people in it , I've read longer books that failed to deliver depth but this very short book was able to tell a beautiful story that had a lot of depth and real characters.

Calli is a sweet heart , she wasn't one of those unrealistic perfect heroines , she acted like a real person , she's not the beautiful girl who either loves herself too much or who doesn't think she's pretty w
Laura V.
Primero que nada, leyendo la sinopsis esperaba algo paranormal o cosas de ese estilo... Pero me sucedió algo extraño, él no es monstruo con todas las letras, es solo un joven atormentado por así decirlo.
Ella es bella, sí, pero pensé que habría más detrás de todo eso, digo me imaginé algo ...más con respecto a esa mención. O sea, ¿por qué lo menciona si el que sea bella no influye en nada el curso de la historia?

Es otro caso de sinopsis que no son tal como lo pintan.

De todas formas, me gustó. S
Stories & Verse
" He knew her kiss that night meant nothing to her, that for her it was nothing more than a friend kissing a friend. But to Alex, it had sent him reeling."

"Beautiful Beast" is an original retelling of "Beauty and the Beast", depicting an unlikely happily ever after. Though "Beauty and the Beast is not my favorite fairytale, it was the title that drew me into reading this version...

Throughout the story Calli and Alex share kisses and cuddles that foreshadow an unlikely happily ever after. They s
Feb 17, 2014 Tiana411 rated it liked it
Beauty and the beast is one of my favorite fairy tales. This is not a bad retelling but it wasn't the greatest. Maybe because it was a short novella it didn't seem to capture the story in depth. I've read another book by the author and know she's capable of so much more but this book felt like a book written by a new writer.
Right from the beginning I felt hesitation in continuing but since it was so short I had to finish. I don't like books where the author continues to TELL me how beautiful th
Selena Yukino (The Lioness: hear me roar)
Me and this story just didn't go well together. It didn't keep me interested in reading it even though I finished it. I didn't even want to finish it. :/
Jul 18, 2014 Janine rated it liked it
The nice thing about this book is it's short so you can finish it in one day. The sad thing about this book is it's short so you can finish it in one day.

So this was a recommendation from a friend. What got me interested was that their take on this was to make the beast a burn victim. It's a modern retelling and more of a novella that is about 80 pages. What bothered me was that because it was so short I couldn't really experience it as much as I wanted to.

But dang it I totally loved Alex by the
Nov 10, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This is a modern-day retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Alex was burned terribly when he was seven and has spent the last 11 years secluded in his father's mansion--believing he was responsible for his mother's and sister's deaths and that his dad hates him. His dad bribes Calli into living in their mansion for six months. She has to befriend Alex and be tutored by his tutor. At first she is scared, but she soon gets to know the "real" Alex and falls in love with him. It's a cute teenage romance ...more
Feb 23, 2015 Rocío rated it it was amazing
Son de esas historias que no debes dejar de leer.
Natalia Paez
Apr 10, 2016 Natalia Paez rated it liked it
My rating for this book is 3.9 stars.

Es un poco cursi, pero es una historia que enamora.
Es una historia que leía y veía cuando era pequeña, disfrutando de castillos, un hombre condenado a ser una bestia (muy mona) y una chica pobre que termina convirtiéndose en princesa y vivieron felices para siempre.
Eventualmente crecí y me enoje con estas historias porque me hicieron creer en cuentos para nada reales, pero Cindy toma esta historias llenas de fantasía y lo lleva a la realidad.

Alexander es un m
  • Rumplestiltskin (Faerie Tale Collection, #3)
  • The Eye of the Beholder (Fairytale Collection #1)
  • The Cold King
  • The Curse Girl
  • A McCree Christmas (Chasing McCree, #1.2)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Timeless Fairy Tales, #1)
  • A White So Red
  • Queen Alice (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #2)
  • The Name of the Game
  • Stone Prison (Twisted Tales, #1)
  • The Crimson Key (The Visitor's Series #2)
  • Cinderella (As If You Didn't Already Know the Story)
  • Beyond (Betwixt Novella #1.5)
  • Neverland (Adventures in Neverland #1)
  • A Werewolf's Tale (Forbidden Alliance, #1)
Cindy C Bennett was born and raised in beautiful Salt Lake City, growing up in the shadows of the majestic Rocky Mountains. She lives with two daughters, and three dogs. She also has two sons and two daughters-in-law. She volunteers her time working with teen girls between the ages of 12-18, all of whom she finds to be beautiful, fascinating creatures. When she’s not writing, reading or answering ...more
More about Cindy C. Bennett...

Enchanted Fairytales (5 books)
  • Red and the Wolf (Enchanted Fairytales, #2)
  • Snow White (Enchanted Fairytales, #3)
  • The Unmasking of Cinderella (Enchanted Fairytales, #4)
  • The White Swan (Enchanted Fairytales, #5)

“She slid her arms around his ribs, laying her cheek against his wounded back, splaying her fingers across his ribs. He stilled beneath her touch, and then ran his hands across her arms, threading his fingers through hers.
"Do you still think I'm beautiful?" he asked.
"Even more than I did before," she said.”
“I love you," she whispered.
"And I love you," he said, kissing her. "Calli, you saved me."
"If you hadn't come into my life, I'd have lived the rest of my miserable existence holed up in my room, raging at the moon every night. I haven't felt the need to do that for almost as long as I've known you. You tamed the beast. You saved me"
"And you saved me back," she said, kissing him again.”