Start by marking “Mentality Listens” as Want to Read:
Mentality Listens
read excerpt

Mentality Listens

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Imagine going into a bookstore, choosing a book, opening it up, and discovering that YOU are the main character! Truth-filled words will take you to a whole different level of poetry. Written by a former Marine and a current disabled veteran, Mentality Listens is truly one of a kind. You will never find a book like this one.
Published April 10th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Mentality Listens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mentality Listens

How To Say Goodbye by James ValvisThe Early Death of Men by Clint MargraveDirt Road Dreams by Susie ClevengerAngels Cried by Stephen L. WilsonThe Best of Every Day Poets Two by Oonah V. Joslin
Best of New 2012 Poetry Books
6th out of 98 books — 205 voters
The Complete Poems by Emily DickinsonLeaves of Grass by Walt WhitmanShakespeare's Sonnets by William ShakespeareThe Waste Land and Other Poems by T.S. EliotAriel by Sylvia Plath
Best Poetry Books
303rd out of 1,397 books — 1,551 voters

More lists with this book...

Anthea Carson
This was a very comforting book, especially for anyone who is in pain, be it emotional or physical. Anyone asking why things have happened to them, or wondering where God was when bad things happened to them. This book of poetry contains a profoundly spiritual element that almost made me think of a modern day Psalms. I would encourage anyone who is having difficulties, or knows anyone having them to recommend this book or give it as a gift. This should be added to the list of self-help books lik ...more
Katie Hughart
Poetry is art. Art is beauty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In this case beauty was born from pain and lifted to a higher place that makes me want cry with sorrow and sing for joy at the same time. I felt the authors pain, hope, resolve, strength, frustration, confusion, and so many other emotions that good poetry has a way of bringing out and I thoroughly enjoy this book. Well done! :)
Lharlemknite
You feel the pain the sorrow the fear the joy in every word. The Author definitely has a gift of writing and she walks you through the long arduous path taken by someone who is living a life of pain and then rescued. A must read for encouragement both spiritual and physical!!!
Johanna Denton
I was curious about this book. Ms. Perez made me feel her pain and shared her hope. And hope is a wonderful light in a sometimes dark world. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
Venus Perez
Apr 29, 2012 Venus Perez rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This book will leave you with thoughts you've never had before but will keep with you for the rest of your life.
Jorja
“This book is a compilation of poetry that I have written throughout the years as I was introduced to pain, was married to pain, divorced pain, and remarried a few years later…. It is not easy to live with pain, but it is possible. I hope, through these words, someone’s heart will be touched and turned towards the light…because in a world where art screams, Mentality Listens.”

Sharing her inmost heart, her pain-filled cries to a God she knows is there through the times she finds herself drawn bac
Laura LaRoche
I wanna go. Now that I got a taste of what it’s like! But, for some reason, there is something new… And it's Venus Angelica Perez. I saw how I was influenced as a child by the popular kids in school. Her words will touch you, until you understand - I cannot look away. Mentality Listens: In A World Where Art Screams... A beautiful collection of very endearing poems. The quotes I used to write my review come directly from this book. Ms. Perez is a very gifted poet, and I'm blessed to have read her ...more
Monique Rockliffe
Very interesting poetry with great emotion and depth. Some wonderful moments that made me think about life, death, and suffering from another perspective. The author is very honest with her reader and I admire her for her courage.
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Stephanie Comstock
Stephanie Comstock marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Priya Ammu
Priya Ammu marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Razma Mazhar
Razma Mazhar marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Yeye
Yeye marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Eliasa Collins
Eliasa Collins marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Sumaiya Naser
Sumaiya Naser marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Emily Katherine
Emily Katherine marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Natalia
Natalia marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Jacqlyn
Jacqlyn marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Cand Torrance
Cand Torrance marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Jennifer Renton
Jennifer Renton marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
Aimee Nicole
Aimee Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Kinsey Major
Kinsey Major marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2012
Crista
Crista marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2012
Phillip
Phillip marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
Nikita
Nikita added it
Aug 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Q&A with Venu...: Author's New Release! 9 6 May 15, 2012 07:19AM
Q&A with Venu...: Reviews for Mentality Listens... 3 4 May 10, 2012 08:20PM
Indie Book Club: Free e-Book!!! 6 21 May 10, 2012 03:54PM
Mentality Listens In A World Where Art Screams...