Start by marking “Mentality Listens” as Want to Read:
Mentality Listens

Read Excerpt

Mentality Listens

Imagine going into a bookstore, choosing a book, opening it up, and discovering that YOU are the main character! Truth-filled words will take you to a whole different level of poetry. Written by a former Marine and a current disabled veteran, Mentality Listens is truly one of a kind. You will never find a book like this one.
Published April 10th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Mentality Listens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mentality Listens

Anthea Carson
Jul 24, 2012 Anthea Carson rated it it was amazing
This was a very comforting book, especially for anyone who is in pain, be it emotional or physical. Anyone asking why things have happened to them, or wondering where God was when bad things happened to them. This book of poetry contains a profoundly spiritual element that almost made me think of a modern day Psalms. I would encourage anyone who is having difficulties, or knows anyone having them to recommend this book or give it as a gift. This should be added to the list of self-help books lik ...more
Katie Hughart
Jun 15, 2012 Katie Hughart rated it it was amazing
Poetry is art. Art is beauty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In this case beauty was born from pain and lifted to a higher place that makes me want cry with sorrow and sing for joy at the same time. I felt the authors pain, hope, resolve, strength, frustration, confusion, and so many other emotions that good poetry has a way of bringing out and I thoroughly enjoy this book. Well done! :)
Lharlemknite
May 02, 2012 Lharlemknite rated it it was amazing
You feel the pain the sorrow the fear the joy in every word. The Author definitely has a gift of writing and she walks you through the long arduous path taken by someone who is living a life of pain and then rescued. A must read for encouragement both spiritual and physical!!!
Venus Perez
Apr 29, 2012 Venus Perez rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book will leave you with thoughts you've never had before but will keep with you for the rest of your life.
Johanna Denton
May 19, 2012 Johanna Denton rated it it was amazing
I was curious about this book. Ms. Perez made me feel her pain and shared her hope. And hope is a wonderful light in a sometimes dark world. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
Jorja
Aug 09, 2012 Jorja rated it it was amazing
“This book is a compilation of poetry that I have written throughout the years as I was introduced to pain, was married to pain, divorced pain, and remarried a few years later…. It is not easy to live with pain, but it is possible. I hope, through these words, someone’s heart will be touched and turned towards the light…because in a world where art screams, Mentality Listens.”

Sharing her inmost heart, her pain-filled cries to a God she knows is there through the times she finds herself drawn bac
Laura LaRoche
May 22, 2012 Laura LaRoche rated it it was amazing
I wanna go. Now that I got a taste of what it’s like! But, for some reason, there is something new… And it's Venus Angelica Perez. I saw how I was influenced as a child by the popular kids in school. Her words will touch you, until you understand - I cannot look away. Mentality Listens: In A World Where Art Screams... A beautiful collection of very endearing poems. The quotes I used to write my review come directly from this book. Ms. Perez is a very gifted poet, and I'm blessed to have read her ...more
Monique Rockliffe
May 16, 2012 Monique Rockliffe rated it liked it
Very interesting poetry with great emotion and depth. Some wonderful moments that made me think about life, death, and suffering from another perspective. The author is very honest with her reader and I admire her for her courage.
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2012
Csimplot
Csimplot rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2012
J.C.
J.C. rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Daniel Perez
Daniel Perez rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Pattywals
Pattywals rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2012
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2012
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Janine Blair
Janine Blair marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Sherry Fortner
Sherry Fortner marked it as to-read
May 11, 2012
Sandy
Sandy added it
May 11, 2012
Jennifer Lee
Jennifer Lee marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
Wanda Morrison
Wanda Morrison marked it as to-read
May 18, 2012
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
May 19, 2012
Laura Wall
Laura Wall marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Deb Blackbourn
Deb Blackbourn marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Literarycat
Literarycat marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Stacy Robinson
Stacy Robinson marked it as to-read
K.D. Owens
K.D. Owens marked it as to-read
Shorok Hamod
Shorok Hamod marked it as to-read
Shantria
Shantria marked it as to-read
Karen French
Karen French marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Robin Conley
Robin Conley marked it as to-read
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Judie Dooley
Judie Dooley marked it as to-read
Sussie
Sussie marked it as to-read
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Q&A with Venus An...: Author's New Release! 9 6 May 15, 2012 07:19AM