Start by marking “Nadia's Heart, Part One (Evergreen Series)” as Want to Read:
Nadia's Heart, Part One (Evergreen Series)

Nadia's Heart, Part One (Evergreen Series)

When an amnesiac girl who thinks she has been born without a heart utters a prayer, she is met by a mysterious angelic stranger from her forgotten past. Together they embark on a journey to recover her removed heart, but enter into battle with an Evil Voice on a rampage to remove the hearts of an entire generation of children.

From a review of the series: "...a fantasy nove
Kindle Edition, 2nd, 79 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Evergreen Books (first published January 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Nadia's Heart, Part One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nadia's Heart, Part One

Zarah
Mar 21, 2016 Zarah marked it as dnf
Shelves: a2r-done
I'm afraid I gave up on this at 37%. I had numerous problems with this, but the most important of which was that things happened out of the blue with no explanation and I was simply lost for the vast majority of the time I was reading.

Secondarily, I never felt I connected with Nadia or anyone else. While I'm not someone who holds that the show-don't-tell dictum is a universal, this story is almost wholly tell and I think this was to its detriment. Tell is difficult to engage a character through
Eisah Eisah
Apr 26, 2016 Eisah Eisah rated it liked it
Jamie Kline
Jul 09, 2015 Jamie Kline rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-review
I wasn't sure at first if I even wanted to read this novel. The synopsis made it sound so strange; the main character is missing her heart? If she doesn't have one, she'd be dead. Are we talking about the metaphorical heart? Of course it's a fantasy novel so anything could be possible. Eventually I was just too intrigued by the questions I had and the positive reviews I saw to reject this book, and so here we are.

The feel of Nadia's Heart, Part One changed as the story progressed. The very begi
Wendy Unsworth
Aug 11, 2012 Wendy Unsworth rated it really liked it
Nadia's Heart is a fantasy tale set in a magical world. The story begins in the village where young Nadia is growing up knowing that she is different, that something is amiss and when a mysterious stranger appears she goes with him in search of the truth. She travels to the Land of Silence, where the secret to her past lies, and finds terrible things there and some answers those these are not fully explained in this, part one, of the story.
From the outset there is a moody atmosphere that reminde
N.N. Light
Nadia is born without a heart. She doesn’t mind and is fascinated by the hearts of others. That is, until a classmate of hers points it out and asks where her parents are. She goes home and right before bed silently prays. The next day, she meets a stranger and he takes her on a journey to find her heart. Nadia embarks on an adventure filled with other-worldy people and places, including her angelic guide, Georgeonus.

They travel through The Land of Silence and The Ice Mountain, all in search of
Arborgate Media
May 13, 2015 Arborgate Media rated it it was amazing
The story is an allegory for the Divine Heart.
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Tessa Dick
Tessa Dick marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
shimoz
shimoz marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016

Evergreen Series (3 books)
  • Return to Evergreen
  • The Rescue of Georgeonus (Evergreen Series)