Forever Blue: New Tears to Cry, Old Songs to Sing (Forever Blue, #2)

Forever Blue: New Tears to Cry, Old Songs to Sing (Forever Blue #2)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  24 reviews
It’s the captivating conclusion to this moving saga of choices made and chances lost.

Over a decade ago, Alexa Moore’s first love vanished without warning. After years of mourning Carter Storm’s fateful departure, her emotional wounds have faded and she is finally free from the pain of her past. Now in her mid-twenties, her future includes the perfect husband and a lucrati...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Forever Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Blue

Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

Forever Blue: New Tears to Cry by Jennifer Edlund is the follow up book to Forever Blue. The book picks up exactly where the first book left off; in reality I think it could have been one long book instead of two separate books, but whatever because I really enjoyed the story and it was worth both books.

I felt Forever Blue (the first novel) had a lot of heart to it and sorrow, more so then FB: New Tears to Cry. I felt really bad for the main char...more
Jill
“He left me believing he was my soul mate and that one day, he would come back to me.”

As far as Alexa goes, I don’t even know what to say. This girl goes through so much. I was just waiting for an anvil to drop from the sky and fall on her head like Wyle E. Coyote. I mean seriously, this girl seems to go through it all. Carter is the only thing she has left from her childhood and she was so desperate to hold on to him. She claims she knows him, but she doesn’t. Not really. No one is the same per...more
Melissa Cushing
I loved this book!!!! I received a free copy in exchange for a review and I loved it!!!! The ONLY thing I can say negatively about it, is the main characters personality......Alexa Moore.....was a little too innocent. She seriously endured set back after set back, when it came Carter (a.k.a. Aiden Storm)....I cannot take it!!! I will not disclose too much because it will ruin the story for everyone else...but man.... could someone cut this girl a BREAK!!!!! I would have given this book 5 stars...more
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Like an idiot, I read this book before reading the first one. Agrh, it felt incomplete, I should have figured it out before finishing the book like a dim-wit!

I liked the book, frustrating at a point but still loved it. The story was a nice roller-coaster ride! With its ups and downs!
I HATE Aiden and Carter. I HATE his mother too, fucking bitch.
RUTH SHOULD FUCKING GO DIE IN A DITCH.
Scotty was such a sweet heart! Poor guy, Its always the good guys who get their hearts poached :(
I really like Derri...more
Terri Anne
Heartbreakingly beautiful..
Beautiful..

I think this are the words I could only utter at this moment. It's uniquely fascinating how Carter and Alexa's love had turned out into.

How Alexa was althroughout? Shattering in an exquisite way
With all the twist and turn. This book took me by surprise in any ways possible. I think I'll be hangovered for a while with this one.

Again, thank you for this masterpiece Ms. Edlund!
Jess * Jess Time To Read*

I dove right into this one! I felt so bad for Scotty, he seemed like a really loving guy. I must say that Carter pissed me off A LOT. Thank god I have a kindle because that was the main reason for not throwing it across the room! I loved little Luke and Alexa was a wonderful mother. I really enjoyed reading this series.
Julie
Forever Blue: Old Songs to Sing, New Tears to Cry was amazing. I fell in love with the characters all over again and did not want the book to end!!! I laughed and cried, it really was touching. I recommend it to everyone. But you must read the first one "Forever Blue" before the sequel.
Jen
This is a great continuation of the first...With all of the highs and lows, I read this in one night...I would read a third book if there ever becomes one....
Carrie
This book is so angsty I found myself getting angry at my husband for no reason. While I love a good angsty book this probably went overboard.
Antoinette
This book is a phenomenal conclusion to Forever Blue! I read this book in less than 24 hours, and have spent the past few days thinking about what I wanted to write in a review. As I closed the last page, I sat there and let out a sigh of relief for Alexa because she went through a world wind of emotions throughout this story, but I feel this book held a lot of obstacles that she had to overcome, which she did, despite having those breaking moments that I think anyone would have if in her positi...more
Kellee
In my review for the first book, Forever Blue, my ending sentence begged that Jennifer Edlund not let me down with the sequel, Forever Blue: New Tears to Cry, Old Songs to Sing. I'm beyond thrilled to say that she did not disappoint! This was such a heartbreakingly wonderful conclusion to a beautiful story.

Boy oh boy was I taken on an emotional roller coaster with this book. So many things happened to rapidly change the direction of my thoughts and feelings from the first book. I was angry and...more
Katie Huscroft
Well, what a heart moving sequel.

This book carries on from the first and has a sad journey for Alexa.

Once she crosses that line with Carter there is no turning back for her and Scotty. You can't help but feel for them both but I'm please when Scotty finds someone deserving of his love.

Carter shows such a horrible side in this book but his actions are eventually explained. I'm so glad Alexa doesn't make the same mistake twice with him and I'm glad she finally got her closure.

This book takes you...more
Chelsea Holder
The story was fantastic! Extreme drama! Prepare a box of tissue if you were the type of person that easily sympathize with the characters. Every dialogue was well said. I really didn't anticipate the turn of events, it was completely unpredictable! I was even shocked on some part! There were times where I was really pissed on both Alexa and carter, I really didn't know what to do. The story was heart wrenching ! I was really glad that Alexa was really a strong person! The ending was kind of not...more
Becky
At first when I was reading this book I wasn't sure how I would feel about it because I have strong feelings towards cheating, but I kept reading. After I pushed my thoughts on that aside, I actually liked this book. It's about a woman growing from her past instead of letting it define her forever, and that is why I liked the book.
Lesley
Loved the story, it is not a stand-alone book. You definitely should read Forever Blue (book 1) before diving into this one as it picks up the story practically mid sentence and you need the character development from book 1 to be able to follow the story.

Anino
Not to say that this book sucks or anything like that, but... it just wasn't my cuppa... Didn't finish, lost interest.
Cindy Davis
The first took off more for me than the second . But, I had to finish. Liked, but didn't at the same time.
Linda Gwiazdowski
REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK,DOWN TO EARTH CHARATERS.I LOVE THE SENSETIVITY OF THE STORY.
Choy
Awesome conclusion! I will recommend this series to all my friends and family.
Ashleigh
3.5 stars drama drama in this book for sure! i enjoyed it!
Patty
Looks and sounds awesome cant wait to read it..
Christian
Sep 08, 2012 Christian marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Sounds amazing!!! Closing fingers on this one!!!
Kristine
The ending isn't what I expected.
Jessa Stephanie
Not the happy ending i expected. :(
  • The Experiment
  • Songbird
  • The Battered Heiress Blues
  • See Jack Die
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • 5 Days to a Clutter-Free House: Quick, Easy Ways to Clear Up Your Space
  • Well Rocked (Rocked, #6)
  • Oceans Between Us (A Cinderella Romance)
  • The Alchemist's Daughter
  • Stealing Mercy
  • Magic at Work
  • A Touch Of Magic
  • Security
  • The William S Club
  • Missing
  • Rocking Her Curves (Asher and Trixie, #1)
  • Dating101
  • Precipice
Jennifer was born in Northern California in the city of Roseville. She is a Scorpio-- spiritual, and very in touch with the universe and her astrological sign. Her elemental sign is water, so the ocean holds her heart and is her favorite place to relax and commune.

Jennifer has written three novels, which include her best-sellers, Forever Blue and Forever Blue: Old Songs to Sing, New Tears to Cry....more
More about Jennifer Edlund...
Forever Blue Forever Blue: The Complete Set (Book 1 and Book 2) The 30-Day Caveman (Paleo) Dinner Recipe Cookbook The 30-Day Caveman (Paleo) Breakfast Recipe Cookbook The 30-Day Caveman (Paleo) Dinner Recipe Cookbook: Volume 2