Start by marking “Bad Moon Rising” as Want to Read:
Bad Moon Rising

Bad Moon Rising

Superstition abounds where the moon is concerned. It can bring love, luck, madness, misfortune, pleasure, and pain. Of all the myths and legends, superstitions and old wives tales, no lunar legend is as well known as those surrounding the wolves...

Moon Dogs by Erica Kealey—FBI Agent Grant has had enough of his partner Cary's running and hiding. He knows what he saw, he's o
ebook
Published August 29th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published August 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Moon Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Moon Rising

Moonwitch by M.J. Willow - 3 stars

Coming Home by Elizah J. Davis - 4 stars

The Werewolf of Grey Lake Inn by Megan Derr - 4.5 stars
Nova
Moon Dogs by Erica Kealey – 2.75 stars: Not bad, but nothing spectacular either.

The Wolf and the Moon by Kayla Bain-Vrba – 2 stars: No werewolves, but this story reminded me of the Hunger Games. O.o

A Kind of Remedy by Ashley Shaw – 2.75 stars: I wanted to read more about the pack. :(

The Were Curse by Sasha L. Miller – 3.75 stars: Finally a story I liked! Dominic was one of my favorite side characters and I wanted to know more about him!

Runaway Prince by May Ridge – 2.5 stars: A whore and a prin
Lillian Francis
Aug 04, 2015 Lillian Francis rated it really liked it
Nine stories in total.
5 great stories.
1 that was well written but not for me.
3 that I struggled to finish.

My favourites:

Moon Dogs by Erica Kealey - 4 stars. Felt like a Sterek AU. This is not a bad thing.
The Were Curse by Sasha L. Miller - 4.5 stars. Loved this one. A very different take on the standard werewolf story.
Moonwitch by M.J. Willow - 4 stars. High on world building, low on romance. Had the romance been more prominent this would have been a 5 star read.
Coming Home by Elizah J. Davis -
Ezinwanyi~ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves)
This book was a collection of novellas (Nine stories in all). A couple stories were really great, and a couple were really bad. Most of them were in the middle range. Overall, I would give this novella a 3.5 rating because the book was pretty solid overall.

Moon Dogs by Erica Kealey (4-stars)
This story featured two detectives Cary and Grant. After an attack that would have killed an average man, Cary disappeared from the hospital. His partner, Grant, went to find Cary in order to see if he was
Issa
May 03, 2013 Issa rated it liked it
3.5 stars overall but that's a bit unfair since some of stores were amazing. Loved that I got 9 separate stories in it.

Moon Dogs - 4.5 stars. (werewolf) My favorite of the bunch though I think the shortest. Others may not agree but it was like Erica Kealey heard all the issues I have with an MC and made Grant perfect. The end a little fanciful but screw it, I liked it. I really wanted to the full novel on what happened to the point they meet in this story.

The Wolf and the Moon. (alternate univer
blub
Moon Dogs by Erica Keale There were aspects in the story I really liked. I do wish there was more character and world building but it is an anthology so its to expected that there was a minimum of both. I found it hard to believe that Grant "is alpha-potential"....he is bad@ss in the story though but just a bit over dramatic with his emotions.

The Wolf and the Moon by Kayla Bain-Vrba Has a bit of a Battle Royale/The Hunger Games/The Most Dangerous Game feel to it. It's not exactly my cup of tea
Tj
Aug 30, 2012 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I never know how to rate anthologies. I enjoyed all the stories to some extent.

Moon Dogs Grant and Cary are an interesting mix. I did think the "problem" in the story was a little unrealistic but the writing was good and I enjoyed the characters. 3.5

The Wolf and the Moon This was an interesting book that is based on the idea of Blood Games. We never really see the reasons for the MC's separation or why they were allowed to be back together. I LOVED the characters though and would enjoy seeing m
MostlyDelores
Oct 24, 2012 MostlyDelores rated it really liked it
3.5 stars average, some stories just ok, some excellent, none are bad.

Moon Dogs - Erica Kealey - Grouchy FBI agents and werewolves - 3.5 stars
The Wolf and the Moon - Kayla Bain-Vrba - Dystopian gladiator/Hunger Games setting (well done, but not my thing) - 3 stars
A Kind of Remedy - Ashley Shaw - Innocent man turned into werewolf by evil scientists - 2.5 stars
The Were Curse - Sasha L Miller - Wizards have to figure out how to save the cursed prince (excellent) - 4.5 stars
Runaway Prince - May Ridg
Eepa *mm loving bookworm*
I have usually loved LT3 presses anthologies and found good quality stories in them. This time I was unfortunately disappointed and found half the stories to be boring or outright stupid. Most of the good ones were at the end of the anthology so at least if ended with a good note.

What I did love were Sasha L. Millers nice little fantasy piece about magic and curses.
Moonwitch by M.J. Willow, another fantasy story about missing soldiers, curses and a stubborn prince who hates secrets.
Coming home b
Letty
Oct 02, 2015 Letty rated it liked it
Overall 3-3.5 stars

My favorites were Moonwitch and Coming Home from two authors I hadn't read before, I'll have to go and check what else they have written. I also really liked the stories from Megan Derr and Sasha L. Miller, the rest were just okay for me.

Moon Dogs - Erica Kealey 3.5 stars
The Wolf's Moor - Lupin Drake 3.5 stars
Moonwitch
Sylvia
May 27, 2012 Sylvia rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed all the stories in this anthology. Many of them I would read again and some were truly brilliant. I love werewolves, and all the different myths surrounding them, and this anthology incorporated a lot of that. Here we have the werewolf as the classic symbol of the blurred line between right and wrong, between man and wolf, and as a more contemporary symbol of identity, love and family ties. This anthology has it all: Experiments gone wrong, a witch's curse, the love and loss of ...more
Tailtiu

Coming Home - Elizah J Davis 4 stars
The Werewolf of Grey Lake Inn - Megan Derr 4.5 stars
Erin
Jun 01, 2012 Erin rated it liked it
DNF'ed almost half the stories. What I did complete, 3 stars overall. The Were Curse by Sasha Miller was the best of the collection (wouldn't mind reading more in this world).

Moon Dogs - 3 stars
The Werewolf of Grey Lake Inn - 3 stars
Eli
Jun 27, 2016 Eli added it
Shelves: fiction, spec, queer, 2016
Not going to rate this. The few stories I read all the way through were quite good. I just couldn't get through the vast majority of them--consent issues, wholly unlikeable characters, or just plain bad writing. But everyone has different tastes, and I'm sure every one of the stories I threw up my hands at in frustration has its champion somewhere.
Mara Ismine
Mara Ismine rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2012
Elske
Elske rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Lumiauw
Lumiauw rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2015
Azure
Azure rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Midia
Midia rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Cynthia Shaver
Cynthia Shaver rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2016
Marisella
Marisella rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Lada
Lada rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2012
Qi
Qi rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Cap'n Muchiko
Cap'n Muchiko rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Aly Jones
Aly Jones rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016