Start by marking “Whiskey Dreams (Sleepy Hollow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whiskey Dreams (Sleepy Hollow, #1)

Whiskey Dreams (Sleepy Hollow #1)

The war that won the country its independence also lost many of the men who fought to achieve it, including Brom’s lover. Years later, he still feels as if he left half of himself on the battlefield. When a new schoolmaster comes to Sleepy Hollow, a spark and a whiskey-flavored kiss ignite feelings he thought were long dead. But in order to be with John, he’ll have to let ...more
Published May 6th 2012 by Ranae Rose (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Whiskey Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whiskey Dreams

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jun 24, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Midu
Quick review:

Cover: Hot
Rating: NC-17
Overall: Solid writing for such a quick read.
Characters: Want to know more.
Plot: This was a quick nibble into a story I that’s going somewhere
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Brom

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Short but good. I was surprised by this one. What should have been predicable wasn’t. There is more to come I’m sure. I’m waiting for the other shoe to fall, but so far so good. As soon as I can, I’ll be diving
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
This book was okay but I'm just not into historical romances unless they are REALY REALLY good. It was nice enough (except for first time M/M sex with just spit! Come on!) but I wasn't wowed. I heard the next in the series is M/M/F, which is always a bit of a let down for me.
Macky
Jan 27, 2013 Macky rated it really liked it
Sexy m/m spin on the legend of sleepy hollow, in which we are introduced to john crane ( Ichabod?) And Abraham Van Brunt or Brom Bones, as he is known, with mention of Katrina Van Tassel. No headless horseman in this one but the stage is being set,this is obviously a prelude before book 2 where I believe more paranormal aspects will be introduced. I don't particularly like m/m/f menage ( this comes in book 2, Whiskey Dreams only contains m/m love scenes ) but this wet my whistle - so to speak - ...more
Tonileg
May 11, 2012 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Brom is a damaged man. As all men are after surviving a war, it is almost punishment for having lived when beloved friends and family have died. But each day starts with Brom still breathing and finally healing little by little of the pain and grief that all survivors feel.
One day a new school teacher arrives in Sleepy Hollow, John is in his early twenties and this is his second post as a teacher. He is a virgin but has thought about M/M action although he has never acted on it. Brom kisses John
Dan
May 08, 2012 Dan rated it it was amazing
Once you begin this free read you won't want to put it down.
Whiskey Dreams The prequel too Haunted Passions, Ranae Rose has (imho) a wonderful writing style.
Tracey
Nov 20, 2012 Tracey rated it it was ok
Shelves: freebie, m-m
This was a freebie book, it was a short read too.

John the new school master, and brom the horse man get it on. Not enough characther development for me but as was only short that was to be expected. Steamy scene in the woods though.

Worth a quick read.

2.5 stars from me
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
Really really liked it! Looking forward to the sequel.
★Ruth★
I've read better & I've read worse.

I was more intrigued by the snippet at the end which would suggest a m/m/f scenario in the next story.
Karma♥Bites ^.~
★★★1/2 WHISKEY DREAMS, the prequel to Haunted Passions, was a fast, pleasurable read because the incredible writing let me relax and simply enjoy the story. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a sweet yet smexy M/M historical romance.

Having forgotten everything but that WHISKEY DREAMS was an M/M historical, a mental fly kept buzzing about my head while reading. Not until @ 40% in did I finally realize that the story was a clever re-working of Washington Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Ho
Andrew
Sep 22, 2012 Andrew rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Review Taken From The Pewter Wolf

America is recovering from the American Civil War, and Brom Bones is recovering for the lost of his lover. So when a new schoolmaster, John Crane, arrives to Sleepy Hollow, a spark forms within Brom that he thought he would never have again. And when the pair share a whiskey-filled kiss, Brom knows he wants to be with John. But how can he when the past won't stay in the past? And how can they be together when being in love with another man is dangerous thing?

I re
T.M. Smith
Jul 26, 2012 T.M. Smith rated it really liked it
Short, Sexy and Steamy! My three favorite colors! This is the prequel to Haunted Passions and introduces us to Brom, John and Katrina. It can be read as a stand alone Novella, but I strongly urge that you follow it up with the more full length novel, Haunted Passions.

Brom is still recovering from the loss of his lover during the war when the Enigmatic new school teacher, John Crane, arrives in town. Brom is immediately drawn to John's innocence, and even though he's an educated man he has a naiv
Daniel Montgomery
Sep 02, 2012 Daniel Montgomery rated it did not like it
I'm not much a fan of romance novels. I read this as a quick palate cleanser between other books I was planning to read. The first romance novel I read was a straight contemporary romance. This is a gay period romance. They read almost exactly the same. Same graceless dialogue, cardboard characters, overwrought sentimentality, clumsy overwritten passages, thudding plot.

What's funny is that there's a scene at a party that indicates an interesting story independent of the requisite sex. I was inte
Delphina
Oct 22, 2012 Delphina rated it really liked it
While this book can easily read as a stand alone, the beauty in it is that it adds such depth to two of the three main characters in Haunted Passions. In this book, you see how John and Brom meet and form their friendship/relationship. If this was a stand alone book, I would never have considered downloading and reading it. I am not one for the m/m stand alone. I say this, because I think it might be worth a second look even if you are thinking that you prefer your romance m/f. I am glad I downl ...more
Karen
The first explicit encounter between the two leads bothered me, not because it was m/m but because the top was not as considerate a lover as I'd like (I guess they didn't have a Dan Savage to give advice in late 1700s New York). He felt bad about it, but what he felt bad about didn't include all of what bothered me about the encounter. It got better after that, and I think I might read the m/m/f book that this is a prequel for.
Arlyn
I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would, considering this is a historical reads and the fact that it has a mediocre Rating. Quick & sexy, it took me know time to get caught up in the Heat and palpable sexual chemistry between John & Brom. Great, detailed erotic content. Satisfying conclusion.
Tamela
The story was good a solid three stars but I really liked the characters. Its strange to realize that there were men who fought in our country's earliest conflicts who suffered PTSD. I know Brom has had it rough for years, but maybe finding John will help him get past the war and losing someone so close to him. I also like how protective Brom is of both John and Katrina.

Recommended.
Laylah
Oct 19, 2012 Laylah rated it liked it
Shelves: m-slash-m
I enjoyed Rose's style here; her prose is smooth and comfortable, with good rhythms to it. The Sleepy Hollow base for the story, though, distracted me more than it enticed me. I kept trying to picture the characters as they appeared in the Tim Burton movie version. I might try the author again sometime in a story with a less derivative premise.
Stephanie
Jul 01, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Ashley♥Alexis
I liked this story and I'm a bit dissapointed that the next book is m/m/f honestly I don't think this relationship is strong enough to add someone else into the mix. I am kinds intrigued by the paranormal aspect of the sequal but I don't think I will bother with it.
Tailtiu
May 07, 2012 Tailtiu rated it liked it
Shelves: free
Good and free M/M prequel to Haunted Passions which contains a M/M/F ménage
Willow Sanders
It would probably be more of a 2 1/2 than a 3. A lot of these shorts don't really have enough character development for me to really get into them. However, the relationship between Brom and John is sweet, and a bit spicy. A decent read for what it was.
Janie
Jan 17, 2013 Janie rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Honestly I'm just not a fan of historical romance. I also hate reading about times when 2 men fall for each other but still have to go off and marry women or act like they do, it just really pisses me off and then I just can't enjoy the rest of the story.
Lookingfor Jake
Feb 09, 2013 Lookingfor Jake rated it it was amazing
Awesome book about inner demons and lost love.
Awilk -never sleeps-
A quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed. Will be reading more as soon as I can.
Lee
Mar 27, 2015 Lee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a prequel to a M/M/F book that I won't be reading (not my thing). Although, I do thank the publisher/author for the heads-up.
Three Stars!
David
Oct 27, 2012 David rated it really liked it
While I'm not a fan of historical drama, this book kept me reading.

The characters dealing with personal baggage and interpersonal baggage made for an interesting plot.
Frynsg
Feb 08, 2013 Frynsg rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, nook-ebooks
Such a fun twist on an old classic. If history was this good, I would have paid more attention in class.
Super hot sex scenes.
Betty
Mar 01, 2013 Betty rated it it was amazing
A great historical 'man romance'. Wonderful characterization with a good story line and erotic scenes. I will be looking for more from this author!
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Aggie
Genre: M/M Historical
Rated: 5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Anna Kļaviņa
May 11, 2012 Anna Kļaviņa rated it it was ok
2 stars= it was OK

Is this a fanfiction to The Legend of Sleepy Hollow?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • New Discoveries (Book 1 of the New Discoveries Series)
  • Tomfoolery
  • To Sir, With Love
  • Pleasures of Somerville Park (Somerville Park, #1.5)
  • Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Volume One (Daron's Guitar Chronicles, #1)
  • Language Lessons
  • If It Ain't Love
  • The Actor and the Earl (The Crofton Chronicles #1)
  • Back-Up
  • Jacinto's Voyage
  • Look Sharp (Hidden Talents, #3)
  • Supplicant (Dominance, #1)
  • Dirty Play
  • Lazy Sundays
  • Unlawful (Freedom, #1)
  • My Daddy is a Handsome Prince, Volume 1
  • Me, Myself and I (Dark Reflections, #1)
  • Red-Eye Dawn (Turbulence, #3)
I write what I know and love: adult romance with blue-collar heroes and real-life flavor. Tattoos, handcuffs and men in uniform are a few of my favorite things, and it shows in my thirty+ published books.

I live in the South with my man in uniform, who I married for the entertainment value. Just kidding - it was the handcuffs, err, true love. ;)

So far, our happily ever after includes a couple kids,
More about Ranae Rose...

Sleepy Hollow (2 books)
  • Haunted Passions (Sleepy Hollow, #2)