Start by marking “Cool Blue Tomb (Soc Series)” as Want to Read:
Cool Blue Tomb (Soc Series)

Cool Blue Tomb (Aristotle Socarides #1)

"Absorbing....Soc is an appealing, witty protagonist..and the Cape Cod locale is rendered with panache in this face-paced enjoyable yarn."
Publisher's Weekly

Life’s a Beach—Until Murder Rolls in With the Tide

A 50-million-dollar salvage operation. An expert diver dead at the bottom of the sea. An elegant mermaid in a black Porsche—and an open invitation to dip into the troubl
Published March 19th 2012 by Suspense Publishing (first published April 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Cool Blue Tomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cool Blue Tomb

Nancy Silk
Mar 31, 2013 Nancy Silk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"A Treasure of A Story"

As a huge fan of Clive Cussler, I've become familiar with Paul Kemprecos as a co-author. This book he wrote before teaming up with Clive Cussler. I know now that Author Kemprecos is an outstanding author and his story here is compelling. This novel takes place in and around Cape Cod in Massachusetts. Aristotle Socarides, known as "Soc," has quite a history, even though his endeavors are not revered by his younger brother who lives a very opulent lifestyle. Soc has been to
Elizabeth Harris
Jul 25, 2015 Elizabeth Harris rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The gritty feel, the imperfect but honourable main character. Soc is full of wit and and philosophy. A normal guy with demons living life his way. Descriptions of Cape Cod have me wanting to go knowing that I'll feel like I've been there before.
Andrew
Oct 01, 2016 Andrew rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I enjoyed this murder mystery set in and around the Cape Cod area. The maritime setting really helped with my enjoyment of this book. The main character "Soc" is perfect and has just the right amount of a smartass. The actual mystery is pretty standard though the author does throw a few twists toward the end. Overall an enjoyable read.
Quillracer
Mar 05, 2014 Quillracer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
The milieu – Cape Cod – and the character – ex-cop, fisherman, diver, PI – were a refreshing change from the usual big city, hard as nails private eye novel.

Aristotle ‘Soc’ Socarides, the main character, has a distinctive voice with some wry descriptions of people and places. And he’s not the usual tough guy PI, always spoiling for a fight and using brawn to conquer the bad guys. It’s refreshing to see a PI use his brains to get out of tight spots.

It took a while for this book to get going but o
Bob
Mar 31, 2014 Bob rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it, didn't want to put it down. Arisotle "Soc" Socarides, VIetnam VEt, Ec Boston cop and now fisherman and sometime PI out on Cape Cod gets offered a job searching for some stolen data for finding a British ship sunk off the Cape during the revolution. This job and a second one that has him shadowing a rich developer at his wife's request soon lead him into no end of trouble and not much progress. Attacks and a near drowning keep the action going till the end. Anyone familiar with Cape ...more
Carolyn E Adams
Feb 24, 2016 Carolyn E Adams rated it it was amazing
I really liked all of the characters in the book,Kemprecos wrote a very colorful characters.

I loved this book It was very interesting and at times I felt like I could feel the hot sun or the cool breeze off the water. This is the first time I have written a review. Once I stared reading I could not put the book down. May I say that I am 75 years young and read a great deal.I didn't see the twist at the end .Some of the bad guys I thought were good! Carolyn E Adams
Frank Spinney
Dec 31, 2009 Frank Spinney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people looking who like mysteries and underwater adventures.
This is the first Aristotle "Soc" Socaride's mystery. This series is one of my all time favorites. Aristotle or Soc to his friends is and ex cop turned part time fisherman part time private detective in Cape Cod. He lives on a house boat with a fourteen pound ratty coal colored cat named Kojak. These books are an easy read. Paul Kemprecos only wrote six books in this series before he joined with Clive Cussler to create the new NUMA files series featuring Kurt Austin.
John Buissink
Jan 04, 2015 John Buissink rated it it was amazing
When you think about reading a mystery/adventure story about submerged treasure, the first name that comes to mind is Dirk Pitt.
As you read this story about an academic diver/PI, there is little resemblance to the shenanigans undertaken by Mr. Pitt and his NUMA associates.
This story is a fun and exciting read that will thoroughly entertain you. It is a fine example of the reason why Clive Cussler is now writing the NUMA files books with Paul Kemprecos.
Julie
Feb 17, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adventure, detective work, murder and mayhem. How could you not enjoy all this? My only small complaint is that the author can be somewhat wordy at times. If one adjective will do, you probably don't need three. But that's just me. Overall, I enjoyed this story and have read all the NUMA Files books too.
John
Nov 05, 2014 John rated it it was ok
Finished COOL BLUE TOMB ([[ASIN:B007MJLPDI Cool Blue Tomb (Aristotle Socarides series Book 1)]]) by Paul Kemprecos. This is just another plodding detective story that doesn't have a lot going for it. I have enjoyed the books that Kemprecos has co-authored with Clive Cussler, but this one never got off of the ground. Very disappointing! Two stars is being generous.

Trisha
Jun 13, 2013 Trisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. Soc seems is a a relatable character. Loved all the diving bits as well as the few interactions with his family. Lots of twists and turns with the mystery, not very predictable but very plausible. Off to read the next book in this series!
Steve
Mar 29, 2014 Steve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book by this author. Normally, I can not stand to read a book in first person. If you plan to write your book in that tense, read this first and do it right. I will be diving more into this author's work for sure. Very well done and a quick, pleasant read.
Julia Dawn Mason
A surprisingly great read

A treasure hunt for treasure that didn't exist combined with a private detective who had a cat who was afraid of mice and moths made for a very interesting read. Could not put it down till I finished it.
Kim Hammond-beyer
Feb 15, 2014 Kim Hammond-beyer rated it really liked it
Detective series

Detective series

interesting Greek Vietnam vet beer drinking PI. fun read. well written. descriptive language, good characterization. I enjoyed reading and will prob read next in series
v.geniebrown
Aug 03, 2016 v.geniebrown rated it it was amazing
Good read

This was way different from what you would expect it was interesting and though it wasn't a cannot put down book, it was one that called you to pick up over and over till finished.
Liz Wood
Good book!!

The plot has so.many twists +turns the book kept pulling me to read on. I liked the character development ...consistent with the quality of the plot
Amanda
Nov 16, 2014 Amanda rated it did not like it
I've gotten about a third of a way into the book and it's just not gotten better. The storyline was very interesting to me, but I cannot get into the slow writing and build of the story.
Michelle
Aug 09, 2016 Michelle rated it it was ok
Good book

You people should just read this novel yourselves and write your own review on this novel. I really enjoyed reading this novel very much so. Shelley MA
Kendra Tolstoshev
Kendra Tolstoshev rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2016
Vicky Putnam
Vicky Putnam rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Mojca
Mojca rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Dan Donovan
Dan Donovan rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2013
Nita A
Nita A rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2015
Suzanne R
Suzanne R rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2015
Kathy Pitts
Kathy Pitts rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Karen Jacobs
Karen Jacobs rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
James William DeWitt
James William DeWitt rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Jan  Miller
Jan Miller rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2015
Marilyn Mowry
Marilyn Mowry rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Superior Justice
  • Death in the Beginning
  • Malicious
  • Color Tour (Ray Elkins Thriller Series)
  • Enemy In The Room
  • The Tombs of Eden (Eden Saga, #1)
  • Mouse
  • The Price of Innocence
  • FRY
  • Nursery Rhyme Murders Collection
  • Chasing the Storm
  • Dying in Detroit (Bright & Fletcher, #2)
  • Hell Ship (Dane Maddock Origins #2)
  • London Macabre
  • Becoming Quinn (Jonathan Quinn, #0.1)
  • Parallax View (Tracie Tanner #1)
  • The Card Counter
  • The Moose Jaw
My fiction-writing career owes it start to the bad navigation of an 18th century pirate. For it was in 1717 that a ship, the Whydah went aground, reportedly carrying a fabulous treasure. In the 1980s, three salvage groups went head-to-head, competing to find the wreck. The controversy over the salvage got hot at times and I thought there might be a book in their story. I was working for a ...more
More about Paul Kemprecos...

Aristotle Socarides (7 books)
  • Neptune's Eye (Aristotle Socarides, #2)
  • Death in Deep Water (Aristotle Socarides, #3)
  • Feeding Frenzy (Aristotle Socarides, #4)
  • The Mayflower Murder (Aristotle Socarides, #5)
  • Bluefin Blues (Aristotle Socarides, #6)
  • Grey Lady (Aristotle "Soc" Socarides)

“a flash of silver just below the surface.” 0 likes