Start by marking “150 Pounds Gone Forever: How I Lost Half My Size and You Can Too” as Want to Read:
150 Pounds Gone Forever: How I Lost Half My Size and You Can Too

150 Pounds Gone Forever: How I Lost Half My Size and You Can Too

Author Diane Carbonell leads you through her journey of weight loss with real-life honesty, humor, and insight. She explains how she lost 150 pounds with three simple components: fat percentage, portion control, and exercise. 150 Pounds Gone Forever shows you how to say good-bye to diets and how to change your lifestyle by identifying trigger foods, breaking unhealthy ...more
Paperback, First, 292 pages
Expected publication: April 4012 by Sunrise River Press (first published April 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about 150 Pounds Gone Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 150 Pounds Gone Forever

Nov 27, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, health
I’m sure that many people (like myself) are always on the lookout for an “easy” diet that will make losing weight easy and magical. I’ve come to accept that there isn’t such a diet. So despite the book’s trumpeting the “Fit to the Finish Weight Loss Plan,” readers should know going in that there is no magic bullet in this book. Like all good books about losing weight, Ms. Carbonell is proposing the same basic things as everyone else and there is no real mystery to it: you need to exercise and ...more
Nancy Kennedy
Jul 11, 2012 Nancy Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Diane Carbonell once weighed over 300 pounds, but she went on to lose half her size on a three-pronged program of her own making. No one had to bully her into it, or jolly her into it -- Diane just set her mind to it and within a year had reached her goal.

I've followed Diane's blog about her weight loss, Fit to the Finish, over the years. I appreciate her approach to weight loss. She's not a cheerleader or a bully. Instead, she is a knowledgeable and inspiring guide. Her approach is one of quiet
Nolan
May 14, 2014 Nolan rated it it was amazing
If you're at that point in your life where you absolutely must have the quick weight-loss fix--the magic pill, the oceans of juice, the panacea plant, then leave this book unread and keep looking for your effortless quick fix. And while I mean you no offense, let me pause long enough in this review to wish you well in your quest for the impossible.

Ah, but if you are the serious seeker of personal change, if you have tried it all--except the real unglamorous common sense stuff, that is, and if th
Steen
I have always found it motivating and inspiring to read other people's journey to weight loss, so when I saw this at my library I decided to pick it up. I just had my second baby 3 months ago and am currently trying to drop the baby weight and what better way to keep myself motivated then reading about other peoples weight loss successes.

While she was beginning to loss weight she developed her own plan that she called Fit to the Finish which follows a 3 point approach: limiting fat, controlling
Cindy SW
Dec 07, 2012 Cindy SW rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the frank and honest approach to Diane's writing. She writes as if she is having a conversation with you which I particularly appreciated. I also appreciated that the focus of the book was not completely on her story. Even though she does share stories about her weight loss and gives a lot of examples and history, I never got the feeling that she was writing more for herself than the reader. She seems to be very genuine about wanting to help readers get fit and healthy.
I particu
Lisa Eirene
Apr 26, 2012 Lisa Eirene rated it it was amazing
If you want to read a book on how to start to lose weight, this is a great one. Diane lost 150 pounds and has kept it off for years--including having 7 children! Her book is a combination of memoir and self-help and it's a good balance of both. Diane shares intimate stories that I could relate to as someone who also lost over 100 pounds.

Her advice on how to lose weight is practical and there are prompts for the reader to do things, as well as recipes. I really enjoyed her book and her blog too!
Kathleen
Aug 03, 2013 Kathleen rated it liked it
Shelves: weight
The book was okay. But I really didn't like the fact that she just talked about herself the whole time. Not really getting to the point of what to do to lose 150lbs. 70% of the book was her stories about everything. If you want to know about her life than this book would be it but not really anything other than some information to help you with losing weight. But there was some information in the book that was very helpful.
Cynthia
Good account of her weight loss effort. Many points she makes a 'repeat' dieter can relate to! Good advice book. Good, easy recipes included.
Shauna Williams
Shauna Williams rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Dee Klein
Dee Klein rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2013
Jennypenny29
Jennypenny29 rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Anna Rickert
Anna Rickert rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
May 04, 2015
Lee McLean-Houle
Lee McLean-Houle rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Coco_Chanel
Coco_Chanel rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Tammy Swartzendruber jata
Tammy Swartzendruber jata rated it really liked it
May 17, 2013
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
r. marie finney
r. marie finney rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Coral
Coral rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2014
marleno unruh
marleno unruh rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Joe M. Fears
Joe M. Fears rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Claire Eden
Claire Eden rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Bridget Leiseth
Bridget Leiseth rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2015
We love
We love rated it liked it
May 22, 2013