Carolina Mist

Carolina Mist

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  17 reviews
On the fast track at a Philadelphia consulting firm, Abigail McKenna has put her personal life on hold, content to focus on her professional success. But when she's suddenly laid off, Abby finds herself with a dwindling savings account and no promising job prospects. So when a letter arrives holding the solution to all her financial problems, Abby is relieved but saddened:...more
Published February 1st 2007 by Pocket Books (first published August 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Carolina Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carolina Mist

Rachel Whitley
Three and a half stars.

I'm on a "Southern literature" reading spree lately, and I chose this book because the title intrigued me. While "Carolina Mist" is a "nice book with a happy ending" and I enjoyed it, the novel just didn't stand out for me as I had hoped it would.

It's the story of a young woman who has already lost everything that was important to her once, and she's determined never to do so again. When Abbie's parents die in a plane crash, and their debts cost her the home and possession...more
Shay
So far I like this book... However, I got a little distracted by the hunger games trilogy so it has been put on the back burner along with others. I have to be in a certain mood to read a certain type of book at a certain time. So I will get back to this one at a later date.

This was a nice and easy story. I like the slowish pace of it and the wonderful imagery. I know, slowish doesn't always mean good, but in this case it was. Great Characters!
Robin
After losing her job and unsuccessfully searching for work, Abigail McKenna is relieved to find her Great Aunt Leila has made her the sole beneficiary of her Victorian home in North Carolina. Packing up everything she owns, Abby heads south. But the beautiful mansion she remembers is in need of major repairs and there is no money to take care of the problems. On top of that, the house is already occupied by her aunt's best friend, Belle, who has nowhere else to go. Abby holds out hope she can co...more
Anita
I enjoyed yet another story by Maria Stewart. The author definitely surprised me how it ended. I didn't see that coming. Was just a little dismayed that she teased us with happy endings for 2 secondary characters. I mean it read that these 2 characters would be getting their own story, but has not. Kind of left me in limbo wanting more and knowing I'm not going to get it. :( I do recommend this book.
Randy Holmberg
Simple and easy read from Mariah Stewart. While this one leans more on the romance versus the mystery, it was still a good book. The book takes place in the early 90's so its not incredibly relevant in today's society. Use this to escape for a few hours from modern day life.
Kshydog
Mostly a romantic story about Abby learning that there is more to life than just being successful in a career. There is a mystery that really only takes place in the final 50 pages of the book although there were earlier hints that something was amiss.
Rebecca Crowley
I found the narrative dragged and the character of the elderly aunt was almost painfully contrived. There's a sweet romance at the core of this novel and I would've preferred a crisper focus on that with fewer pages of filler.
Thebestdogmom Stiner
A good read. I don't usually read love stories like this but a friend had passed it on to me. Was fun to read something different from my normal book. Nice to see someone get back to their roots.
Idell
Read in paperback, small grey print which made it hard to read. Very boring and predictable - I only finished it because I finish ALMOST every book I start.
Ann
I enjoy Stewart's works because they always have interesting twists- this book puts me in mind of her Chesapeake Diaries Series
Joyce O'Neill
It was a good read. It wasn't anything that I couldn't put down, but it had a nice romantic story.
Daniele
It was ok - not really my style. I kept waiting for something exciting, but it was sweet at times.
Melissa Reczek
This was such a good book, it kept me involved the whole entire book. I really enjoyed the story!
Stephanie
Very different from her usual style. Pretty much a straight up romance. But very readable.
Regan
I don't normally like women's fiction but this was a solidly told, heart-warming story.
Betsy
good story , enjoyable, light reading
Faith Deasy
Love this book!
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Tiffanie
Tiffanie marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Meg
Meg is currently reading it
Sep 02, 2014
Caydenspia
Caydenspia marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Aug 17, 2014
Tara Sauer
Tara Sauer marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Mariah Stewart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-six novels and three novellas and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal. She is a RITA finalist in romantic suspense and the recipient of the Award of Excellence for contemporary romance, a RIO Award for excellence in women's fiction, and a Reviewers Choice Award from Romantic Times Magazine. A three-time winner...more
More about Mariah Stewart...
Dead Certain (Dead #2) Mercy Street (Mercy Street, #1) Dead Wrong (Dead #1) Cold Truth (Truth #1) Last Look (Last #1)