Start by marking “Soulfire” as Want to Read:
Soulfire

Soulfire

It is 148 BC, and the city of Nephi is ruled by the wicked King Noah and his corrupt priests. Zephenia's father has turned to his drink after the death of her mother, and her younger sister Sari dreams of living in the king's palace. When the family's hut is destroyed and the sisters are unjustly imprisoned, Zephenia wonders if God has forgotten her. If they survive their ...more
Published April 2012 by Walnut Springs Press

To ask other readers questions about Soulfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soulfire

Lorraine
Jul 17, 2012 Lorraine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Soulfire has to be one of the best books that I have read in a long time! I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I became engrossed in Zephenia's story! From the first paragraph through to the wonderful end, I did not put the book down! A fast read full of so many emotions, adventure, sorrow, hardship, courage and love! A bit of something for everyone! I will be sure to keep my eyes open for more works by Betsy Love! Thank you First Reads for my free copy of Soulfire, I shall treasure it!
Donna Weaver
Jan 05, 2013 Donna Weaver rated it really liked it
WHAT MY STARS MEAN:
5 Stars--the book had a profound impact on me. It touched me on some special level and lingered with me long after I'd finished reading it.
4 Stars--I loved this book. If I don't own it, I will buy it so I can read it again and again.
3 Stars--I enjoyed the book but may have had an issue or two with it.
2 Stars--I had more than a few issues with it.
1 Stars--I hated it.

WHAT'S IT ABOUT?
Britney Gulbrandsen
Nov 04, 2012 Britney Gulbrandsen rated it it was amazing
This story kept me hanging on every word. I loved the main character, Zephenia, and loved being in her point of view. Betsy did a great job keeping readers interested and concerned about the fate of Zephenia and her family. The book was well-paced and had a great voice. It was interesting to see the facts I already know from the Book of Mormon intertwined with the fictional story of Zephenia and her family. It was also fun to learn more about the time period. Betsy did a great job staying in the ...more
Annissa
Mar 02, 2014 Annissa rated it really liked it
A quick read that gives you a different perspective of story of Abinidi from the Book of Mormon.
Sarah Beggs
Aug 09, 2012 Sarah Beggs rated it liked it
Betsy's description of prophets, jaguars, evil doer's and those who seek to do what's right in a world where others make unwise and thoughtless choices bring ancient scriptures to life. I enjoyed the story as well as the characters who brought one of my favorite stories to life.
However, there were a lot of typo's which slowed the flow down and left me re-reading numerous area's.
Joyce
Sep 20, 2013 Joyce added it
Shelves: lds-fiction
A fresh, new take on the story of Alma the Elder in the Book of Mormon. I especially enjoyed the relationship between Zephaniah and her sister, Sari. I'm hoping the author will write more about the characters. (Especially hoping for a romance between Sari and Gideon. ;-) )
Debbie
Aug 22, 2012 Debbie rated it liked it
This was an interesting book set back in Book of Mormon times. It is the story of a young woman and her family. Abinadi, Alma, King Noah, and others from the Book of Mormon are in this book.
Apr 09, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. It has been awhile since I've read a story set in the Book of Mormon era; it was refreshing!
Sheree
Sheree rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Susan Tietjen
Susan Tietjen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Amanda Boylan
Amanda Boylan marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Tara Farrington
Tara Farrington marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Carlie
Carlie marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Cindy Du Plessis
Cindy Du Plessis marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Jennifer Derbyshire
Jennifer Derbyshire marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Mandi Allen
Mandi Allen marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Andrea Manning
Andrea Manning marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Analeesa
Analeesa marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Margaret Larsen Turley
Margaret Larsen Turley rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2013
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2013
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
First and foremost I am a daughter of God. I am married to my teenage crush. I have 8 great children, and 17 amazing grandchildren. Writing has been a passion since I could hold at pen in my hand. I don't intend to stop until I can no longer hold one.

I hope heaven is everything I hope it will be. I planning on spending eternity honing my craft.
More about Betsy Love...