The Retirement Miracle

The Retirement Miracle

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  13 reviews
An updated version to the National Best-Selling book "Tax-Free Retirement" with over 500,000 copies sold. This new edition includes all updated statistic showing how much in debt we really are and the solution to your own retirement. A must read for those who wants to salvage his/her retirement. This book will show you how to grow your money with zero market risk, access y...more
Mass Market Paperback, First, 120 pages
Published 2011 by Bluewater Press

To ask other readers questions about The Retirement Miracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Retirement Miracle

Jake Woost
The Retirement Miracle focuses on a specific financial instrument called Indexed Universal Life Insurance. It is essentially a life insurance policy that is indexed with the S&P 500, meaning that the policy holder receives the same returns as the Index. However, when the S&P 500 yields a negative return, the policy holder will not receive any interest for the year, thus yielding 0%.

Unfortunately this entire book came across as a sales pitch, and I'm under the impression I'm only getting...more
Mohammad Jalili
Very good and informative text with so many valuable point.
He is making specific suggestion for investors.
The theme of the book is a type of advertising, too many times insisting on his point which make one wonder if he is saying the truth or making a valid point based on research and facts?
He rules out all the life and insurance programs to make his own suggestion glitter .
The book is written for grown up people , but the charts and the msths which filled so many pages are for 12 years old stud...more
Sandee Ferman
I'm a financial advisor, and I teach my clients the pros & cons of indexed universal life insurance. I like the product. I recommend the product when it's a good fit for a client. I also work with indexed annuities. So, I'm familiar with the topics covered in Patrick Kelly's book, The Retirement Miracle.

Even so, this book is a good read for anyone interested in finding out HOW these things work and WHY they might be a good alternative to the deferred-taxes route of traditional IRAs and 401(...more
Dalen
This is a quick, easy-to-read book. Provides some interesting information on various Universal Life insurance plans and a little information at the end on Annuities - the author is especially touting the benefits on indexed Universal Life and Indexed Annuities. For people like me, that are not highly versed on the subject matter, this was good. But, it felt like the author could have used a smaller font and gone into more detail to help me better understand my options and issues. At this point,...more
Jae Oh
Though not factually incorrect, the omissions of the inner workings of the financial products described in this book are important ones. The variety of products within the ones described is enormous, and the costs of them are not even stated, much less described or explained.
As such, this is for novices only, and its only use would be to introduce a concept.
If I read this book as "advice" to a client, I would put myself in serious jeopardy of being blamed for not informing a client of important...more
Troy Clark
Just OK, not nearly as good as Mr. Kelly's first book, and seems to contain a lot more "filler," and time spent explaining the obvious. Still, The Retirement Miracle provides a good overview of annuities and their characteristics.
Jason
Good book, but I remain skeptical if this is a sales too. What are the downsides of an IUL?
Jary Welker
As an agent and advisor in the industry I have allowed the biases of others to influence my past thinking too much and so I have been slow to trumpet the power of indexed products. No longer. I strongly recommend Patrick Kelly's work to all interested in their own financial futures, but especially the disciples of some of the talking heads in the media who believe no permanent life insurance is of any value. Good stuff and a great read.
Erik Orrantia
Certainly an illuminating and easy to read, fast overview of IULs and Annuities. For anyone who is unsure about retirement investing, check this out. (And then contact me to set up a policy for you. Just kidding. Not really kidding.)
Heather
Very easy read. Discusses some of the ways to use Life Insurance while still living. He promotes 1 particular product (but not from one company) but you can get the very same benefit from Whole Life depending on the company you choose.
Marilyn Smith
Good information for all us who will be retiring one day. It basically discusses a tax free retirement using insurance products and the IRS codes that allow us to take advantage of this opportunity.
John
This book puts on display a thing called __________ .
If you want to know more, check it out. If you can't wait that long, ask me about it.
Trust me. It's a thing you want to know about.
I promise.
Trey
A quick read with all the pros, but not as many of the cons. It comes off more like a commercial than a balanced discussion of indexed universal life insurance.
Kevin (The Grizz)
Kevin (The Grizz) marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Troy Holt
Troy Holt marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Lauren C
Lauren C marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Rachael Dyanne
Rachael Dyanne marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Edgar Ortiz
Edgar Ortiz marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tax-Free Retirement Faster Company: Building the World's Nuttiest, Turn-On-A-Dime Home-Grown Billion-Dollar Business Stress-Free Retirement Spartacus: The True History of Rome's Greatest Hero and the Third Servile War Observer's Handbook 2008