Start by marking “Jaidee ... Out of the Ashes” as Want to Read:
Jaidee ... Out of the Ashes

Jaidee ... Out of the Ashes

Josh Lyons is doing what he loves -- proving that what happens in Vegas does not stay in Vegas. Josh heads a small detective agency that documents the indiscretions of unfaithful spouses for use in divorce and custody proceedings.

During a routine job, Josh rescues a young Asian girl from a prostitution ring and gives the girl to a friend of his on Metro's Vice Squad. When
Published March 23rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Jaidee ... Out of the Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaidee ... Out of the Ashes

Shalini Ayre
Sep 04, 2012 Shalini Ayre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Las Vegas - where anything can and will happen. Especially if bored a businessman is looking for a bit fun away from home. And for the suspecting wives, Josh Lyons, P.I. is the man for the job.

Together with his tech guy Caleb and business manager Ruth, they carry out surveillance on those cheating husbands. But, what should have been an easy, caught-on-camera job turns into a lot more when the the hooker that turns up to massage the philanderer is a child barely in her teens.

Taking care of her p
Teresa
Aug 29, 2013 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, detective
Others have the synopsis covered, so I won't. I'll just say that this book was really, really good.

Josh (main character) was very likeable. I don't know why, but part way through the book, I became aware of hearing Nathan Fillion's voice when Josh spoke. If this is made into a movie--and I think it would make a great one, Fillion must be cast as Josh. I digress.

Morey's writing style is excellent. Not understated, but not over the top, either. The characters are very well developed; I had no prob
Fran
Oct 22, 2012 Fran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaidee: Clint Morey

Imagine a young 14 year old taken away from her family in order to benefit one man and lessen the financial burdens of another. Imagine how this young child feels when her father hands her over to a stranger in who needs to fulfill his quota of young girls and supposedly thinks he is helping this child live a better life.

Josh Lyons owns and operates Lyons Investigations, which focuses on uncovering husbands that cheat on their wives. The lengths to which he goes to trap the t
Elisa
Jun 18, 2012 Elisa rated it really liked it
This book is a thriller/mystery about a PI who normally exposes philandering spouses but gets caught up in the sex trade handled by the mob. Josh busts a husband found with an underage prostitute which causes him to get involved with Jaidee (a 14 year old) and soon finds them both fighting for their lives. Unfortunately, Jaidee has entertained some powerful movers and shakers and they don't want her to be able to ID them. The cops place her in a home to help her start a new life, but when Josh f ...more
Shelly
Nov 11, 2012 Shelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that I am really starting to enjoy these detective novels! Las Vegas is the perfect setting for this story. Josh is not your typical Private Eye, but after a short stint working for the Las Vegas Police Department, that's just what he is. During a pretty routine unfaithful spouse case he stumbles upon a much bigger case involving child prostitution. He ends up on the run with a 14 year old Thai/Karen prostitute.

With the help of his team and a missionary he protects Jaidee while try
Jill Swanson-Diaz
Clint Morey will be joining me on my blog for day 1 of Adult Fiction Week!
Look for a really great interview with Clint and my review of Jaidee!

Wow! It has been awhile since I have read a good adult fiction novel, and Clint Morey certainly has produced just that. Jaidee is a non-stop, action packed thrill ride of a book. I could easily see this novel being the basis for a movie. I have always loved suspense novels that keep you on your toes. Jaidee did not disappoi
Laura Besley
Nov 29, 2012 Laura Besley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jaidee - Out of the Ashes is a fast-moving book with a well thought-out plot. Something happens in every chapter to keep driving the plot forward and the reader hooked. There are incidents that happen within the narrative that I didn't foresee and with other twists and turns, it's not at all predictable.

In detective novels it's very easy to see things as black and white and the characters within the stories too. Morey has chosen to use 'third person omniscient' (telling the story from different
Jill
Jun 04, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ISBN 978-1-46641270-5
For Private detective Josh Lyons, IT guru Caleb Hamilton, and Secretary Ruth and life is simple: get the evidence that the spouse is cheating. They are on a stakeout, they rescue an underage girl kidnapped from Thailand and sold into prostitution and turn her over to his friend, police officer Lydia Jones and her partner, Officer Len Martinez. When they find a contract to kill the girl, Jaidee, they steal her from the safe house. Now everybody is after them, the pimp, police
Jamie
Jan 27, 2013 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a well thought out story line, reads fast and is engaging. Not my usual topics of enjoyment, based in Las Vegas where any sin goes, and child prostitution is the base of the story line. Characters have some good Samaritans and do the right thing. Good Character development and engaging character interaction.
I am not sure this an author I would pursue, based on the topic descriptions of his other books. Jaidee is well done though, and lived up to the review that i read about the book.
Madeleine Russo
Apr 21, 2013 Madeleine Russo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read.....for awhile I was beginning to believe that this was a true story...kinda of wish it had been and that they were really able to pull off what they did in Vegas!
Barbara Baillie
May 09, 2015 Barbara Baillie rated it liked it
Okay

One of those books that I wanted to.finish, but took time doing it. It was just an average read. Didn't hold my attention.
pat lewandowski
pat lewandowski rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Florence Grace
Florence Grace rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
Reford Burroughs
Reford Burroughs rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Mary Steiner
Mary Steiner rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Lhenry
Lhenry rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Christine Johnson
Christine Johnson rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Judie Gates
Judie Gates rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Ronna
Ronna marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
May 31, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012
C.
C. marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
Butterflyshines
Butterflyshines marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Kristen N.
Kristen N. marked it as to-read
Stacy Robinson
Stacy Robinson marked it as to-read
Tami Montano
Tami Montano marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Daniel Sitter
Daniel Sitter marked it as to-read
Tiffany Thordal
Tiffany Thordal marked it as to-read
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Brei-ayn
Brei-ayn marked it as to-read
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Wilma
Wilma marked it as to-read
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2012