Start by marking “Aggie’s Storms ” as Want to Read:
Aggie’s Storms

Aggie’s Storms

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
As a young girl walking along a country road to school in Grey County, Ontario, she dreamed of teaching children like her sisters and their friends. Family, classmates, and neighbours knew Aggie as a determined, clever, fair-minded girl who spoke her mind.
None of them knew that, one day, the people of her community would elect her, Agnes Macphail, Canada’s first woman Memb
Published 2007 by The Brucedale Press

To ask other readers questions about Aggie’s Storms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aggie’s Storms

Sharon Sinclair
As a reader with a personal connection to Agnes Macphail, I was particularly interested in how Donna Mann would portray the important early years in the life of Canada's first female member of parliament. From my experience
collaborating with Donna on other literary projects, I was certain that her meticulous research skills would be put
to good use in producing a work of creative non-fiction. This book exceeded my expectations and carried me
gently backwards in time to the rural setting that shape
Kendra
About the book: This story follows the childhood adventures of Agnes (Aggie) Macphail, the first woman to sit in Canada's Parliament. She lives on a farm with her parents and sisters, her grandparents live nearby, and she loves school. Her dad does not think that women need more than elementary education, though at the end of the book he realizes that Aggie should go on to high school.

My opinion: Since it is based on the life of Agnes Macphail, who grew up quite close to where I live, I chose to
Darcy Elizabeth
Darcy Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013
Steve
Steve added it
Aug 05, 2012
Aggie's Dreams Rosie Red Bottom: A Comedian with Feathers A Rare Find: Ethel Ayres Bullymore- Legend of an Epic Canadian Midwife