Rough Ride (The Roughnecks, #1)

Rough Ride (The Roughnecks #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  36 reviews
The Roughnecks Series (Erotic Romance)

You do for family, no matter what. Lane Iverson knows that better than anyone. Harboring a secret about his mother’s death, Lane is counting the days until he finishes helping his brothers with some work and can head back to his hiding hole hours away. As long as he doesn’t have to face his three brothers every day, the guilt is easier...more
Published May 6th 2012 by Turquoise Morning Press (first published May 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rough Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Ride

Sheryl
LOVED IT!! Seriously, i expected hot and sexy but not laugh out loud funny!!!! Ms. Ford, you seriously hit on a GOLDMINE when you decided to write a trilogy based on triplet brothers who happen to be oil field ROUGHNECKS!!! Rough Ride brought together a nice mix of dirty, hot, smexing and a really sweet story! Your writing rocks Ms. Ford, and i cannot wait to read about Jacob and Flora in the next book!
Mandi Schreiner
For the past seven months, Lane has been in the small town of Apple Trail, Arkansas helping his two brothers renovate a manor house, in which one of his brothers and girlfriend will eventually move into. Due to his mother’s death and keeping a dark secret from his brothers for many years, Lane feels guilt over the whole matter, and tries to be part of the family. But he feels edgy and can’t wait to get back to his own house, hours away from Arkansas. But the one distraction he has comes in the f...more
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
Lane is in Apple Trail, Arkansas working with his brothers. Lane works hard; from sun up to sun down so that he can avoid being too close to his brothers and revealing a secret that he's been holding onto since their mother's death. When he's not working, Lane is silently lusting after the trailer park manager, Gretchen. She is not his type - she's petite, blond, cute and happy. But there is something about Gretchen that Lane is drawn to. He's determined not to give into the attraction but what...more
Guilty Pleasures
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Rough Ride is the first book in Keri Ford’s new The Roughnecks series. We first met the Iverson triplets (yes, TRIPLETS) and their baby brother, Grant, in Satisfying Her Tastes. Grant came to town to reclaim his family’s homestead and plans on bringing his brothers in to help him with the property. The four have been scattered across the United States and its Grant’s wish to get them all in one place they will hopefully love and want to stay.

Lane Iverson...more
Bookie | The BookChick
I enjoyed the story but two factors kept me from loving it and giving it 5 stars:
(1) Lane seemed to wallow in unnecesary guilt. I understand respecting his mother's wishes but he didn't have to hold onto her secret after her death. Sure, his brothers would have been mad but he could have spared himself a whole lot of inner turmoil if he had just told them sooner.

(2) Lane and Gretchen never professed to love each other. The ending to the story just seemed like they feel into the comfortable of "
Straight Shootin' Book Reviews
I really like this author and I'm looking forward to reading more of her books. Looks like most of what she has written so far is shorter stuff. I really enjoyed all of the characters in this one. The brothers are fantastic and so are Gretchen's friends...very well done.
OH!!! and the sexting in the hospital is one of the best scenes I've ever read....
Jill C.
I love finding a new great author! Her style is similar to Kristen Ashley's, but different. I love the small town feel and I think she fleshes out her characters well, just wish they were longer... On to Jacob...
Tracy
Loved this read! Love that the guys are tripletts. Too cool! The writing is good the characters (the guys) are to die for and the girl is just what he needs. Great read!
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Rough Ride is book 1 in Keri Ford’s new series The Roughnecks and takes us back to the quiet little town of Apple Trail. The Roughneck series is a spin off of Keri’s Apple Trail series which I LOVED!!! If you haven’t read the Apple Trail series find more about it here http://keriford.com/books/uninhibited.... Okay back to Lane...

Lane is one tough cookie. He loves his brothers more than anything, but being so close to them is tough. Lane has been keep a secret from his brothers. A secret that ma...more
Jennah Scott
This wasn't quite what I expected it to be. I should know better than to try and figure out a book based on it's cover. Yeah, yeah scold away. In truth I was more than captivated by ROUGH RIDE. The characters were easy to connect to and it was both fun and heart wrenching to follow them as they worked through their road bumps. I can't wait for ROUGH PLAY and ROUGH TUMBLE become available.

Right from the beginning I loved Gretchen. She's a very headstrong female and doesn't take crap from anyone....more
Katya
Nikki Brandyberry
Lane knows Apple Trail isn’t home. It can’t be. The secret that he carries weighs to heavily on him to be around his family for long. Get in, do the job and leave. That’s all Lane wants to do. Except he can’t seem to shake the girl who owns the park where he is staying while he’s helping his brother drill for oil. Gretchen is always around, always there and Lane can’t help but notice the small beauty and her larger than life personality.

Trying to move on from the death of her husband, Gretchen s...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Lane makes Gretchen crazy, but in an entirely unexpected and good way. In a way she hasn’t felt for another man in a long time. His good looks and quiet manner have her all tied up in knots and wanting to get to know him better. In order to get what she wants, Gretchen will have to make an aggressive first move and put herself out there for the first time in a while. With a little help from her friends, Gretchen finally makes a move a...more
Sally
Rough Ride is the first book in The Roughnecks series and is the story of Gretchen Jones who owns a trailer park and is the landlady to Lane Iverson who is in town to help his brothers renovate and prepare his family's land for finding oil.

Lane has always felt guilty over never telling his brother's the truth about when his mother died years previously and that guilt is now keeping him from being with his family and making a home for himself.

For the last several months that he has been in town,...more
Rhonda
This cover is so freaking hot! The book matches! Wowser. This book has been on my to buy list since it came out and I finally got it. Let’s just say, the next two will not take that long for me to grab. Lane has been in Apple Trail helping his brothers renovate a manor and clear it out for drilling. He is consumed by guilt from keeping a secret from his brothers. He isn’t staying, can’t live with the guilt. Then, he finally gives in to his attraction to Gretchen and everything changes, but will...more
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jun 24, 2012 Dahlia (yadkny) added it
Recommends it for: Contemp Romance Lovers
Review posted @ The Long and Short Reviews
Rae
Sexy and emotional read. Love story done right. Can't wait to read more by Keri Ford!
Stephanie Collins
Rare 5 for me but it was a sweet story! :-)

Thanks Nikki for bringing this to my attn!
Heather Mckenna
I have loved every book by Keri, and this is no different!!
Stacy
3.5 - 4 stars. Loved the female characters!
Tina
Roughnecks, book 1
Lane and Gretchen's story.

Lane is the youngest triplet and also has a younger brother, who has moved back to their hometown to renovate the manor with the help of his brothers so he and his pregnant girlfriend can start their family. He has withheld information from his brothers for years & the guilt has pushed him further away than he's ever wanted to be.

Gretchen owns and manages the trailer park that Lane is temporarily residing in. She's had a crush on him since the day...more
Lesley
I found Rough Ride a little confusing despite the very non-complex story line. Lane and his two triplet brothers are working with their younger brother Grant helping him as he sets up home with his pregnant girlfriend. Lane is desperate to finish and move away as he has a family secret that he believes will destroy their close knit family unit.

Gretchen a young widow, is the owner of the trailer park Lane is staying at. Lane and Gretchen have been lusting after one another for a while but lane re...more
Helyce
I really enjoyed this short story. Lane and Gretchen have great chemistry and watching Lane fight his feelings as Gretchen kinda throws herself into his path was very entertaining. I also enjoyed the strong familial thread between Lane and his brothers. Gretchen's close relationship to her gal pals Flora and Tonya provided much humor as well.

I thought the "secret" that Lane was harboring which caused him so much guilt and grief was really weak and a bit unbelievable in many ways because the auth...more
Amber Cooper
I enjoyed this book but kind myself confused from time to time when the main character "lane" was referred to as "grant" ( which is his brother. I started to wonder if Gretchen was messing with both brothers
Willow
I like this one because of the characters and the fact that they're living what seem to be very ordinary lives punctuated with the drama of simply being loyal, having family all up in your business and working too many hours. It isn't fancy dudes who own penthouses and rescue fair maidens from their :yawn: boring lives, but rather hot dude helping out his family while trying to figure out his next step and renting a trailer from a lady who is cute and stubborn and just lost in a big way and toge...more
Lyndac
3.5 stars. Cute, sweet, funny & hot. Well written good start to trilogy.
smexys_sidekick (Tori-Smexybooks)
Keri Ford's Rough Rider is a cute small town erotic romance. Laughter and steamy, though short, smexy scenes make for an engaging read as we watch our hero and heroine attempt to find solid footing in their relationship. While I did enjoy the story, I did find the secret our hero Lane was hiding to be weak and the revealing even weaker. The secondary characters-mainly our heroines girlfriends, to be the be the high point of the book. Even one needs bffs like this and I look forward to reading ab...more
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
The last few chapters were weak for me, but the rest of the book made up for it. It reminds me a bit of the Neighbor From Hell series, it's just a little bit over the top, but enjoyable. I liked the characters. I got tired of the drama, but the sex was hot and the friendship between Gretchen and her friends was very entertaining.
Rashida
So this big secret that was driving Lane away was nonsense and not very interesting. Gretchen and her friends were the best part of the book. I wanted Lane to fight harder for her. The ending seemed rushed and just okay. The whole book was just okay.
Wminbc
Yikes...the flip flopping back and forth was giving me a complex...and I would have liked a bit more lovin in between the arguments. But, good short read and I believe Flora and Jacobs book will be good...she is a hoot!
  • Bad Kitty
  • The Burn List
  • Hidden Fire
  • The Unrequited Dom
  • The Derby Girl (Getting Physical, #2)
  • The Virgin's Revenge (Rancho del Cielo, #4)
  • Hold 'Em (Vegas Top Guns, #3)
  • Truth or Dare (Party Games, #2)
  • Lipstick on his Collar
  • A Knight in Cowboy Boots (McKnight, #1)
  • Endless Heart (Heart, #3)
  • Suck and Blow (Party Games, #1)
  • Rising, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures, #2)
  • Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
  • Begging For It (1-800-DOM-help)
  • Once Her Man, Always Her Man (Always a Marine, #1; 1Night Stand, #99)
  • Hard Ridin' (Country Fever #1)
Keri Ford was raised in South Arkansas on a farm surrounded by family, horses, cows, donkeys, ostriches, emus, chickens, ducks, Canadian Geese, and enough dogs one would think they were a pound…and then she bought a Cosmopolitan when she was twenty-two. All it took was one excerpt of a sexy romantic suspense and her life would never be the same. Well, parts of it. She still lives on that farm.
More about Keri Ford...
Through The Wall (An Apple Trail Novella, 1) On The Fence (An Apple Trail Novella, 2) Rough Play (The Roughnecks, 2) In The Hay (An Apple Trail Novella, 3) Never Stopped Loving You (A Chester Farms Novel, 1)