Start by marking “Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)” as Want to Read:
Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)

Worth the Risk (Worth It #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,122 ratings  ·  63 reviews
"How to make a strong man fall hard? Refuse him. "

Hunter Worth lives life to the absolute fullest. As vice president and head of brand marketing for Worth Luxury Goods, he's brought his family's business firmly into the twenty-first century. Ruthless yet charming, he's now set his sights on the sexiest member of the marketing team. First thing on his agenda? Seduction.

Grac
Published July 10th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth the Risk

The Billionaire Wins the Game by Melody AnneMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesChasing Justice by Danielle  Stewart
Summer List
460th out of 461 books — 450 voters

More lists with this book...

Sheryl
Ever wanted to scream at the characters in a book (in a good way, of course) because you could SEE that they belonged together, yet they couldn't? That's how i felt reading Worth The Risk!

I could understand where Gracie was coming from; growing up in the foster care system, she had no choice but to learn to depend ONLY on herself and that opening you heart inevitably (in her life) meant dissapointment.

I also felt for Hunter, the middle Worth brother. He felt like he HAD to be like his older br
Terry
Hunter Worth lives life to the absolute fullest. As vice president and head of brand marketing for Worth Luxury Goods, he’s brought his family’s business firmly into the twenty-first century. Ruthless yet charming, he’s now set his sights on the sexiest member of the marketing team. First thing on his agenda? Seduction.

Gracie Hayes needs her job at Worth—and she’s not about to let the gorgeous owner and her direct boss distract her—again. Orphaned, and with a rough childhood behind her, she’s wo
Taryn at My Secret Romance

Reviewed by Nadine for My Secret Romance.

Gracie Hayes was abandoned as a child. Made a ward of the state and shuffled from foster home to foster home. She was forced to grow up quickly and take care of herself. Never having been loved or cared for by anyone, how could she put her trust in someone and love them? It was better to build a steel wall around her heart. If she never let anyone in, then she couldn't get hurt.

Hunter Worth is charming, handsome, powerful and rich. He is the VP and Head o
Sincere

Hunter worth is a charming billionaire.
He's a head of marketing at Worth Luxury Goods company.
He had never want to sleep with his employee.

But there's she is , Gracie Hayes
She is not only beautiful , sexy and gorgeous but also smart and work hard
Hunter couldn't take his eye off her.

Only one kiss (then she turned him down,Afraid of losing her job and her heart)
Their chemistry was sparked,
just wait for both of them to lose to this tempting sensation.

I love this book so much <3

I love all the
Amanda Sheila
Definitely not my favorite. I was expecting something boom-boom-pow with between Hunter and Grace.

I mean, in book one Hunter seems fun yet stern. But in this book he seems too soft. And I don't really like Grace's "hard to get" act.

The story itself is a bit confusing, to be honest. And I still think that Grace's grandma is awful. Even though she meant good but created a misunderstanding between Hunter and Grace? Not cool.

Major disappointment even though I did enjoyed it. Look forward to read
Donna
Hunter Worth the middle Worth brother and Marketing manager for the company is used to getting what he wants and what he wants is Gracie Hayes. Gracie wants, needs her job and it doesn't matter how sexy her boss Hunter Worth is she can’t go there. Hunter lives up to his name and pursues Gracie with every skill he has. Will it take almost losing everything for Gracie to give in?
Hunter can be charming. But I found him to be a bit too arrogant for me. Maybe Gracie will bring him down to earth.
Amy Shonk
I started this series a really long time ago with Worth the Scandal and I had really enjoyed the book. I have no idea why it took me so long to continue, but I am so glad that I did. Worth the Risk is simply about a woman (late 20s) who is successful in her career and at a moment of indiscretion makes out with her boss. Well, it's never that simple, is it? She then can't get him out of her mind and he can't get her out of his. There are ghosts from the past that are fighting against them along w ...more
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jul 04, 2012 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Contemp Romance Lovers
Hunter Worth is not used to being denied anything. From women to expensive cars, he likes to keep it loose and fast. Commitment is definitely not a word in his vocabulary or at least not when it comes to bed partners. What he is committed to is his work and the marketing team that is responsible for Worth Luxury flourishing into a new era. Hunter is determined to keep the company forging ahead and relies on his creative team to support that same goal. However, no one on his team is more brillian ...more
Heather in FL
Awww... another Worth boy falls hard. It's so fun to see the mighty fall, lol. I know it's a familiar theme in romance -- the man who swears no woman will ever hold his interest for the long haul -- but it's so much fun to see him fall so completely.

Hunter Worth is the second-in-command at Worth Luxury. He's the head of the marketing department. A few months ago, he enjoyed a few kisses with one of his employees, Gracie. Gracie grew up in foster homes and is truly a self-made girl, and she's bee
Nadine
Worth the Risk is the second book in the Worth It series. I love Hunter and Gracie together. You can feel the magnetism between them. But, as good as it may be between them, Gracie can't let her guard down. She was abandoned as a child. Went from foster home to foster home. She's had to take care and look out for herself because no one else did. She's never really been loved or cared for. She built this wall around her heart to protect it. She would like to have a loving relationship, but I don' ...more
Phuong
I really enjoyed reading this book and fell in love with Hunter Worth, the hero in book 2 of this series. Hunter is sexy, wealthy and has never chased after a woman, until now. He cannot forget Gracie Hayes after the passionate kiss they shared one drunken night over a month ago. Now, all he can think about as he locks eyes with her at his older brother's wedding is how to get Gracie into his bed. Gracie is having similar thoughts as she remembers that night. The sexual tension between them is s ...more
Guilty Pleasures
Amanda's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Worth the Risk is definitely worth picking up and reading the next story in the Worth It series. Karen Erickson’s second book is the story of Hunter Worth, the middle brother, and vice president and head of the brand marketing for Worth Luxury Goods. He’s got his eyes on one member of his team Gracie Hayes. He can’t seem to get her out of his mind the sexy encounter he had with her one day after drinks. She can’t seem to get Hunter out of her head either
Stephanie
Worth the Risk is book two in the Worth it series. I enjoyed every moment. I hated to see it end, but I desperately wanted to know how Gracie and Hunter would find their HEA.

Gracie is independent and never wants to get close to anyone, ever. Gracie's decisions to push Hunter away stem from her past. A few times I wanted to shake some sense into her. However, in her defense, I knew what was going on in Hunter's mind and how he felt about her. She didn't have that comfort so her hesitant behavior
The Smutty Kitty
As posted on The Smutty Kitty:

4 out of 5 Licks

This is the second book in the Worth It series. We get to know the middle Worth child, Hunter, a little better in this one. Hunter and Gracie hit it off hot and steamy right off the bat in this book but then they both try hard to stay away from each other. But a work trip unites them and allows up to see a softer side to Rhett, the youngest Worth brother-I can't wait for his book!! I seem to really enjoy books where the hero and heroine fight the obv
Linda Sims
HUNTER BY NAME, HUNTER BY NATURE

After downloading the first book in this series when it was free Worth the Scandal: Worth It: Worth It Series, Book 1. I decided to read the next book. This edition is about the next oldest brother Hunter Worth, head of brand marketing, at Worth luxury goods. Like all of the Worth brothers Hunter has a reputation with the ladies. Just like his two brothers he's tall dark and handsome, charismatic and charming generally gets him what he wants. Except Gracie Hayes.
Brandy Dorsch
I liked this book. It was a better read for me then the first Worth book. Hunter is an ass. He doesn't seem to see women as anything other then a distraction. Gracie is attracted to Hunter but knows his game and has no intention of losing her job, or her heart to someone she believes will not stay around. Having been abandoned all her life, she doesn't allow anyone to get close to her.

I think that Gracie needs some serious counseling but I can understand her reluctance with Hunter. She seemed wi
SERIESous Book Reviews
I definitely liked this one a touch more than the first one. I found that Gracie's character wasn't as wish-washy as Tessa (Tessa, in my opinion, confused me because she would think one thing then do another). Gracie was definitely more consistant in her consitution and delivery. I felt that her character background easily explained her actions and thoughts.

To be honest, I didn't really get their connection intially and even as I write this I'm not too sure what it would be other than a physical
Maxie
Worth the Risk by Karen Erickson

Gamble and be happy with the outcome by taking a risk or play it safe and forever wonder.

Worth the Risk penned by Karen Erickson is a moving and sometimes troubling love novel that takes the readers and its characters on a wild ride through the tunnel of love where it is dark and tempting.

Ms Erickson develops an intriguing story about two people who are afraid to gamble in the game of love because no one wants their heart crush and their world tumbling in a fatal
LJT
I am a huge Karen Erickson fan and I always look forward to reading her wonderful romance novels. This time I read Worth the Risk (Worth It), book two in the "Worth It" series. Although it is the second book in the series, it can easily be read as a stand-alone. These books are about the hardworking, yet wealthy lifestyle of the Worth brothers; Alex, Hunter and Rhett. This story is about Hunter, the gorgeous middle brother and successful businessman.

Hunter runs the marketing division of Worth In
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

The Worth brothers are well worth the read…pun intended. Book two in the Worth It series is just as steamy and hot as the first, Worth the Scandal. The chemistry between these two stubborn people was burning up my reader and I couldn’t wait for their amazing moments of weakness. I wasn’t kept waiting for long.

Hunter is simply an arrogant womanizing jerk. As the middle man in the trio of brothers, he plays the part well. He's jealous o
Jane
It's been a long time since I read something other than werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters, demons, angels, etc. This book was certainly a fresh start from me.

This book deals with a man who is too occupied with to work and perfection than to commit himself into a relationship, and a woman who will do anything, including quitting her amazing job, to avoid an relationship.

Yeah, you guessed it. They both have commitment issues. Needless to say though, professionally they work very well together.
Ashley Lovett anderson
How to make a strong man fall hard? Refuse him.
Worth It, Book 2

Gracie Hayes needs her job at Worth-and she's not about to let the gorgeous owner and her direct boss distract her-a
Gina
The Worth Brothers are sexy! Love the series. I struggled a bit with this book because while I understand Gracie had truly a hard knock life, her back and forth with Hunter annoyed me. Gracie worked so hard to become a success, but her indecision made her look like an idiot. I mean to waiver on Hunter once, maybe twice, ok.. but the whole book was this back and forth. Hunter was trying so hard and she rejected him so many times, I justed wanted to shake her and say "what the hell is wrong with y ...more
Deborah (LoveToReadRomance)
This is the second book in Ms. Erickson's Worth It series and I have to say this one is as good as the first one! I loved Alex's story in the first book Worth the Scandal. This one focuses on Hunter, the middle Worth brother. I fell for him at the very beginning, I had already made up my mind if Gracie didn't come to her senses before the end of the book I would take him off her hands!
Given the horrid childhood Gracie had I can't blame her for being so careful with her feelings, and I found mys
Shantaea
It was okay in beginning but i got cliche and absurd. Such as the scenes with the lost long grandma, if that was me in that situation i would tell that old lady that i don't know, she doesn't know me so back off.
Beth
Martha
The continuing adventures of the Worth brothers...this one about Hunter and the woman he realized he was falling for, Gracie. These two worked well together in the marketing department of his family's business. He worked hard like his brother, Alexander. Gracie was his best employee. On a trip to LA to the company's flagship store out west these two discover just how deep their feelings for each other really go. When they return to New York, Hunter thinks Gracie is keeping something from him and ...more
TinTin Kalaw
I get it on why Gracie never lets her defenses down but.. GAWD!! You see the man making all his efforts for her to feel loved and accepted and she pushes him away :/

Anyway, I love how the drama unfolded here. I mean, I'm at just about 30-40% of the book and the drama has just started pouring in up until the end of the book. I'm slightly saddened, though, that this one also ended with unwanted (yet wanted) pregnancy like the first book. It fits the plot but maybe something else could have happene
Joanne
Really good book, easy to get lost in the Worth men!
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • My Fair Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #1)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • Tempt Me Tonight
  • The Wrong Billionaire's Bed (Billionaire Boys Club, #3)
  • Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)
  • The Curvy Sister
  • Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3)
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family Series, #2)
  • Insatiable
  • Contract Of Shame (Unlikely Love #2)
  • In the End (Timing is Everything, #2.5)
  • Last Call
  • Just for Fun (Bradfords, #4)
  • Sam's Promise (Blackwater, #1)
3198951
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes new adult romance as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page:

More about Karen Erickson...

Worth It (4 books)
  • Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1)
  • Worth The Challenge (Worth It, #3)
  • Worth Everything (Worth It, #4)
Game for Marriage (Game for It, #1) Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1) Temporary Arrangement (The Renaldis, #0.5) Tempted by Her Boss (The Renaldis, #1) Game for Trouble (Game for It, #2)