Start by marking “Scott Pilgrim: Hodina slávy (Scott Pilgrim, #6)” as Want to Read:
Scott Pilgrim: Hodina slávy (Scott Pilgrim, #6)

Scott Pilgrim: Hodina slávy (Scott Pilgrim #6)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  29,830 Ratings  ·  1,120 Reviews
Konečně je to tady! Tomuhle epickému finále předcházelo pět dílů a téměř tisíc stran! Šest ze sedmi Ramoniných bývalých ďábelských kluků už Scott Pilgrim vyřadil ze hry a teď by se měl postavit tomu největšímu a nejobávanějšímu – Gideonu Gravesovi. Copak ho ale Ramona na konci pátého dílu neopustila? Nemělo by to znamenat, že má Scott konečně klid? Možná ano, možná ne, ale ...more
Published 2012 by BB art (first published July 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Scott Pilgrim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scott Pilgrim

Zoë
Jul 22, 2016 Zoë rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

What a satisfying ending to this series! The last fight was amazing and I love both the message that it sends and the character development (especially Knives's). Definitely recommend this series if you're just getting into graphic novels like me!
Alejandro
Final Level!

This is the sixth and final book (in a series of six) of “Scott Pilgrim” saga.

Creative Team:

Creator, writer and illustrator: Bryan Lee O’Malley

PILGRIM’S PATH COMES TO AN END

I don’t think I’m ready to be a grown-up.

I don’t think you are either, buddy. But hey, you’ll get it.

It just takes practice.

This final book was…

AWESOME!!!

Even I think that the art was even better (the artwork along the series was always good) but I don’t know it’s like the inking is better, the use of s
Aaron Vincent
Jul 25, 2010 Aaron Vincent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
10 Life Changing Lessons To Learn from Scott Pilgirm Series.

1. I'm pretty sure Ramona Flowers is related to Nymphadora Tonks.
2. Inventors needs to invent Subspace Highways. SOON.
3. Never ever date a chick with 7 evil ex-boyfriends.
4. But if she's so damn hot, just prepare your katana.
3. Lightsabers are out. Power of Love and Power of Understanding are in.
6. Sparkling bodies are lame. Glowing heads are epic.
7. Life isn't a matter of milestones, nor of moments but of XP's!!!
8. If your life had a f
Michael Finocchiaro
Ok, so there is some cool stuff here: closure on Kim, Envy and Knives and of course walking off with Ramona (duh, like we didn't know that was gonna happen). The battle with Gideon wasn't bad and the new band? Eh, I preferred Sex Bom-ombs or whatever it was called. Didn't see the point of that story arc I guess.

Overall, I give the Pilgrim series a 3.5 rounded up to 4. I am an old far so it was probably more of a 4.5 for the targeted Millennial audience. I am not completely out of it so I could a
Sridhar Reddy
1.5 stars. In the previous volumes of Bryan Lee O'Malley's Scott Pilgrim epic, there had been a buildup to a metaphysical / existential conclusion. Characters were floating in and out of a reality that was peppered with video game physics and razor-sharp wit, and it seemed natural that the final volume would be a collision of parallel worlds.

The finale, however, seems to play into a chaos-driven philosophy in explaining its logic. What seems to be intended as a post-modern foray into love, redem
Jim Ef
Jan 09, 2016 Jim Ef rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading Scott Pilgrim series
Enjoyment +3
Free time -1
Satisfaction +2
Reading challenge +6 ( can go to +8 with the two short stories )
Social life -2 ( worth it )

Now, this last volume it’s very different from all the others and is a roller coaster. You go from this
image: description
to this
image: description
Everyone have their own way of dealing with problems, but no matter what you do you can’t run forever. Here we have Ramona and Scott two people that so far were avoided their past mistakes. Now they both decide it’s ti
Carlos De Eguiluz
Ivan
Scott Pilgrim vs the movie.

Throughout the series I wasn't sure do I like movie or comic better.After I finished it I decided I like comic a lot more and that is saying something since I loved the movie.

Movie is like a compilation of most awesome Scott Pilgrim moments.Some events and dialogues where altered and some cut out but it's same kind of meta humor with lot of pop culture and gaming references.
I find comic better because there is lot more to it.Comic takes place over a course of a year an
Jeannette Nikolova
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

Finally writing this review!

I think Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour is a pretty good conclusion to the series. After the events of the last volume Scott hit rock bottom and his state was not much better at the beginning of this volume, not to mention that he was a total creep, especially with Knives.

The other thing, which I thought was cool, was the fact that things with Envy were resolved, as she was maybe the only villain/anti-hero that concluded their st
Lauren
Dec 19, 2016 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh...well that was pretty satisfying, although not quite as satisfying as I would have liked. Considering the huge build-up concerning Gideon, I thought his defeat was pretty anticlimactic :/

Nothing was ever really resolved concerning Kim which was a shame because I honestly think she was the best choice for Scott. There was a bit of closure for Scott and Envy which was nice and Ramona...well Ramona was her usual complex self. She literally disappeared in volume 5 and re-appeared in this one
J.G. Keely
Aug 03, 2010 J.G. Keely rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, reviewed
Hey, that was pretty good; much better than the rest, in any case. The new artists definitely helped. It's funny, but in all the reviews, no one ever mentions that Pilgrim hired Kantz and Ancheta, but then again, it's not like they get billing on the cover, which is a pretty disingenuous move by O'Malley: he brings in some talented artists and he gets all the credit.

I'm surprised that more people didn't recognize the change right away, there was a bigger art shift from vol 5 to 6 than from vol 1
Malbadeen
Aug 25, 2010 Malbadeen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm in a meeting and I'm bored so I thought you might like to know that I read this book and I thought it was loads of fun! Why 4 stars and not 5? Because like I said "I'm in a meeting" and meetings make me grumpy..
Chris
Jul 22, 2010 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sff, comics
Caroline
3.5ish out of 5

THIS is probably my least favourite of the six volumes which is a bit of a shame but I still enjoyed it so all good. I think I would have liked this a lot more had I not seen the movie before reading these because I spent the whole time comparing the final volume to the movie. Scott really annoyed me in this volume- normally I find him really cute and quirky but this time he was just annoying and selfish.

I liked getting more backstory for Ramona and Envy and stuff but it was stil
Brendon Schrodinger
So Scott saves the day and get's back his girl. Ho hum.

I just do not get the attraction to this series at all. Am I missing something? Did I not "get it"?

By the end of the series Scott is still the same annoying sponge that he started off as, but now he is in love. If the overall arc had him starting in the same position, finding love and fixing up his life a little more it would have been more readable. He did not mature at all throughout the series.

Even though I did not have to pay for these,
Jesse A
Mar 20, 2015 Jesse A rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A crazy fun end to a crazy series.
Andrew
Apr 01, 2017 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually enjoyed this series way more than I thought I would. I think the only downside to it was the constant use of the word "r*tarded", with hope the author's learned not to use it. I didn't notice it in another graphic novel I read by him so hopefully.
Samuel Ch.
Aug 02, 2016 Samuel Ch. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un capítulo que recupera todo el epicness de la saga. Scott Pilgrim es el héroe frente al enemigo múltiple: Sus emociones, sus recuerdos, su amor y su crecimiento como muchacho son los rivales en esta pelea que Gideon apenas condiciona.

Ramona vuelve a ser un foco de atención importante. Aunque el desarrollo de la pelea es extraño y desarticulado, la acción es buena, y los personajes se interpretan a sí mismos perfectamente, excepto quizá por Envy que aquí no tocaba nada y aparece continuamente c
Neil
Aug 13, 2010 Neil rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it's me. I should LOVE Scott Pilgrim. It's tailored to my demographic. I get all the references. It should be like my favorite Saturday morning cartoon grew up right alongside me and we can keep being awesome together forever.

That's what should happen, but O'Malley just can't stop crossing that line between 'clever' and 'precious', and there are just too many musicians for my taste.

So I guess Scott Pilgrim is like your favorite Saturday morning cartoon who you lost touch with, and then yo
karly
Apr 20, 2013 karly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Freaking best ending ever!! Hahahahaha love it love it love it so much. Especially when you've lost all hope for all your fave characters, Bryan Lee O'Malley just slaps you in the face with all that action love and omfg kick-ass kicking!

Wallace and Stephen are so adorable. And Knives, and Scott and Ramona and every one of em. Scott Pilgrim is one of the best comic franchise out there and if you haven't read even one of the 6 books dude you're lost.

It's a great escape from the real world! And don
Ben
Sep 18, 2010 Ben rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stars? Really? Maybe sometime later I'll settle Mr. Pilgrim's grand finale back down to a respectable three, but let me take a moment to defend the high praise: yes the Scott Pilgrim series is cute, hip, trendy, and full of the video game and bubblegum humor that my generation loves and may not weather well after a few decades. But there are things going on in these little books that cut deeper and glow brighter than all the the Double Dragon Meets Garden State glitter -- secret undercurren ...more
DJ
As if five stars wasn't as predictable as the sunrise.

I started this book off as a mess. Scott Pilgrim's world was upside down, horrible, and...I was a mess. It seemed everyone had left Scott behind. There was no more point to the story.

Except it was every point of the story. Scott had to fight for his life, not just against Gideon, the head Evil Ex who formed the League of the Seven Deadly Exes, he had to fight for his friends, for his passion, for Ramona.

In the movie, there is a moment wher
Jedi JC Daquis
Oh, I am definitely at the minority here. Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour is my least favorite volume in the series.

Before I get to this particular volume, let me say first that the whole Scott Pilgrim series is a very worthwhile read. There is nothing that is near it. The mashup of Japanese with western pop culture makes it unique. Bryan Lee O'Malley has definitely crafted a classic. The whole series is a four stars for me.

Now back with the final volume. The best I can say is that it is a fitting c
Sofia
Jan 16, 2011 Sofia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 20-somethings
Shelves: graphic-novels
Posted on my book blog.

The sixth and final installment of the Scott Pilgrim story feels quite a bit different from the rest of the volumes, in terms of the artwork, pacing, dialogues, and just the overall ambiance. It's not that it's bad - it just feels rather strange and a bit rushed.

Still, it's a great ending for a great series. It's a rather bittersweet coming of age for the all these 20-somethings, and a very honest, believable one at that. We get closure on most of the characters and relati
MacK
Aug 13, 2010 MacK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a tale of two readings:

The first time I read through Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour I went: "uhhh...really?" Underwhelmed, was an under statement. After building up potential conclusions for a year in my own mind, after imagining and re-imagining the deeper meanings O'Malley explored in this post-pop-modern-culture saga of romance and generational angst, I felt let down.

Then I realized: "oh...I was expecting WAY too much from a fun comic book series". And so in my second, third and four
Megan
Jul 30, 2010 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before my my 34th birthday last week I joked with my BF that all I wanted was a box of Lotte Choco-Pies and a couple of comic books. But actually that really was all I wanted, and Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour was on the list.

The final installment in the series (on which the major motion picture is based) is predictably fun and irreverent, predictably packed with satisfying references to manga and videogames and the delightful ennui of generation whatever. What I did not predict was how profoundl
Nicolo Yu
Feb 01, 2014 Nicolo Yu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
My Scott Pilgrim reread ends with the sixth volume. O'Malley concludes his epic the way one completes a video game: a final boss battle. That, and life lessons that Pilgrim has to learn before his ultimate encounter with Gideon, Ramona's final evil ex.

The entire Scott Pilgrim series has been a great ride. I still remember when I read it first a few years ago, it was a rollicking read, just it is now. It also helped restore my real image of the Scott Pilgrim, which lately has been influenced by t
Mohammed
Sep 24, 2015 Mohammed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final book in the Scott pilgrim series and it was AMAZING! The final fight was EPIC! Bryan lee o'malley does it again and delivers and an epic volume. The artwork was BRILLIANT , the characters were FANTASTIC and full of HUMOR. But I felt that the plot was kind of rushed and I wish the Bryan would've taken a bit more time to explain what was happening. But overall I LOVED this volume so much and I thought it was AMAZING! I'm literally going to miss this series so much and it will have always ...more
J.
Jul 20, 2010 J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a time when so many people misunderstand how to end things (I'm looking at you, Lost production team), it's nice to see that someone gets it. It isn't just a good ending, it's perfect. As always, the highlights to me are the awareness that O'Malley has of his genre, and the willingness to subvert the reality he works so hard to establish. For each decade there is a fictional character that absolutely embodies the spirit of that time, and Scott IS the first decade of the 2000's, even to the ve ...more
Nicole Bugueño
Dec 25, 2015 Nicole Bugueño rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2015, ebook
Leído en Diciembre del 2015

Porfín terminé Scott Pilgrim!

La película me encanta, y siempre quise leer los comics, me demore por que siempre se me olvidaba leerlos haha.
Me encantó <3
Class of 2013: scott pilgrim 4 16 Mar 27, 2013 06:44PM
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: True Believers (Runaways, #4)
  • Fables, Vol. 10: The Good Prince
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
  • Essex County, Vol. 2: Ghost Stories
  • Hit-Girl
  • Chew, Vol. 4: Flambé
  • Phonogram, Vol. 2: The Singles Club (Phonogram, #2)
  • Dr. Horrible and Other Horrible Stories
  • Hawkeye, Volume 2: Little Hits
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Last Gleaming (Season 8, #8)
Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is best-known for the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to 2010). All of his Scott Pilgrim graphic novels were published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and forme ...more
More about Bryan Lee O'Malley...

Scott Pilgrim (6 books)
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 2: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 3: Scott Pilgrim & The Infinite Sadness
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 4: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 5: Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe

“Do you want to have sex? I think we should have sex. CASUAL sex.” 38 likes
“Scott: I don't think I'm ready to be a grown-up.
Kim: I don't think you are either, buddy. But hey, you'll get it. It just takes practice.”
36 likes