Start by marking “The Fabric Selector: The Essential Guide to Working with Fabrics, Trimmings and Notions” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"This book is a brilliant reference guide for any sewist, covering hundreds of different types of fabric. It gives a general introduction to each fabric covering the origins and where you are likely to find it. It then describes the fabric properties, along with any special considerations you need to be aware of before using that fabric. Then you get advice on how to handl ...more
Paperback
Published 2012 by Murdoch Books Australia (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Fabric Selector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fabric Selector

Brittany
The Easter Bunny brought me this book this weekend and, ooooh, am I excited about it! Dana is a talented seamstress/crafter, such a good writer, and has such a fun personality, as you know if you read her blog MADE (at DanaMadeIt.com). This is her first book. It's a reference book, but I plan to read it cover-to-cover. When I'm finished with it I'll let you know how awesome it is.

Update: Yes, it was awesome. I loved the clean organization and writing, all the tips and uses for various fabrics, a
Vicky
Seems like a handy guide, although I have nothing to compare it to. I like that it is small enough to be portable. I also liked the info at the end about things like sewing needles. Very helpful. There were a few instances where I wish she would have defined a term she used, but for the most part I found it to be a helpful book from which I learned a lot that I didn't know before.
Michael
Concise but helpful guide to various types of fabrics and how to sew with them. The photography is well done and very useful, which is important for a book of this type since you can't actually hold the fabrics in your hand. Kudos to the author for highlighting the environmental impact of various fabrics and their methods of production.
Topaz

Great refferance book to have on my library shelf at home.
Rebecca
Good information for the beginning sewer.
Celeste
this is a GREAT resource!
Shivani Prajapati
Shivani Prajapati marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Alexia
Alexia marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Maria Masood
Maria Masood marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Vino
Vino marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Hillary Wehrle
Hillary Wehrle marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Bhagyashree Rathi
Bhagyashree Rathi marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Tejal
Tejal marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Vasanti Shetty
Vasanti Shetty marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Abba Houlà
Abba Houlà marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Ezee
Ezee marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Edwina Bannerman
Edwina Bannerman marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Marlene Laar
Marlene Laar marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Slava
Slava marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Marie-Élise
Marie-Élise marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Dianna
Dianna marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014