Start by marking “Tiger Mine” as Want to Read:
Tiger Mine

Tiger Mine

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  410 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Licking her wounds after ending a six-year marriage to a serial cheating husband, Julia has run away to her grandfather's house high in the Australian Mountains, hoping to fix the old neglected building up while she contemplates her future, only to discover a huge white Siberian tiger on her door step.

Tiger shifter Mohan has escaped, jumped ship and is in hiding from the h
Published April 21st 2012 by Rogue Phoenix Press (first published April 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tiger Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger Mine

Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
All you need to know:

I'm squicked out.

Aside from the whole "Pussy eating Pussy" thing (I just had to skim and pretend it wasn't happening), this was a pretty good BBW/shifter romance. It was a good length, just long enough to not feel rushed. There was a nice suspenseful conflict, the heroine was likable (if a little too trusting) and the hero was sweetly alpha (despite his down-and-out circumstances).

The emotional connection between the H/h could have been better fleshed out, and after the fir
Emily
Julia is in desperate need of a new start, heading to her grandfathers house in the Australian Mountains seems like the ideal choice for a fresh beginning. What she finds is a house in need of repair, a Siberian tiger who thinks he is her pet, and a man looking for work who she believes would never be interested in her.

Mohan escaped barely with his life from hunters who had no qualms killing fellow shifters for the game of the hunt. Being in Julia's company is probably not the smartest thing he
Molly
May 21, 2012 Molly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly by: Goddess Fish Promotions
Okay, so those who know me, know I love a good paranormal romance. I've read about vampires, werewolves and werehounds so far, but this is my first weretiger book, and I fell in love! Not only is the cover to die for, the story within is just as captivating! The characters are wonderful and the plot line is gripping.

Mohan is a Siberian Tiger Shifter, and he's living in an abandoned farm house. He's seeking shelter there after escaping people whom set out to kill him, and those around him. When h
Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
Solid 3.5 stars.

Good, short read. Mohan is a Russian Tiger shapeshifter and Julia is a divorced, plus size woman trying to make a life after finding out her husband was a serial cheater.

It's sweet really. I mean the bad guys are there and you know their stories enough so that you really don't like them but the focus is well and truly the developing relationship between Mohan and Julia. You truly believe they fall in love which makes the story such a good feel story. And while there are a lot of
Clarke
Aug 27, 2012 Clarke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, para, rereadable
Loved it. Had a bit of everything you could want. Hot man with a sad past. Kind women looking for love. Good sex and dangerous men. Plus a happy ending.
Brandi Shaffer
*WARNING*:I think everyone needs to be warned that this book has bestiality in it! Numerous times the hero has oral sex with the heroin while in animal form. Some people may not be ok with this. I was slightly uncomfortable with all of the scenes related to bestiality but I just ignored them.

The rest of the book was written very well. I love the characters and how they grow closer and their relationship builds. I also like how we get to see the epilogue of how things turned out for them three y
Wren
Jul 30, 2014 Wren rated it it was amazing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is the best werecat book I have ever read.

This is the book I have been looking for ever since my love of shapeshifters was born. It has everything anyone could be looking for in a paranormal romance: Relatable, fleshed out characters, HOT HOT HOT sex scenes, just the right amount of action, and awesome accents! This was such a fantastic reading experience and I absolutely loved every step of the way.

Julia is a very relatable character with flaws everyone can empathize with. She's a recent
The_Book_Queen

Originally posted on TBQ's Book Palace
~*~*~*~

I can remember the last book that I stayed up all night to read. And the reason I can remember that is not only because, obviously, it was an amazing book that I loved, but mainly because it was years ago. Yep, years. Harry Potter 7 was the last book that upon starting it that night/morning (I was at the midnight release party for it), I could not sleep and let the book wait until daylight. I didn't quiet make it all the way through before I had to
Dolce Amore
Jul 30, 2012 Dolce Amore rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Booked Up

To See Review at Booked Up

Since divorcing her cheating husband after six years of marriage and having enough of the pitying look in her friends' eyes and the continued condemnation from her mother, Julia Cooper wants a quiet place where she can decide what she will do from now on. So she goes to the old farmhouse up in the Snowy Mountain Ranges left to her by her grandfather.

But, the place isn't empty; tiger shifter Mohan hides there. And when she sees that the huge tiger,
Charlie Lepelletier
Mar 05, 2013 Charlie Lepelletier rated it really liked it
Okay so i have to admin that well..... I LOVED IT! It may not of been written the best but i loved the context! I liked how you got to see things from both character as well, Julia is a great character at first she comes of as shy and self conscious but then BOOM! She comes flying out of her skin into a assertive but she still has her sensitive and she when she cried i related with her and in her position i would of cried to. Well what do i say about Mohan HOT! And even after all that has happen ...more
Ceron
Mar 11, 2014 Ceron rated it it was amazing
This book had me so captivated I could hardly put my kindle down. I've always loved shifters but this book just took my breath away. In fact it's so good that I have already recommended it to my friend, who I know will enjoy it as much as I have and I hope you do to if you are lucky enough to read it.
Lyndi
Mar 29, 2013 Lyndi rated it really liked it
I skimmed over the sex scenes after reading the first couple... there was a lot of sex, it seemed. Otherwise, I really liked this book. I don't really have any complaints. Weird, eh? I think the number of sex scenes would be fine for most people that enjoy this type of PNR, but I'm exhausted and am fantasizing about my bed too much to enjoy it. But I was so into the book that I was willing to lose some sleep in order to finish it by skimming the final sex scenes.

I was pleased to find a tiger shi
Lisa
Very enjoyable easy/fast read about a Russian white tiger shifter and yes hes got a cute accent. This is a sweet love story with a little suspense at the very end. The story also has a great epilogue which shows their HEA. Mohan even has some interesting markings on his body that I really loved - not something you normally see in shifter stories.

Sex Scene Info :
6 scenes give or take of regular sex. The author varies it, never gets boring in fact its never the same any time. There's light bonda
Omega696
Jun 20, 2014 Omega696 rated it really liked it
Mohan was a sweetheart. Also I liked Julia, she was cute and strong at the same time. Their relationship was great.

Aside from some angsty past, it was a sweet romance.
Ana
Apr 27, 2015 Ana rated it liked it
Tam B.
Jul 29, 2012 Tam B. rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. I liked that the couple whilst having an attraction to each other actually got to know one another before their HEA so it felt believable rather than sex masquerading as a relationship.

I liked the development of our leading lady and how she came into her own.

The bad guys were a little extreme but given they didn't have a lot of page time, it didn't impact that much.

Overall an entertaining read.
Ashley
Aug 10, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing
BAHAHAHAHAH This book was hilarious too me ! who the hell just lets a TIGER for god sakes into their home and makes it a pet ?! lmfao okay but other than that ridiculousness it was a really good book ! the russian accent was very funny to read. I'm a sucker for a hot man with a accent. The realtor was such a creep, so was the mother ! I give this one 4.5 stars !
Jessica Gomez
Nov 20, 2015 Jessica Gomez rated it it was ok
This is a tiger shifter erotic romance. Where the heroine is a plus sized woman who just had a divorce. Two and a half to three stars. I was stuck. When an authour keeps pushing the accent writing in the story it turns me off. There were times also in the story that his accent wasn't written whe he was talking. It got annoying. The sex was hot though.
Ladymcbeth
Mar 20, 2013 Ladymcbeth rated it really liked it
Mohan ... I love this name and it's great for a white tiger.

The story is good but it's very difficult nowadays to believe the heroin is not freaking out more when she sees the tiger... or even the guy.
The end was a little to fast too.

But great sex scenes
Jessica
May 10, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it.

I loved this book, the story line and everything. I'd rate it for 18+ though. I hope there is a second book.
ValerieC
Lovely short novel about two damaged people who heal each other. And, it has suspense and action along with the smex. I loved it. Wish this was a series.
Madeleine
Aug 18, 2014 Sherri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-owned
Loved it!!!!
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Jac Nielson
Jac Nielson rated it it was ok
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
  • Utter Domination
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • Tiger Time (Alaskan Tigers, #1)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Sharp Change (Black Meadow Pack, #1)
  • A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • Lion Time (Shifting Crossroads, #2)
  • Waking the Beast (Awakening Pride, #1)
  • Oriana and the Three Werebears
  • Mated to the Devil
  • I Hear Voices (The Dragos Clan, #1)
  • Ryland (Golden Streak, #1)
  • Perfumed Heat (Heat, #1)
  • Born of Stone (Gargoyle Masters, #1)
  • Forced By A Werewolf
I am a full time mother and part time writer. I live in a small country town in Victoria Australia. I have been writing ever since I learned to read, and almost endlessly drifting off into the fantasy world of my imagination.

Thankfully, I have a great group of supporting writer friends; a husband and three; currently small children who help keep me grounded.

When I’m not day dreaming of creating ne
More about Angela Castle...