The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket

The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Introducing the lifesaving cookbook for every mother with kids at home—the book that solves the 20 most common cooking dilemmas. What’s your predicament: breakfast on a harried school morning? The Mom 100’s got it—Personalized Pizzas are not only fast but are nutritious, and hey, it doesn’t get any better than pizza for breakfast. Kids making noise about the same old lunch...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Workman Publishing Company

Lori
The homemade granola recipe in this book is delicious! I've already made it twice. (I used dried apricots, apple juice sweetened cranberries, coconut and pecans.)

Seemed like a nice, practical cookbook from what I could determine. I only had a two week checkout from the library, and I was out of town for most of it, so I will definitely check it out again to see if there are any other good recipes. It also passed the "must have great photos" test.
Darren
If you are not a mother (or mom, to use the American parlance) you might be forgiven for ignoring this book when browsing the mass of books in the cookery aisle at a bookstore. That could be a bit of a mistake...

Billed as a book featuring a hundred recipes that every mother would need for weekday meals, it is fair to say that the recipes could equally be suitable for everyone else too. Good, simple, tasty recipes that don't require a lot of planning. What more could you want? As per the book's b...more
These recipes are sound, but the book wasn't really for me. Basically, it's 100 family-friendly recipes, with variations for picky eaters, etc.

The recipes are indeed all family-friendly, but if you're an experienced cook, you probably already know how to make mac-and-cheese, chocolate cake and bruschetta. Some of the things didn't really require a recipe (fruit kabobs?). And the downside of some of these is that they take long - she does highlight those recipes by telling us to make them on a Su...more
Jenny
Sep 20, 2012 Jenny marked it as to-read
"I promise, honey, I'm NOT going to buy any more cookbooks!"
Okay, I lied.
I found this at the library (see, I tried! I went to the library to borrow it!), and I just HAVE to make this mine. I must own it.

The recipes aren't super ground-breaking, but she does a great job showing you how to IMPROVISE when you don't have all the right ingredients on-hand. That is what I need--to learn how to improvise, because I'm not good at straying from recipes when an ingredient is missing from my kitchen.

So t...more
Kristina
Great photos in this cookbook. But I didn't find many "new" recipes that I would use.
Cindy Hudson
For many moms coming up with ideas for meals, then cooking them, can be one of the most frustrating things about family life. Even moms who love to cook may not feel there’s enough time to put healthy, tasty food on the table day after day and night after night. The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket comes to the rescue. Author Katie Workman, founding editor in chief of Cookstr.com, has written a cookbook that can help moms consistently serve food their families wil...more
Diane
Subtitled 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket Solutions For All The Cooking-For-Two-Kids Dilemmas That Everyone Faces Every Day (whew- that is a mouthful!), this is a well-organized book filled with solutions to moms' problems.

Every mom wants to feed her children healthy, home-cooked meals, and Workman's book can help with that often-overwhelming process. She starts with basic information, like 5 Basic Tips for Getting Your Kids to Eat More Things, and 17 Amazing Ingredients, olive oi...more
Gail Luther
I am trying to up my game in fixing meals and I really like this cookbook. They are down-to-earth simple recipes and the Hot Fudge Sauce, alone was worth the price of the book.
Emily Tandy
Decent basic cookbook. I like the variations given for picky eaters.
Monique
Workman has a sense of humor and has definitely served time as a mom. The dilemmas are real-life issues and the solutions are straight forward (also easy to execute). The "fork in the road", side notes and family commentary all made me laugh out loud. Reads more like a comedy novel then a cookbook which was a plus to me. However, some of the recipes won't work for my picky eaters...I'm trying a few anyway (somebody will eat it right?). The subtitle is perfect - 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her...more
Julie
A good cookbook for busy parents who want to share a variety of nutritious but kid-friendly foods that are straightforward to cook. The one-pot brownies are fantastic (I still want to try them with dark cocoa powder, too!) The lentil and tomato soup is the next on my list to try.

Usually I prefer to borrow cookbooks from the library, but I am considering buying this one.
Denise
I loved this book! So many good recipes, with so many good suggestions! This book is very reader friendly, not too fancy, like some cookbooks seem to be, with ingredients you can't easily find. The author understands being a time-constrained mom with hungry,picky kids. I borrowed this one from the library, but I plan on buying my own book soon.
Becky
Miso cod fingers.. uh, yeah, my kids will eat that! There are a few good tips in this book, but definitely not what I was hoping for. I guess when it is labeled "mom" I expect something more than just normal recipes. Definitely not "life saving" as the description says.
Carrilyne
Picked this up at my kids book fair! Its awesome! As a mom who has been cooking for kids for the past 11 years this still had great ideas tips and of course 100 awesome recipes! She is funny are so realistic!
Michelle
I love this cookbook and love that I found it at the Scholastic Book Fair! I enjoy Katie Workman's easy style and how the book is arranged in sections is a huge help.
Lia
I use this book at least twice a month. Love the recipes. I'm eating the One Skillet Cheesy Beef and Macaroni as a leftover for lunch today. Yum.
Tricia
I thought for sure this would be super handy...not so much in my opinion. I pulled a couple of possible recipes and that's about it.
Rachel
Good ideas for easy, practical, kid-friendly meals. I checked it out from the library, but I think it's going on my Christmas list!
Catherine
Worth checking out from the library for a recipe or two but I probably wouldn't buy it. The kids liked the chicken teriyaki skewers.
Jessica Liew
Good ideas for approaching family meals. Lots of variations to accommodate picky eaters and siblings who don't like the same things.
Annie B
Good for someone looking who is just learning to cook and wants some basic family friendly recipes. Good snack ideas.
Keira Georgiopoulos
Logical & amusing. Only bits about food sensitivity; no major recipes for WF, GF, DF but that's ok.
Micki Sanchez
a few helpful recipes... very practical. Good pictures and organized well for busy mamas.
Tanya
I like it, but my kids won't eat a single recipe that I've seen in her book. :(
Terry
Did not cover much new ground here. I already have versions of most of the recipes.
Michelle

Enjoyed many of these recipes and so did the fussy kids.
Love this cookbook and working my way through it.
Adrianamae
cked out in library and was not impressed.
Mary Taylor
Really good basic cookbook for everyone
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
The Mom 100 Cookbook Sampler Everyday Thai Cooking: Quick & Easy Family Style Recipes Away for the Weekend with Kids! New York Everyday Thai Cooking: Quick and Easy Family Style Recipes