Start by marking “The International Baccalaureate: The International Baccalaureate Program (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:

"An international education must go well beyond the provision of information and is involved in the development of attitudes and values which transcend barriers of race, class, religion, gender or politics." —International Baccalaureate Organization Subject Guide (1996). It is my belief that any education that does not unite the nations of the world in a common endeavour i ...more
Published March 4th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The International Baccalaureate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The International Baccalaureate

Uvi Poznansky
Jul 28, 2014 Uvi Poznansky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a well thought out essay, delivered in a clear, conversational manner, presenting the International Baccalaureate, IB for short, which is nonprofit educational foundation, and its program, which was introduced worldwide at an international school in Wuxi, China. The mission is to create learners, starting at an early age, and prepare them for not only for college, but for a lifelong journey of learning. The focus is on creating “world citizens.”

Beyond enjoying the easy to grasp discours
Elias Zapple
Jul 26, 2014 Elias Zapple rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another well-researched book by Thomas Jerome Baker. It's always wise to write about what you know and Thomas Jerome Baker, being an educator, certainly does so. He's written a very informative piece that will prove to be an excellent resource for any parent/student considering the International Baccalaureate program. I myself along with Clyde the Slug did also consider entering. Thomas Jerome Baker provides an objective piece, looking at the pros and cons and giving the reader all the necessary ...more
Amy
Nov 06, 2013 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: education
I was disappointed with this book. I was expecting a much more comprehensive read. It consisted of a few case studies and overviews of those schools that are using the IB system. It had some graphs and statistics here and there but overall I wasn't too impressed. The IB system is super interesting idea and yet I finished reading the book and felt like I still didn't quite get what exactly goes on in the schools. There were many quotes from educators and administrators. I think it would have been ...more
Gale Stanley
Jul 28, 2014 Gale Stanley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After putting three children through the school system, I’m now watching them navigate the waters with my grandchildren. This is a wonderful book for parents as well as educators. After all, our mission is the same – to inspire a love of learning as early as possible and create a population of world citizens. Thomas Baker has a real passion for education and it shows in all his writing. Highly recommended.
Stefania Mattana
The International Baccalaureate is an interesting view above a new way to proceed with your educational career.
If you're still in the educational path or are evaluating the idea of coming back to school this is a good book to open your range of possibilities. Plus, it's well written, clear and compelling. It flows with absolutely no problems.
Sheryl Seal
Jul 30, 2014 Sheryl Seal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The International Baccalaureate: by Thomas Jerome Baker is an excellent book to prepare for a journey in education.
I have found all the information in this book very informative.
Thomas Jerome Baker has done his research and this book proves just how much we need this information in this day and age and as a parent of six, I am glad to have this valuable information at my fingertips.
Normandie Alleman
As someone who has young and middle-school aged children I found this book to be a helpful resource when considering the IB program at our high school. Baker provided the information I was looking for, and I liked the case studies. The author's passion for education is refreshing, and I appreciated his perspective. Would definitely recommend this valuable resource!
Darrin Mason
Jul 28, 2014 Darrin Mason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for the school curriculum, as opposed to perhaps a read at home book, The International Baccalaureate has been written by a learned Professor whose wisdom, to my knowledge, is unmatched (certainly unsurpassed). 80+ pages of wonderful information and one of many books by this particular author that prove his ability to share his knowledge well.
Claudia Fitzwater
If you have no idea about IB programs this is the book for you

The book is really basic and explains in a general way the fundamentals of the IB programs. It also gives relevant data about the program, study cases at different schools as well as interviews and IB schools in different countries.
Christoph Fischer
“The International Baccalaureate: The International Baccalaureate Program: Education With A Global Perspective “ by Thomas Jerome Baker was recommended to me by a friend. It gives a great insight into further education and the history and results of IB. Very informative.
Hunter Jones
Sep 01, 2014 Hunter Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please see my review on Amazon.com.
Jonny Bell
Jonny Bell rated it it was amazing
Melinda Kinsman
Melinda Kinsman rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2014
Jennifer Theriot
Jennifer Theriot rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2014
Giovanni V.
Giovanni V. rated it it was amazing
Giovanni V.
Giovanni V. rated it it was amazing
Sue Holmes
Sue Holmes rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2015
Sabrina Devonshire
Sabrina Devonshire rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2012
Bridgitte Lesley
Bridgitte Lesley rated it it was amazing
Andrew Johnston
Andrew Johnston rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2016
James Chalk
James Chalk rated it it was amazing
James Chalk
James Chalk rated it it was amazing
Barbie Herrera
Barbie Herrera rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Brandt
Brandt rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
Morgan Wyatt
Morgan Wyatt rated it it was amazing
Taylor Fulks
Taylor Fulks rated it it was amazing
Angel Sefer
Angel Sefer rated it it was amazing
Blakely Bennett
Blakely Bennett rated it it was amazing