Start by marking “Love Chosen (The Fae Dragon Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Chosen (The Fae Dragon Chronicles, #1)

Love Chosen (The Fae Dragon Chronicles #1)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
For millennia, dragon and fae have peacefully co-existed, but the fae themselves have lived segregated and very different lives. Now a malevolence threatens to separate them all permanently. Can a Queen's guard and a rebellious outlaw join forces to defeat this common enemy? Tyler's touch sparks fierce desire, drawing Issie to him, but she despises his way of life and all ...more
Published March 2012 by Crescent Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Chosen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Chosen

Grammy 1
Aug 14, 2012 Grammy 1 rated it really liked it
This novel, the Fae Dragon Chronicle, Book 1, Love Chosen was a very pleasant surprise. When you do reviews, you sometimes get a misconception of what a book will be like. Fantasy can branch out into so many different directions, it is hard to know what to expect. Ms. Kirk has taken this genre and combined just the right mix of fantasy, mystery, and romance, to make a truly interesting story for all genre fans.

We find a world of Fae that live in a caste system. They are ruled by Queen Morgana an
Home. Love. Books.
Aug 11, 2012 Home. Love. Books. rated it it was amazing
To read this review and more like it check out my site www.ufreviews.com

This is definitely a book that is more a high fantasy romance than anything else. I am a reader who can really enjoy a well written high fantasy, but often times for me they feel more stiff than anything else and aren't character driven enough for me. This book is the perfect blend of high fantasy themes, character driven plot, and exciting romance.

The book has a lot of bittersweet moments, and a lot of separation both in
Kim K
Oct 19, 2012 Kim K added it
This was a great novel! I truly enjoyed it and recommend it!
Louann Carroll
Jul 25, 2012 Louann Carroll rated it it was amazing
I've never read fantasy before. So I was surprised when I was able to jump right in without a problem. Kirk draws you in by creating a fantasy world that is also believable!

Dragons and Fae co-exist peacefully. At least until an evil presence threatens to undo all that has been done. They are a segregated society and prefer it that way. (Shades of a society we all can recognize.)

Tyler, the Queen's guard, is drawn to Issie and she to him. Can two such entities find love in such a world?

Well they d
Lynn Rush
Jul 30, 2012 Lynn Rush rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Wow. I'm not one to read a ton of fantasy, but oh my word, I'm glad I read this one. It took me but a day to finish it I was so engrossed in this story. Fantastic characters, great love story. I was right there with the emotions of each of the characters, and that's just what I like about a story. Can't wait to see what happens next!! :)
Brent
Oct 07, 2012 Brent rated it really liked it
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I enjoyed reading Love Chosen and recommend anyone who enjoys fantasy romance stories to read this book. I thought that the world and characters were interesting and well written. I won't spoil the story but I can say that I really enjoyed it.
Christina Boulard
Sep 10, 2012 Christina Boulard rated it liked it
Shelves:
I LOVED the first half of Love Chosen. Sadly, the second half had big shoes to fill...and while it was okay, it fell kind of flat.

Issie is a great character. She's strong and smart and kicks serious ass.
Tyler, on the other hand, felt forced to me. I didn't feel the chemistry that was supposed to be between he and Issie.
And the sex scenes--which are VERY graphic--were also VERY cheesy, rushed and unrealistic.

Okay, now that THAT'S out of the way, I'll get to the good bits!

Ms. Kirk's Fae Dragon wor
Jackie
Dec 12, 2012 Jackie rated it really liked it
This was a terrific book one of this series. I can’t wait to read more about Issie and Tyler. The story flows very good for a fantasy romance. The world that Marne Ann Kirk creates is vivid and believable. It could definitely be a world we could just wander into. The surroundings are described so beautifully that I wish I was a character in this book. The descriptions of the dragons and the magic are reminiscent to worlds built by Tolkien and Rowling. Love Chosen‘s love story is also a phenomena ...more
Jessica
Oct 17, 2012 Jessica rated it it was ok
Shelves: two-stars
If you like happily ever after fairy tales, then this is the book for you! The "sassy rebel" virgin is able to get the handsome misogynist classist warrior to at the very least change his views of her, if not for the general population of "whore-maids" thru out the first half of the book. The book had real potential to be a mind bender half-way thru with the introduction of Anshere and his urging to trump evidence, but alas took the safer route. All in all not a bad book, just not a great one. L ...more
Theresa Rizzo
Aug 04, 2012 Theresa Rizzo rated it it was amazing
Marne Ann Kirk's debut book is a wonderful, entertaining read!
I loved Issie and Tyler story and loved the Dragon's whole integration into the fantasy world! Issie's dragon, Fendera, was an enchanting blend of friend/mentor/pet I thoroughly enjoyed their affectionate relationship. Ms Kirk did a wonderful job of immediately drawing me into this fantasy world and keeping me vested and entertained. This is the first in a series and I can't wait to pick up the next one and see where Tyler and Issie
Casea Major
Sep 09, 2012 Casea Major rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. The characters were quirky and vivid. The world was well established and the plot was in interesting balance of action/adventure/myster/romance.

I loved the concept of the division of fae classes between magical/non-magical. It establishes lots of great conbflict and tension.

The chemistry between the hero and heroine is wonderful fun. I loved seeing the snobby Tyler go slumming with the freespirited idealistic Issie. If you love Fantasy Romance with rich world building and a
Jennifer Wells
May 04, 2012 Jennifer Wells rated it it was amazing
Dragons and majical fae are only the start of the many things to love about Love Chosen. The romance between Issie and Tyler was so hot it practically fried the circuits of my ebook reader! *fans self*

Not only is the kingdom in turmoil because of long-standing prejudices, but a new danger comes forward that threatens the dragons and fae alike. The high stakes in Marne’s story kept me turning pages late into the night… just one more chapter… and then another…

I can’t wait for the next book in thi
Lynsey
Feb 11, 2013 Lynsey rated it liked it
I really wanted to love Love Chosen. I ordered the book online after it was recommended to me and thought 'great, this exactly my kind of book'. While I didn't love this novel, I still found it to be an enjoyable read, if but a little hard to finish. The characters are likeable in their own way and Kirk should be commended for breathing life into this world of majic, fae, dragons and romance. Regardless of my mixed feeling, I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Lisa Potocar
Jul 12, 2012 Lisa Potocar rated it it was amazing
A moving love story mixed with suspense and set amid a very different twist on dragons and faes. The author transports us nicely into her backdrop of fantasy and keeps us on the edge of our seats with murder and mayhem. I can't wait to read the next story in Marne Ann Kirk's series: The Fae Dragon Chronicles!
Conny Lenz
Feb 23, 2013 Conny Lenz rated it really liked it
Well written and very compelling, I couldn't put it down. The characters were well developed and easy to relate to, drawing of even more into the book. I can't wait for the next one!
Patty
Sep 17, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
looks and sounds awesome cant wAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT...
Stephanie Williams
Apr 28, 2013 Stephanie Williams rated it it was amazing
Really luved this hook can't wait to read the next one
Jennifer Nichols
May 13, 2012 Jennifer Nichols rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! Got really into it and couldn't put it down!
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Casie Wideman
Casie Wideman marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Ruman
Ruman marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Rob
Rob added it
Jul 11, 2016
Julz
Julz rated it did not like it
Jul 04, 2016
Eric Wright
Eric Wright marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Adele Malpas
Adele Malpas marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Leo Laursen
Leo Laursen marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Cole Bradshaw
Cole Bradshaw marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Mary Emmanuelle LLenos
Mary Emmanuelle LLenos marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Princess
Princess marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
  • Panthan's Crucible (Panthan, #1)
  • Bite
  • Hell Hounds Are For Suckers (Vampires of San Francisco, #2)
  • Blood Double (God Wars, #1)
  • Primitive Instincts
  • The Encounter (Boreal and John Grey, #1)
  • Bring It Home (Midwestern Shapeshifter #2)
  • Circe's Recruits: Derrick
  • Below (Interstellar, #3)
  • Running Wild (Zombie Games, #2)
  • Trinity:  Heart of the Shifters (Denver Pack, #9)
  • The Alpha (Vanguards, #2)
  • The Care and Feeding of Griffins (Lords of Arcadia, #1)
  • Broken Prince (The Broken Ones, #2)
  • Darkness Comes This Way (The Guardians of the Night, #1)
  • Falling for an Angel
  • Savior (The Inteli #1)
  • Semester Aboard (More than Magic, #1)
Marne Ann Kirk grew up wild, running and exploring the vast high deserts and mountains of Idaho, Montana, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado as a child. She loved making up stories and, well, lied about just about everything. Thankfully, she grew out of the lying stage...now she calls it story-telling.

If she wasn't making her own adventures, she was reading. Life, and the need to eat, got in the way of
More about Marne Ann Kirk...

The Fae Dragon Chronicles (3 books)
  • Love Dared