Love Chosen (The Fae Dragon Chronicles, #1)

Love Chosen (The Fae Dragon Chronicles #1)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  18 reviews
For millennia, dragon and fae have peacefully co-existed, but the fae themselves have lived segregated and very different lives. Now a malevolence threatens to separate them all permanently. Can a Queen's guard and a rebellious outlaw join forces to defeat this common enemy? Tyler's touch sparks fierce desire, drawing Issie to him, but she despises his way of life and all...more
Published March 2012 by Crescent Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Chosen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Chosen

Grammy 1
This novel, the Fae Dragon Chronicle, Book 1, Love Chosen was a very pleasant surprise. When you do reviews, you sometimes get a misconception of what a book will be like. Fantasy can branch out into so many different directions, it is hard to know what to expect. Ms. Kirk has taken this genre and combined just the right mix of fantasy, mystery, and romance, to make a truly interesting story for all genre fans.

We find a world of Fae that live in a caste system. They are ruled by Queen Morgana an...more
Home. Love. Books.
To read this review and more like it check out my site www.ufreviews.com

This is definitely a book that is more a high fantasy romance than anything else. I am a reader who can really enjoy a well written high fantasy, but often times for me they feel more stiff than anything else and aren't character driven enough for me. This book is the perfect blend of high fantasy themes, character driven plot, and exciting romance.

The book has a lot of bittersweet moments, and a lot of separation both in...more
Kim K
Oct 19, 2012 Kim K added it
This was a great novel! I truly enjoyed it and recommend it!
Louann Carroll
I've never read fantasy before. So I was surprised when I was able to jump right in without a problem. Kirk draws you in by creating a fantasy world that is also believable!

Dragons and Fae co-exist peacefully. At least until an evil presence threatens to undo all that has been done. They are a segregated society and prefer it that way. (Shades of a society we all can recognize.)

Tyler, the Queen's guard, is drawn to Issie and she to him. Can two such entities find love in such a world?

Well they d...more
Lynn Rush
Wow. I'm not one to read a ton of fantasy, but oh my word, I'm glad I read this one. It took me but a day to finish it I was so engrossed in this story. Fantastic characters, great love story. I was right there with the emotions of each of the characters, and that's just what I like about a story. Can't wait to see what happens next!! :)
Brent
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I enjoyed reading Love Chosen and recommend anyone who enjoys fantasy romance stories to read this book. I thought that the world and characters were interesting and well written. I won't spoil the story but I can say that I really enjoyed it.
Christina Boulard
I LOVED the first half of Love Chosen. Sadly, the second half had big shoes to fill...and while it was okay, it fell kind of flat.

Issie is a great character. She's strong and smart and kicks serious ass.
Tyler, on the other hand, felt forced to me. I didn't feel the chemistry that was supposed to be between he and Issie.
And the sex scenes--which are VERY graphic--were also VERY cheesy, rushed and unrealistic.

Okay, now that THAT'S out of the way, I'll get to the good bits!

Ms. Kirk's Fae Dragon wor...more
Jackie
This was a terrific book one of this series. I can’t wait to read more about Issie and Tyler. The story flows very good for a fantasy romance. The world that Marne Ann Kirk creates is vivid and believable. It could definitely be a world we could just wander into. The surroundings are described so beautifully that I wish I was a character in this book. The descriptions of the dragons and the magic are reminiscent to worlds built by Tolkien and Rowling. Love Chosen‘s love story is also a phenomena...more
Jessica
If you like happily ever after fairy tales, then this is the book for you! The "sassy rebel" virgin is able to get the handsome misogynist classist warrior to at the very least change his views of her, if not for the general population of "whore-maids" thru out the first half of the book. The book had real potential to be a mind bender half-way thru with the introduction of Anshere and his urging to trump evidence, but alas took the safer route. All in all not a bad book, just not a great one. L...more
Theresa Rizzo
Marne Ann Kirk's debut book is a wonderful, entertaining read!
I loved Issie and Tyler story and loved the Dragon's whole integration into the fantasy world! Issie's dragon, Fendera, was an enchanting blend of friend/mentor/pet I thoroughly enjoyed their affectionate relationship. Ms Kirk did a wonderful job of immediately drawing me into this fantasy world and keeping me vested and entertained. This is the first in a series and I can't wait to pick up the next one and see where Tyler and Issie...more
Casea Major
I loved this story. The characters were quirky and vivid. The world was well established and the plot was in interesting balance of action/adventure/myster/romance.

I loved the concept of the division of fae classes between magical/non-magical. It establishes lots of great conbflict and tension.

The chemistry between the hero and heroine is wonderful fun. I loved seeing the snobby Tyler go slumming with the freespirited idealistic Issie. If you love Fantasy Romance with rich world building and a...more
Jennifer Wells
Dragons and majical fae are only the start of the many things to love about Love Chosen. The romance between Issie and Tyler was so hot it practically fried the circuits of my ebook reader! *fans self*

Not only is the kingdom in turmoil because of long-standing prejudices, but a new danger comes forward that threatens the dragons and fae alike. The high stakes in Marne’s story kept me turning pages late into the night… just one more chapter… and then another…

I can’t wait for the next book in thi...more
Lynsey
I really wanted to love Love Chosen. I ordered the book online after it was recommended to me and thought 'great, this exactly my kind of book'. While I didn't love this novel, I still found it to be an enjoyable read, if but a little hard to finish. The characters are likeable in their own way and Kirk should be commended for breathing life into this world of majic, fae, dragons and romance. Regardless of my mixed feeling, I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Lisa Potocar
A moving love story mixed with suspense and set amid a very different twist on dragons and faes. The author transports us nicely into her backdrop of fantasy and keeps us on the edge of our seats with murder and mayhem. I can't wait to read the next story in Marne Ann Kirk's series: The Fae Dragon Chronicles!
Conny Lenz
Well written and very compelling, I couldn't put it down. The characters were well developed and easy to relate to, drawing of even more into the book. I can't wait for the next one!
Patty
looks and sounds awesome cant wAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT...
Stephanie Williams
Really luved this hook can't wait to read the next one
Jennifer Nichols
Loved it!! Got really into it and couldn't put it down!
Tonya Colman
Tonya Colman marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Cathi
Cathi marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Madison Roy
Madison Roy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Toni Michelle
Toni Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Shinez
Shinez marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Bri
Bri marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
  • Snow Bound (More than Magic, #2)
  • Panthan's Crucible (Panthan, #1)
  • Blood Double (God Wars, #1)
  • Running Wild (Zombie Games, #2)
  • Hell Hounds Are For Suckers (Vampires of San Francisco, #2)
  • Broken Prince (The Broken Ones, #2)
  • Return of the High Fae
  • The Care and Feeding of Griffins (Lords of Arcadia, #1)
  • Hellsbane (Hellsbane #1)
  • Derrick (Circe's Recruits, #3)
  • Below
  • Through Time-Pursuit (Through Time, #1)
  • Zuri's Zargonnii Warrior (Unearthly World #2)
  • The Alpha (Vanguards, #2)
  • Life Bites (Hunger Chronicles #1)
  • Odium
  • Call to Arms (War of the Fae, #2)
  • Land, A Stranded Novel
Marne Ann Kirk grew up wild, running and exploring the vast high deserts and mountains of Idaho, Montana, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado as a child. She loved making up stories and, well, lied about just about everything. Thankfully, she grew out of the lying stage...now she calls it story-telling.

If she wasn't making her own adventures, she was reading. Life, and the need to eat, got in the way of...more
More about Marne Ann Kirk...
Goddess On The Run Love Dared Love Desired