Start by marking “Electric Storm (Raven Investigations, #1)” as Want to Read:
Electric Storm (Raven Investigations, #1)

Electric Storm (Raven Investigations #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  641 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Everything changed when Raven, a natural born conduit, accidentally walks in on a slave auction. She only wants a night out with her friends before her next case as a paranormal liaison with the police. Instead, she ends up in possession of a shifter and his guardian. When your touch can kill, living with two touchy-feely shifters is a disaster waiting to happen.

To make m
Published April 8th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Electric Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Electric Storm

Wanderlust
Ok... so..

I am seriously a little unsure what i read.
Renee Rearden
At one time or another we’ve all experienced a feeling of separation from our friends, family or loved ones, but it’s usually a temporary distance. If not temporary, eventually other people come into our lives to replace the connections we’ve lost.

But what if separating yourself from others, living an emotionally isolated lifestyle wasn’t merely a choice but a necessity—the only one that guaranteed you wouldn’t kill the ones you love?

Raven knows because that’s the way she’s existed for the past
Andrea Cooper
I really enjoyed this story. I’m a fan of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton and The Hallows series by Kim Harrison. This novel reminded me of those authors, but was about shifters and Raven, a heroine who doesn’t know the extent of her unique powers. I thought the development Raven was outstanding and she stayed in character for the entire novel. The inter-workings of the shifters was complex and I wanted to know more. I also would have liked more definitive hero as at first I though ...more
M.
Reviewed at [Insert clever quip here]

I thought this book was very well written and full of sizzling, detailed description. It drew me in from the start and I refused to put it down even when I needed to get to bed. The author crafted a detailed fictional world full of interesting, diverse characters.

The heroine, Raven, is a natural born protector and leader. It's rare to find such a strong, engaging alpha female. Also, the heroes, and I do mean hero in the plural form, are all very swoon-worthy
chucklesthescot
It was the beautiful cover that first attracted me to the book and the blurb was intriguing enough for me to buy it. Oh how I wish I had looked at a few reviews before making that decision!

Where to start...ok, our MC, Raven. She was once a captive in a lab that held and experimented on supernatural creatures. She has very strong powers in her that she tries to keep bottled up but finds it difficult to control. She is also a doormat. She lives with a group of other supernaturals who seem to total
Echo - MMandBooks
So it's been a couple of weeks since I read this one but I have to say I am still thinking about it. I've even become a slight bookish stalker on Stacey Brutger's web page. I really need book 2, like yesterday! Obsessed I tell you, obsessed!!

This book kicked ass. It was unique and had everything I love about Para/Urban Fantasy. Raven reminded me of the early days of Anita Blake and from me that's a compliment 'cuz I love the early Anita Blake books. Raven is the kind of chick I would so want for
Karen
Ok so the blurb under the cover does not even begin to describe how awesome this book is. This book is.... Kate Daniels + Wird Sisters + Meredith Gentry but without all the awkward slutiness. Yep thats about it. Now, to tell you about how awesome this book really is.
Raven is a "supernatural " conduit who works special liaison cases with LAPD. She keeps her life under the radar because of things that happened in her past. All of that changes when she walks into a supernatural club and saves a we
Mara
Please, see the update at the end.

I'm not sure how to rate Electric Storm. At the beginning, for the fist few chapters and over, I really thought this was going to be a good book, 3 stars verging on the 4.

Then it slowly unravelled. What started pretty fresh and new became a carbon copy of an Anita Blake novel, you could match character to character, story to story. And unfortunately the clone could not hope to win.

The plot was good even if the setting was again a deja-read (Paranormal consult
Jessica
What to say about Electric Storm?

-considers-

I loved it. Really really loved it. I bought it after borrowing BloodSworn from a friend because it sounded interesting. I'm so glad I did. I liked reading about the world, about the characters, about the mystery.

It sucked me in and kept me going. I devoured it in one sitting. And now I'm dying wishing that I had the second book. Especially after reading the sneak peak preview from Electric Moon.

I loved the character interaction. All the characters. N
Chanin Malley
I recieved this book for free in return for a honest review.

So first off i will have to say thank you to Stacey Brutger as she allowed me to read this book in return for a honest review and i really appreciate it.Second i have to say from the momment i looked at the cover and read the little teaser they gave me over at Amazon.com I knew i would be hooked.The plot was amazing i really enjoyed learning about the main characters and honestly? Im unsure who i want her to end up with to be honest i w
Beate
I was having some technical issues with the Amazon version of this book. It made my Kindle go crazy when I tried to change the size of the font. The font is incredibly small for some reason. Lucky for me, Stacey Brutger is an amazing author, and she provided me with a bug-free file of the book. I have to admit, her going out of her way to help me made me love her a little bit more...

I'm already in love with Ms Brutger and her books. BloodSworn was my introduction to Ms Brutger's world, and I was
Ghadeer A
The writing style left a lot to be desired ..
Ever get the feeling when you are reading a book and it feels like there was so much missing like the author wrote the book in (1-2-3-4) steps then for whatever reason or while editing the book ended up like this (2-3-and half of 4 ) ???????!!!!!!!!
It was very disorienting and confusing as hell it reminded me of book 1 of the hollows series
Not to mention there is little dialogue compared to the heroine's inner blabbering I mean she was being waaaay t
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

This story begins when Raven goes out for a night with her friends. They didn't show up, so she ended up going into the club all by herself not knowing what was really going on. Now, she ends up in possession of a shifter and his guardian. Not only that, but it seems that people every where now want to be around her more, and they seem to be learning her secrets. She can not allow this, but it seems to be unstoppable. Especially with a killer on the loos
Tia
Electrical Storm, started off very confusing. A few reviews said it was slow but my opinion was, that there was no intro. We just jumped immediately into the story and were left in some confusion, as to what was going on and who Raven, really and truly was. I did like the story and I'm kicking myself in the ass for even reading it, simply because I want to second novel, NOW! Overall, after the confusion past and we began to notice the other characters, it turned out to be quite a delightful nove ...more
Danielle
I won this book as part of the goodreads first reads giveaway. The only reason I gave this book 4 instead of 5 stars is because at times the storylines were very hard to follow and there was also the headache of sifting through all of the grammer and spelling mistakes. I have a hard time understanding how the book made it to print without spell check or an editor to fix these issues. Other than that I absolutely loved the book and am dying to read electric moon so i can find out what happens nex ...more
Ana
Waverly
This novel introduces the reader to a full deck of interesting characters, and the plot offers flashes of possibility: the encounter in Talon's with Randolph is one of the better scenes, as Raven shares certain intuitive realizations about behind the scenes motivations. I would have appreciated more page time spent developing the lead up to this revelation. Scenes tend to be there and gone, without letting the reader dwell on their importance to the developing mystery. I found myself wishing tha ...more
Runningrabbit
I do remember reading this a while ago, but have kept going because it's so good.

The plot is a basic murder mystery with detectives and the whole shebang. The character is very contemporary, someone you can empathise with and understand, as well as being likable.

The mix of supernatural with the human characters is well integrated, and we have an all round good tale.

Shall be on to the next one soon, and looking forward to the third book coming out this year.
Amanda
I started reading and could not put this book down! It reminded me a little of the Anita Blake series where the main heroin (Raven) has gathered other characters even as she tires to push them away. I appreciate that Raven grows as a person as the book goes along and the other characters make a wonderful cast that makes that story line shine. Did not see who done it until the end and I usually figure it out and it is nice to be surprised. Awaiting the next installment.
Deborah
It took a while to work out exactly what was happening but once I did I enjoyed it and can't wait till I find out who she ends up with so many guys for our mysterious and independent main heroine.
Nicole
It's kind of like if Anita Blake, Bella Swan and Jean Grey had a baby. Sometimes she's too sweet for her own good, other times her powers are so vast and intense that she is a badass that doesn't even know everything she's capable of, and then throughout it all is this ridiculous storyline wheres she's attracted to/making out with everything that moves.. She's an anomaly of different were species and other crap.. And every male of any species or variety is in love with her! At least in Anita Bla ...more
Mandi Schreiner
I'm setting this one aside after 20%. I just can't get into this world nor the heroine. I'm a little confused and don't have a good grasp of what is going on.
Grazzit
First 20 pages, the Main character is described as a loner, by page 100 she has 2 men attached to her and 1 more who really wants to be, during the book she adds 1 more and a wanna be.

So far this Series is most of the bad things from the LKH books without a lot of the good. However the world is promising, and if the Author spends more time in fleshing out the main character, and the others so far in the series, and less time adding more men, and maybe removes 4 of them, then i might read book 2
Marsha
Dec 10, 2013 Marsha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Urban Fantasy Lovers
I've had "Electric Storm" on my 'to read' list for some time; but, imagine my surprise when I discovered that this book contained so many things I normally don't tolerate in books I enjoy yet I really couldn't put it down. How can I explain this? I can't and it still has me scratching my head.

Raven is a loner even though she lives with a group of others. After suffering horrendous experiments performed on her in a lab, she has developed many unique characteristics. She has various shifter, vampi
Turtles
This was an interesting book. There was a passel of men throughout a la Laurell K Hamilton and an overpowered magic user who describers her powers to herself and you, like Lilith Saintcrow. It got a little old by the end of the book. And I wanted a bit more decisiveness to the theme of the story. There's no sex, despite the harem, but the attraction was prevalent while the mystery raged on. I like a good urban fantasy with the bit of romance and a lot of mystery. But I was left a little hanging ...more
mlady_rebecca
I'd bet anything that this book started out as Anita Blake fanfiction. I can even predict it was written sometime between "Narcissus in Chains" (book 10) and "Danse Macabre" (book 14).

I went into the book having seen many a "reminds me of" reference in the review section. I decided to take a chance anyway. Why? Despite any complaints I have with the more recent books (book 17 on), Anita Blake is still the holy grail when it comes to urban fantasy books - for me. And my favorite part of that seri
Merideth
Apr 22, 2015 Merideth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Merideth by: broken blade goodreads
Shelves: paranormal
This book had all the elements of being a great read. However I keep feeling like every scene need more explaining then what the reader was given. Do to lacking info the book got confusing. The whole pack/lusting element was irritating. you have the main character keep getting into sexually charged situation but no one has sex. you just have five guys lusting after one women. That whole situation felt odd and forced. Again something that more explaining would have help.
Dawn Wood
Nice idea, I liked the characters. The turmoil in raven seemed tangible. Unfortunately the grammar is awful in places. The story is often hard to keep track of due to slightly clumsy writing, or an assumption that the reader can tell what is going to happen. If the writing in the next book improves this could be a really interesting fantasy read, otherwise its just not quite there.
Marisa Valle
Ok, is there a man in this book that did NOT want to jump her bones? It was kind of ridiculous how she had a connection to so many men. I liked the plot but her romantic entanglements kept getting in the way and at times I felt as if there was a little too much going on. I'm not sure if I'll read the other books in the series
Raeven Hawkes
This was a rather confusing book but I did like it and have book 2 on my Kindle, waiting. Not sure I can say much more...will let you know once I read the next in the series and hopefully, I will understand more....still...premise is pretty darn good.
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Realm Walker (Realm Walker, #1)
  • Demon Lost (High Demon #1)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Frost & Bothered (Discord Jones #4)
  • Devon: The Beta's Double Trouble (Denver Pack, #3)
  • This Blood (Grace Allen, #1)
  • A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2)
  • Necromancing Nim
  • Pack of Lies (Red Ridge Pack, #1)
  • Dark Seduction (Primordial Guardians, #1)
  • Scent
  • Who Needs Enemies (Harri Phillecki, PI, #1)
  • Derrick (Circe's Recruits, #3)
Stacey Brutger lives in a small town in Minnesota with her husband, son and an assortment of animals.

When she's not reading (from the towering stack of books she can't resist buying), she enjoys creating stories about exotic worlds and grand adventures...then shoving in her characters to see how they'd survive. She enjoys writing anything paranormal from contemporary to historical.

~~~~~*****~~~~~*
More about Stacey Brutger...

Raven Investigations (3 books)
  • Electric Moon (Raven Investigations, #2)
  • Electric Heat (Raven Investigations, #3)
Electric Moon (Raven Investigations, #2) BloodSworn Electric Heat (Raven Investigations, #3) Coveted The Demon Within (Peacekeeper #1)