Start by marking “Boudicca: Her Story” as Want to Read:
Boudicca: Her Story

Boudicca: Her Story

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  26 reviews
What is deemed as “his-story” is often determined by those who survived to write it. In other words, history is written by the victors. The Roman historian, Tacitus, left us an account of the Roman victory over Queen Boudicca in the year A.D. 60-61.

After you read this book, you will know more about the woman considerd by many to be England's first female ruler, Queen Boudi
Published February 1st 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Lilian Roberts
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and unbiased review. I am a history buff and I have read a lot of books about western civilization. However I was utterly surprised to find that I had never heard of Boudicca, the first Queen of England. The more I got into the story the more I fell in love with this amazing, woman.

What a remarkable individual! Her drive, her courage, her commitment to her beliefs and her people left me astonished. When her husband the king passed away in AD
Elias Zapple
Having been raised in London I was always familiar with Boudica or Boadicea and her story as being a warrior queen of a Celtic tribe who stood up with her people and led them to fight against the occupying Roman forces. It's a terrific story and she became a symbol for other rulers, both male and female, to measure up against. Thomas Baker's book gives us fascinating insight into the life and times of Boudicca but we also get to hear views and voices from others as if they could speak now. If yo ...more
Christoph Fischer
"Boudicca: Warrior Queen" by Thomas Jerome Baker is an amazing piece of historical writing. I live in the UK and lived in London but I knew next to nothing abotu Queen Boudicca and her role in early English history.
By means of multiple perspectives Baker presents fascinating insights into her life, her enemies and the 1st Century, the Roman Empire - a well written educational feast.
Jaspreet Mann
Time travel straight into the hotbed of warfare where the Romans are all set to defeat Queen Boudicca in the year A.D. 60-61. A gripping tale told by unswerving passion and intensity-a tale that will make you believe that you are actually witnessing a chapter in history. Thomas Baker has picked up an interesting story and filled in the blanks with powerful visual images and unfolded a story not many of us are aware of. It is an inspiring tale of a woman fighting against all odds in a male domina ...more
Leigh Savage
Before this book I had never heard of Queen Boudicca ruler of the Iceni tribe and her war against the Romans. Often times with history books it seems the women that help shape that history are glossed over or never even mentioned.

However with Warrior Queen you get the full story of Queen Boudicca’s fight against the Romans and how she led her people bravely into battle, doing something even the Former King did not have the courage to do.

This was an enjoyable, informative and entertaining read.
Sheryl Seal
Boudicca: Warrior Queen by Thomas Jerome Baker is another masterpiece! Having read earlier writings by this author, I knew I was in for a treat so when I was offered a chance for an honest review, I took it!!
Very creative to tell a story of a great warrior woman like Boudicca and bring so much clarity to a history that is full of male heroes. I admire the author for bringing us this great story and a lesson as well. There are many warrior heroes since the beginning of time. There are also many h
Darrin Mason
I love stories about historical characters, especially ones that are real. This story about someone that, quite frankly, I had never heard of was informative and to the point. Never mind the fact its only twenty pages for many of the most interesting stories told are short. Also, never mind the plagerism rubbish on one of the other Amazon reviews for this book. This is fresh, new, and very wonderfully written. Recommended to everyone. even more to those with an interest in history, or, in this c ...more
It’s not rare to hear the mantra of “Girl Power” in today’s world and this actually helped to propel the Spice Girls to fame when the band hit it big. You may be asking why I am mentioning a British all girl group for this review. It’s simple the story deals with a Welsh woman from the period around 60 AD.

Her name is one that many in the England will recognize and fans of history, specifically Roman, history will also know. It is stated in the book that she had a look that could terrorize those
Florin Rosoga
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. Boudicca is known as the warrior-queen who massacred the roman troops in Britain. Baker's book is a historical travel in Queen's Boudicca life and story. Compelling, the story got me involved and made me read the entore book till the end. I enjoyed reading it!
Brenda Perlin
“Boudicca: Her Story” by T. Jerome Baker is an fascinating read. This is not usually my genre of choice but I really enjoyed this book and learned some history along the way. I loved the bravery and perseverance of this woman. The author does a remarkable job of telling her story and does so with great imagination and knowledge. The first queen of England it turns out was a strong individual with great drive and determination.

This story is part fact and part fiction. The author weaves a great st
Robert Jr.
By Robert
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Boudicca: Her Story (Kindle Edition)
Helen Christmas
A Great Insight into Ancient conflict

I never studied history at school and if I had, it would have been great to own book like this. A well told chronicle of a powerful warrior queen, written with passion, lots of believable dialogue and creative visual detail. The author has clearly researched this project well, with maps, battle strategies used in ancient times and even Roman names of familiar towns, which I never even knew. This story was an incredible insight into a period of history I know
Cherime MacFarlane
I loved that the story was not turned into a fantasy about a woman who bet her life on freedom and lost. The story was clear and set out the realities of her world and her time. It was a tale told very well. The victors always write history. The Roman who left us the small taste of a woman was a queen in every sense of the word, obviously felt a certain amount of respect for a woman who lived and died on her own terms. Excellent job Mr. Baker.
Teresa Joseph-franklin
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Boudicca: Her Story and an excellent 5*'s from me to you Thomas, I have been totally amazed at the history of this woman for many years, and to have written her side of the story is enlightening, educating to both the young reader and an adult that would read this to their own children as part of their own history lessons in educational establishments..........I believe personally that this should be on the curriculum
Boudicca, was a fighter to the end! she never
Cynthia Willow
"Boudicca: Her Story" is a historical account of a tragedy. I'm not a historical fan, but I found this short read interesting. I like that Baker tells her side of the story. I also like that the violence is depicted in a tasteful way and the book is clean. It's clean enough to be read by students and not full of sexual stuff as some other Boudicca stories are. If you like history and/or reading about war, conflict, revenge, etc., give this short story a few minutes of your time.
This was incredibly short and came up with huge print on my kindle. I didn't dislike it, but I expected a bit more depth. Not sure why as I don't think a great deal is really known about her.
R.J. Craddock
An interesting retelling of history from the female perspective. I for one had never heard of Boudicca or her people and found her story in some ways inspiring. SO often history portraits woman as weak and timid, but Boudicca was anything but timid. She fought for what she believed in even though the odds were against her. I admire her courage and nobility. The telling of this story is a mix between a history book and a narrative from Queen Boudicca point of view. I would have preferred it had i ...more
Chantal Bellehumeur
I was given a copy of Boudicca: Warrior Queen By Thomas baker in exchange for a review.

This historical short story tells the heroic tale of Queen Boudicca, warrior queen of the Celtics. I personally found it to be well-written and entertaining. It reminded me or the ancient Greek and Roman history books I used to read for school. If you like stories based on facts of the long ago past that evolve around war and revenge, this is a story for you!
Was hoping for more info on her. Just enough to get me more interested, so I'll have to consult additional text.
A.D. Justice
First off, let me say that I am not a history buff and generally steer clear of any kind of historical book (fiction & nonfiction alike). However, this is a really interesting and well written story of Queen Boudicca and HER-story.

It is about a testament of strength and honor in the face of adversity and overwhelming odds. It is about standing strong in your beliefs regardless of what the outcome may be. It is seeing the forest, the trees and the big picture, and understanding that they all
Mike Ricksecker
Boudicca: Her Story is a stylish and creative retelling of England's first queen's uprising against the Roman oppression during the first century AD. Instead of just a factual recount of the events, T. Jerome Baker, places the reader in the shoes of the account's principal characters and offers the audience a unique perspective at this part of England's history. What fired up Queen Boudicca's fury against the Romans? Hear her tell it in her own passionate words in this unique historic piece.

Martha Sockel
A really great read.
Very engrossing and kept me reading until the end
Grace Feldman
This account is excellent for any fan of female leaders - this often-forgotten queen's story is compelling, and Baker's writing elevates the tale to new levels. Highly recommend it!
Candace Bowser
personally, I loved this book. Who doesn't want to see a strong, feminine, kickass woman take care of her own? This is a must have! Sure to be a classic. Well written, entertaining, thrilling, heart-felt and awesome...I loved, loved, loved this book!
The writing in this is appalling beyond belief. It's an insult to any intelligent reader, and an insult to Boudicca herself that anyone would submit such execrable work and attach her name to it.
Sydney Arrison
"Boudicca" was a very entertaining and quick read. I was very impressed with Mr. Baker's imagery and knowledge of historic facts.
Link Parish
Link Parish marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Caryn Rose
Caryn Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Carmelita Donnelly
Carmelita Donnelly is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

“What is deemed as “his-story” is often determined by those who survived to write it. In other words, history is written by the victors...Now, with the help of the Roman historian Tacitus, I shall tell you Queen Boudicca’s story, her-story……” 1 likes