Start by marking “A Highlander for the Holidays (A Highland Erotic Romance)” as Want to Read:
A Highlander for the Holidays (A Highland Erotic Romance)

A Highlander for the Holidays (Torrid Tarot Series)

In the wintery Highland mountains, Aileen and Niall unleash their forbidden passion. But Aileen is promised to another this Christmas, and the wicked Lowlander will stop at nothing to have her.

Kindle Edition, Second Edition, 150 pages
Published March 22nd 2012 by Dawn Halliday (first published February 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Highlander for the Holidays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Highlander for the Holidays

Alanna Jenkins
I’ve become more and more interested in reading medieval romance novels over the past 12 months, Laurin Wittig‘s novels were my first real experience with the genre and from then I’ve been more open to trying other examples. Sins Of The Highlander seemed like an interesting read and the title gave me hope that it would be somewhat similar to Wittig‘s style, so I turned the first e-page with eager anticipation.

The novel starts with the death of Aileen Munro’s brutish husband, leaving her and her
Rebecca (everyday reader)
A widow, Aileen, meets with an old friend again, Niall, and immediately they are attracted to each other even though she is going to be betrothed again. Their passion produces a child, and they remain devoted to each other regardless of the odds. Good read!!
Linda
Jan 06, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone over 18 that love Historical romance!
Shelves: ebooks, january-2015
A good read, it was a first from this author (for me)! She also writes under the name "Jennifer Haymore"!

From USA Today Bestselling Author Dawn Halliday--An erotic historical romance to keep you warm this winter!

Aileen Munro doesn't want another cruel husband. But just as the laird of the Mackenzies pledges her to a man much worse than the last, her old friend Niall MacRae bursts back into her life. Niall is a full-fledged Highland warrior now, and his quiet strength sparks a burning desire wit
Erica
It's really hard for me to dislike any Highlander romance considering that my best book boyfriend is Jamie Fraser. This book is a really fun hot read that is great for the holidays but also if you just want a quick Scottish romance without a ton of history or paranormal fairy legends or time travel thrown in. If the author hadn't made it clear that Aileen and Niall had known each other for a long, long time, I probably would have had a very hard time going with the flow and accepting that they ...more
MK
Jun 27, 2013 MK rated it liked it
Shelves: m-f, historical
This is the story of Aileen, a recently widow who is abused by her former husband, and Niall, the knight who will escort her to her cousin for another marriage arrangement.

The story is simple, but with some emotional highlights between the characters. I like the tension between them, but other times it is quite exaggerated. The conflict of the story really bugs me out, as I don't really know what will happen to them or will they find their happy ending. I can't also see how Niall as a highlander
Kay
Aileen and Niall had known each other for years. They were close in age and he was her husband's trainee in a way. They formed a friendship despite her husband's physical and mental abuse. Niall realized his attraction to Aileen and left he castle but they never forgot each other.

After her husband's death, Niall is sent to bring Aileen to her brother, so he can pick her next husband. The two catch up on old times, are still hot for each other but know it can't go anywhere. One thin leads to anot
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
I would give this more along the line of 3 or 3.5 stars, but giving it a 4 to be nice.
The book was ok, not great not bad, but one I will probably forget all about.
The lady of the story falls in love with her brother's guard, but she is a widow and about to be betrothed again. Her first husband was horrible, mean and very abusive. Her new husband is not much better.
This book contains lots and lots of sex. The author is not afraid of the use of language at all.
Typical Highlander storyline. Lady fa
Wendy Wasiunec
Dec 19, 2015 Wendy Wasiunec rated it really liked it
Quick Read and Interesting

Somewhere down the line this title was changed from Sins of a Highlander to A Highlander for the Holidays, which by the way, this story has nothing to do with the Holidays. It was a quick read, and I enjoyed it. The author put the story together neatly where you got the whole story quickly and you didn't feel like something was missing. There is greed, cruelty, sex (heavy), villainy, love and even a bit of psychic intuition. I didn't feel it was much about the Highlands
Dawn
This is a short story and it is cute. In short Aileen and Niall are childhood friends and now they meet as a adults and while they have always cared for each other they now care for each other sexually. The story is cute I would not say it is an awesome story but I would not call it bad either. Yes there is a lot of sex hence, erotic highlander romance, and it holds up rather well but there is still something missing. I think maybe more character development or maybe it just needs to be flushed ...more
Cristina Contilli
Uno scozzese forte e coraggioso (e che ci sa anche fare nell'intimità) non si nega a nessuna!!!

Il titolo della recensione è un po' ironico, ma il libro mi è piaciuto perché ogni tanto un uomo alpha in un romance fa anche piacere trovarlo... basta che non sia troppo "selvaggio" fa infatti, sognare, un medioevo di maniera, un medievo di cavalieri coraggiosi e dame da salvare... con in più una omponente hot che ormai è entrata a far parte del romance sia storico sia contemporaneo...
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
You know, I love a good highlander story and this one is no exception. I really enjoyed this story and found it to be a real page turner.

I only gave it three stars as the language used was modern English. One of the things I love about Highlander stories is the brogue. It really gives me a feel of the Highlands and really puts me in the story. That was lacking in this story, thus the the three star rating.
Juliana Marques
Nov 16, 2013 Juliana Marques rated it liked it
Shelves: review
It's not a great novel,but entertains a lot. Specially if you're looking for a cute romance, with a female character that does not wait for her man to rescue her. With a fierce lead character, this novel kinda surprised me, I thought it would be just another highlander novel,with a boring young lass that does not know how to defend herself. Thankfully, I was wrong, and afterward I caught myself enjoying the story...
Emily
Sep 19, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Very Mature Adults
Recommended to Emily by: ebook on Amazon
I've never read this type of historical romance before, but I really enjoyed it. I loved the forbidden love aspect, and I thought the characters were fantastic.

I'm looking forward to reading more romances based on this era.

Dawn Halliday is a great storyteller, and a talented writer. There is no doubt that I will be reading more of her work.
Jenn
Dec 31, 2013 Jenn rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked this Scottish romance well enough. It was a quick read (read it in a few hours) with a couple of steamy love scenes. This is typical bodice-ripper stuff, but I must say that I really liked this heroine more than most others because she saves herself - although she is in love with the highland warrior, when the rubber hit the road she took care of business instead of waiting for him to find her and rescue her.
Sami
Jul 02, 2012 Sami rated it really liked it
This was an inexpensive read purchased for 99c on Ámazon, but don't let the low price deceive. I truly enjoyed this and found it difficult to put down. My Kindle was in danger of being splattered by spaghetti sauce as I read this while cooking :). I've never read a Highland romance before, but I'll likely pick up something else by this author.
Michele Crimson
Aug 20, 2013 Michele Crimson rated it it was ok
I enjoy a good erotic story now and then but one with a good plot. This one was seriously lacking in that department. It read like the author lacked the ability to build the plot so just filled the pages with erotica...bad erotica at that. The grammar and editing were good just needed more development.
Vivian
Jul 10, 2012 Vivian rated it liked it
The story is about to people coming together to have sex in historical time. The idea behind the story is the fantasy of a highlander male being sexy toward the female. The plot is weak because there had to be one to go with the romance. All in all I enjoyed the story. The sex scenes were smoldering hot!

I would say at least give it a try,you might like it.
Stacy Wollett
Dec 11, 2014 Stacy Wollett rated it really liked it
I usually don't enjoy these type of books but this one had a great story with nice strong characters and I am a sucker for Christmas stories. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this story and highly recommend it.
Tina Ullrich
Nov 21, 2014 Tina Ullrich rated it really liked it
Where's mine

Sometimes I wish I was the heroine in a book do I can have my own HIGHLANDER. I do love a good story and this is a very wonderful Holiday story with a surprise present at the end.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Dec 27, 2013 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-read
Oops read in boxed set-A Naughty Little Christmas. You can view my review in the comment section under book 5/8. It was GREAT! I cannot wait to read more from this author! Everything flowed soooooo gracefully it boggled my mind, in a good way! YEA!
Louiseann Walter
Feb 20, 2015 Louiseann Walter rated it it was amazing
GREAT READ

Quick and to the point. No dry story line. But it did enforce how women were treated like bargaining chip and passed off to the highest bidder even if she was married and widowed. And a husband could beat her for no reason.
Samanthya Wyatt
Dec 01, 2014 Samanthya Wyatt rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

From the beginning the hero captures your interest. Even though he may not be a noble laird, the reader pulls for him to win the heroine. Love the way they come together and find their happy ending.
Mel
This was an okay read, nothing too exciting in my opinion. The story was very predictable in way of plotting as a whole.
Roxanne
Jun 07, 2013 Roxanne rated it really liked it
I loved this story. I also liked how the woman was a bit older than her handsome highlander. That makes for a nice change of things.
Lisa
Oct 08, 2012 Lisa rated it it was ok
Yawn. Want excellent historical fiction with a good dose of smokin' sex? Read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Seriously.
Danielle
Sep 18, 2012 Danielle rated it liked it
The h seemed to be much more thought out than the H. The story was good but it seemed to be a LOT of internal angst, sex, a little fighting, sex, angst, sex.
Cora
Cora rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Kelly Crowley
Kelly Crowley rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2012
K.
K. rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2012
  • Unspoken (The MacLauchlans, #1)
  • Untamed (Wild Women, #1)
  • Historical Romance Boxed Set: Of Noble Birth / Honor Bound
  • Wild Wild Widow
  • The Reiver
  • Highland Seer (Highland Talents, #2)
  • Love's Portrait
  • The Mistress of Trevelyan (Trevelyan #1)
  • A Knight's Vengeance (Knight's, #1)
  • The Brigand Bride
  • Simmer All Night (Bad Luck Abroad, #1)
  • Border Lord's Bride (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #4)
  • Lavender Vows (The Medieval Herb Garden, #1)
  • Hidden Heat (Hauberk Protection, #4)
  • Beneath A Highland Moon (The Highland Moon #1)
  • Highland Mist (Druid's Glen, #1)
  • The Devil of Kilmartin (Kilmartin Glen, #1)
Raised on a boat in the South Pacific and in the quiet rainforests of Hawaii, Dawn Halliday had plenty of time to develop her overzealous imagination. Between exploring deserted atolls, swimming in churning seas, and exploring lava tubes, Dawn started dreaming up stories of love and adventure before she could read them.

When she's not traveling to exotic lands (which she can always justify as "rese
More about Dawn Halliday...

Torrid Tarot Series (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • I Put a Spell on You (Torrid Tarot Series)
  • All the King's Men (Torrid Tarot Series)
  • All Work and No Play (Torrid Tarot Series)
  • Love's Choice (Torrid Tarot Series)
  • Catch a Falling Star (Torrid Tarot Series)
  • Gentle Control (Cress Brothers, #4)
  • Premonition (Torrid Tarot Series)
  • After Hours (Torrid Tarot Series)
  • Aphrodite's Necklace (Torrid Tarot Series)
  • Dead Awakening (Torrid Tarot Series)