Start by marking “A Ticket to Die For” as Want to Read:
A Ticket to Die For

A Ticket to Die For (Wild Onion Ltd. #1)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Kirsten, the daughter of a cop and a former cop herself, is a private investigator with her own agency in Chicago. In fact, she met her husband, Dugan, at the police academy, but he dropped out and ended up in law school. Kirsten has persuaded him to help her out on a case once in a while, though he'd really rather not. The less he knows about her day-to-day investigative ...more
Hardcover
Published October 15th 1998 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about A Ticket to Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Ticket to Die For

Diane Feldman
It was OK. Not the best, not the worst.
Lansing Public Library
A lawyer hires the Dugan’s, a husband and wife crime-fighting team, to find a friend of a missing client. When that friend turns up dead in an adult bookstore this simple case becomes more complicated and dangerous.

The reading group rated this book 5.

Everyone enjoyed this book. The story held their interest and they always like books where the story takes place in Chicago. They also liked the fact that you were left guessing who did it till the end!
Lisa
I got this book as one of the free Kindle books that Amazon offers. I don't think I would have spent money to buy it, but overall I thought it was ok. Parts of the story were a bit much for me, but I found it enjoyable at times.
Sophie
Meh! Mediocre story, mediocre characters, but I did read it to the end.
2.5 stars.
This is what happens when you need to rely on Kindle freebies and super cheapies!
Hobart
a perfectly okay mystery novel, practically dripping with adequacy.

Can't say I won't read another in the series, but I won't go out of my way to do so.
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Janice Meyn
Janice Meyn marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Chuck Grantham
Chuck Grantham marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Hilleary Peterson
Hilleary Peterson marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Sara Jepsen
Sara Jepsen marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Buran
Buran marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Printemps
Printemps marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Beth Rea
Beth Rea marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Pam
Pam added it
Feb 02, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Myrna
Myrna added it
Nov 25, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Niki
Niki marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
DAVID J. WALKER has written twelve published mystery/suspense novels, and one novella. His most recent book is Company Orders, a 2012 release. This is a stand-alone thriller in which the hero is--of all things--a priest.

David is the author of two private eye series, the "Mal Foley" series, and the “Wild Onion, Ltd.” series. The Wild Onion books feature a wife/husband private eye team, and are set
More about David J. Walker...
A Beer at a Bawdy House Company Orders Saving Paulo Fixed in His Folly: A Malachy Foley Mystery All the Dead Fathers