Start by marking “Don't You Want Me?” as Want to Read:
Don't You Want Me?

Don't You Want Me?

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  348 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Sex. There's a lot of it about. But Stella isnt getting her fair share. On the wrong side of 30 and as a single mum who divides her time between London's most PC playgroup and lessons on pulling from her mate, she wonders if she'll have sex again.
Unknown Binding, 259 pages
Published January 1st 2002 by Penguin Books

To ask other readers questions about Don't You Want Me?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't You Want Me?

The Uncommon Reader by Alan BennettOne Day by David NichollsLife of Pi by Yann MartelA Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina LewyckaThe Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Prize for Comic Writing
67th out of 75 books — 12 voters
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaSomething Borrowed by Emily GiffinBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingSomething Blue by Emily GiffinPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Best chicklit
459th out of 605 books — 870 voters

More lists with this book...

Sarah Goodwin
As I've written quite a few reviews about chick-lit books that I found less than satisfying, I thought I'd dig about and find one that I genuinely enjoyed.

I first found this book because it had been left behind in a holiday home, not a promising start, but I was pleasantly surprised. I wanted something funny, intended for women, and with an ending that wouldn't leave me apoplectic and unfulfilled.

This delivered all of those things.

The main character is refreshingly moody and highly strung, a cha
Sam
A entertaining, light read and deeply funny. Some great observations throughout and even though you can figure the plot out half way through, it's still satisfying. If you want a break from deep literary stuff and a bit f romantic escapism, I'd recommend this. Don't expect it to tax you however, and don't expect anything deeper than a set of accurate and amusing snapshots of Stella's genuinely portrayed life.
Jane
To be honest, I was starting to get a bit fed up with chick lit because it can be very hit and miss. You get some really good books in this genre and some (pardon me) dross or at least passable but doesn't hit all the spots! This one is up there in the pretty good section. Very funny, has all the ingredients to earn being amongst this genre. Humour, plenty of it, a nice fella who is not only good looking (and ginger) but caring with a GSOH - pretty much what we look for in our ideal bloke. Downs ...more
Tifnie
Feb 08, 2010 Tifnie rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: chick-lit
I choose this book because I needed something to read that required zero thought, zero contemplation, and zero effort.

Perhaps I should give this book 2 stars since it delivered just that...zero.

Don't You Want Me? is about a late 30ish single mother who hasn't dated in years nor had sex. Estelle is looking to get back in the game of dating and inlists her flat-mate, Frank, to help her out. You can probably guess everything else.

The cover of this book read; "Miles funnier and ruder than anything
Danielle
The plot and the characters are so unbelievably transparent especially the main character, who seems to drift through life feeling sorry for herself despite her HUGE Primrose Hill house, a daughter (another thin character that seems merely to be an accessory), childminders whenever she wants them and money for doing nothing much.
I haven't quite finished this book but I have a strong suspicion that the ending will involve her lodger.

If any other author had written this I might have given it two s
Vanessa
It took me to about half way through to get into this book, but am so glad I persevered, I loved it :-)
Anna
Tā kā saņemu kā Z-svētku dāvanu, bija jāizlasa.
Māsīca uzdāvināja. Pēc izlasīšānas domāju, ka laikam viņa uztraucas par manu seksuālo dzīvo. (chuckle) Jo grāmata bija ap un par seksu. Galvenais, ka varonei ir 38 gadi, es īsti nespēju tik tālu aizdomāties, lai iejustos viņas ādā. Lai gan grāamta man tīri labi patikās. Viegla lasāmviela ar diezgan banāliem jokiem, bet man bija jautri. Beigas gan bija skaidras jau no pirmajām izlasītajām lapaspusēm. :P
Valeriane
Stella, mère célibataire de 38 ans vit avec Honey, sa fille et Frank son colocataire.
Dans un style léger, l'histoire nous entraîne dans les méandres de la vie affective et sociale de Stella. Vous ne manquerez pas de sourire au fil des pages. Mon coup de coeur va à la crèche où Stella et Honey font de nouvelles rencontres...
Ecriture humoristique qui ne manquera pas de vous délasser après une journée de boulot intense!

Ma note : 4 étoiles
Ffiamma
comincia benissimo: è allegro, spumeggiante e pieno di battute divertenti. poi - prevedibilmente - si appiattisce, diventa banale e un po' melenso. peccato.
Natalie Owen
Pleasant, enjoyable enough chick lit. I always enjoy reading India Knight books, even if there's not a massive substance to them, they're enjoyable reads.
Chiaralletti
Sì, vabbè...nel suo genere eh!
Tra l'altro il finale è scontato tipo dalle prime 3 pagine o giù di lì...però è divertente!
Alix Nichols
Not as good as "My Life on a Plate", but had a couple of absolutely hilarious scenes.
Lisa
Sep 13, 2008 Lisa rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jade
Recommended to Lisa by: Mum
Shelves: 2008
Funny and easy to read (took me less than a day!), perfect for lunch breaks and bus stops.
Elena Pereira
Quick easy funny read. Very predictable ending not entirely dissimilar to Bridget Jones.
Rosalind
Somewhat predictable but actually made me laugh out loud several times.
Lindsay
A great quick read, reminds me of traveling London... I love how she thinks.
Laura Bowes
An ok read, not my all time favourite, quite a quick and basic story line.
Carla
A very easy read. Quite predicable but nevertheless entertaining.
Sephie
I don't think I finished this - I got bored with it.
Novita Sari
funny and sexy story
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
  • J'aurais adoré être ethnologue
  • Ma vie est tout à fait fascinante
  • Got You Back
  • Corto Maltese: Una ballata del mare salato
  • Libera nos a malo
  • The Peacemaker (The Warriors of the Wind, Book 1)
  • Koirien Kalevala
  • In Search of an Impotent Man
  • Great Indian Middle Class
  • Uncle Fred: An Omnibus
  • Vermeer: A View of Delft
  • Gokinjo Monogatari, Vol. 1
  • La verità dell'alligatore
  • Midway: the Battle That Doomed Japan
  • Love and the City: Les gens changent/Changing People; Les confessions de Bambou/The Bamboo Confessions
  • The Anthropic Cosmological Principle
  • La última escala del Tramp Steamer
  • Night's Lies
India Knight is a British journalist. Her novels have been translated into 28 languages.

Knight, a native French speaker, lived in Brussels until about the time she turned nine. After migrating to the United Kingdom, she was educated in London. She was awarded an exhibition to Trinity College, Cambridge, where she read Modern Languages from 1984-1987, before starting her career in journalism.

In add
More about India Knight...
My Life on a Plate Comfort & Joy The Thrift Book Mutton Neris And India's Idiot Proof Diet: From Pig To Twig