Start by marking “The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis” as Want to Read:
The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis

The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis (The Last Timekeepers #1)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  78 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
When Amanda Sault and her four classmates are caught in a major food fight at school, they are given the choice of suspension or yard duty. It was a no-brainer. A two-week crash course in landscaping leads the kids to discover a weathered stone arch buried in an overgrown backyard. Instead of a forgotten lawn ornament, it turns out to be an ancient time portal from the los ...more
ebook, First Edition, 180 pages
Published June 17th 2015 by Mirror World Publishing (first published May 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis

S.W.
May 11, 2013 S.W. rated it really liked it
This is a cool book that leads readers through a medieval adventure with an unlikely group of teens.

In a nutshell, The Arch of Atlantis is a story of a group of opposing teens thrown together into a thrilling time-travel adventure. The group are involved in a food fight at school which ends in them all receiving detention together (you could say the situation is reminiscent of The Breakfast Club). Quite simply, this cast of characters don't get on, and I think that is why the author has chosen
Dusty Crabtree
Nov 18, 2012 Dusty Crabtree rated it it was amazing
The Last Timekeepers and Arch of Atlantis was very well-written with fun, likeable characters that made me laugh every step of the way. One of my favorite things about the book was the hilarious, middle-school banter between all of the kids, including some of the most creative insults I've ever heard (one of my favorites - "nut bar"). Aside from making me laugh, this book also had an interesting, well-crafted plot that delivered excitement as well as educational history. Since it takes place in ...more
Athena Nagel
Dec 07, 2012 Athena Nagel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I read this book on the heels of some powerful mysteries and thrillers. I loved this book and the fun break it gave me from the more thought provoking books. This is exactly why I read YA books in the midst of all the other books I read. This book is exciting and fun. It also involves the feature of time travel. It felt like a journey to the center of the earth book but with the twist of time travel. And this book had just enough history and factual events to keep me interested and entertained. ...more
Amaleen Ison
May 20, 2013 Amaleen Ison rated it it was amazing
I don’t often read middle-grade books, but The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis appealed for two reasons. First, the sumptuous teal cover with an ancient arch and hieroglyphics drew me in—piqued my interest. Secondly, I’ve always adored stories about Robin Hood, and I simply loved the idea of meeting him and his merry men in their younger years via a time travel device (The Arch of Atlantis)—a new spin on an age old story.

The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis didn’t disappoint.
Margaret Lesh
Aug 04, 2012 Margaret Lesh rated it it was amazing
I've been reading this book whilst home recuperating, and it's been just the perfect thing -- entertaining and fun. In The Last Timekeepers and The Arch of Atlantis, an unlikely group of kids is thrown together by choosing a working punishment rather than school suspension after an epic food fight. The kids get to know one another while cleaning up an overgrown garden as their punishment, in the process uncovering an ancient arch which sets the wheels in motion for their adventurous quest.

Withou
June Kramin
Aug 22, 2012 June Kramin rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I love stories re-told & was excited to see how the author would get this group of spirited kids back to Robin Hood & help keep history on the right track. I find myself dipping into more young adult reads these days. It's books like this that make it enjoyable. There are things in there for adults as well. You'll be happy you read it. I look forward to future releases.
Books
Nov 13, 2012 Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful, fun read! Who could imagine that a punishment could turn into high adventure for five adolescents and two adults - one an unemployed professor and the other said to be a witch - or in the words of the locals: "a bona fide, true-blue hex-machine from England"? From a garden in America they are drawn through the Arch of Atlantis, into an Atlantean temple to be told what they are and what their purpose is. Then they are propelled into medieval England on the eve of the May Day ce ...more
Jul 29, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Young adult urban fantasy (or in this case time travel) is one of my favorite genres to read and I wasn’t disappointed with the first book in Sharon’s (supposedly) super long series. The Last Timekeepers was published by the YA imprint of my publisher so we’ve chatted a bit and she has a rather ambitious plan for the series (5 books for each of the 5 main characters). Twenty books is a lot of work but I’d stick around for it. She’s made history accessible and I would definitely recommend this fo ...more
Heather Boustead
The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis
By Sharon Ledwith

When five eighth grade students get into a food fight at school none of them thought it would lead on an adventure through time, the five students are sentenced to yard duty as punishment for their crimes shortly after they arrive at Melody’s home the stumble upon an arch that was buried in her back yard. Once they excavate the mysterious arch they are whisked away to Atlantis where they meet up Lilith who is in charge of keeping watc
Greta Burroughs

Everyone is fascinated with the mystery of Atlantis and the people who lived there. The Last Timekeepers is an interesting take on what happened to the Atlantians.
I enjoy reading YA books. They are not so complicated plotwise, and the stories are very entertaining. The author of this book writes in a style where the reader can visualize the action. The characters who are transported to the past are ordinary kids who wind up doing the job assigned to them even though they had no idea what to do a
Deb Kuhns
Jun 11, 2012 Deb Kuhns rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written book...loved it! Took me back to the days when I couldn't get enough of the Half Magic books by Edward Eager! Loved the kids and the grownups in the story! Nice to see a good, strong heroine, who also learned several lessons along the way. I cannot wait for next adventure...just wish I had some grandkids to share this book with...hmmm, let's see whose kids I could borrow!! PS...I think this would also be a great read-aloud book!!
Shyam Mohan
Dec 09, 2013 Shyam Mohan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome imagination skills with good research on history. I really liked the book. But what i did not like in the book is the use of the language of medieval times of England even if they had the babel with them by which they can understand every languages.
I really liked the way Sharon Ledwith narrates the story and the effort she took in making the book true has really paid off. Very nice book. I recommend the book to all my friends.
Beth Bowland
Nov 26, 2012 Beth Bowland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. The names were a little confusing at first but it didn't take long before they felt like 'my kids' :) I could see each of them clearly in my mind and their antics. Clever history tidbits in the story and the author stayed true to teen talk and the language used during that time frame. Enjoyable read!
Valerie
This one didn't really reach beyond the YA age group, but was still fun to read.

See my full review here.

Wensday
Aug 30, 2012 Wensday rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the history twist on this book. The overall story line sets up fast and the plot does not drag. I am looking forward to future Timekeepers adventures!
Tim Verhoeven
Nov 23, 2014 Tim Verhoeven rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of young adult novels
Today I finished The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis.
This book has a good story build up. It starts with the introduction of all the major characters in their normal routine. Although this is not really a large book, the events are adequately described and the length is just right.
If I compare the plot with the second book in the series: Legend of the Timekeepers (the prequel to this book) it tends to be more straightforward and does not incorporate any unsuspected plot twists. This do
Christian Laforet
Dec 09, 2015 Christian Laforet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Last Timekeepers is a fun romp through time!

13 year old Amanda Sault and a handful of her classmates find themselves doing yard work as punishment for a food fight at their school. Weeding and pruning soon reveals a buried arch way that leads them to Atlantis. There, they meet a woman named Lilith who tasks them with the job of being TimeKeepers.

And so the Last TimeKeepers begins.

The first thing I noticed about this book is that author Sharon Ledwith has a great knack for giving her characte
Renee
My daughter (11) and I (the Mom) read and reviewed this book for Mother Daughter Book Reviews. Here are excerpts from our reviews. For the full reviews please visit Mother Daughter Book Reviews.

Daughter Says:

This book is about kids who go back in time to make sure that Robin Hood becomes a famous archer because somebody is trying to change that. For the cover, I think that the arch is cool but the author should have put some of the characters on the cover so I can see what they look like. I real
Cordelia Dinsmore
Aug 06, 2012 Cordelia Dinsmore rated it it was amazing
I read this book because it sounded quite interesting, and the author had agreed to an interview for my blog. She is extremely supportive of her fellow authors, and I like her attitude about paying it forward.

I was intrigued with the premise for the book. Combining the story of Robin Hood with the mysterious Atlantis was an idea I just couldn't clear out of my mind. The author has done a magnificent job of combining the two, and preparing a path for future adventures along the way.

I liked the cl
V.K. Finnish
Apr 04, 2013 V.K. Finnish rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I give three stars to books I enjoyed while reading but think I got everything from them in the first read. A 3-1/2 star rating would be more accurate for me on this book.

The Arch of Atlantis is targeted at 12–14 year old readers and follows eighth-grader Amanda Sault and her schoolmates from a disastrous school food fight (and fighting with each other) to an abrupt time-travel mission where they have to learn to work together and stop an evil being from changing history.

On the warning side, I w
TheGirlWithTheHeartShapedGlasses
It started like The Breakfast Club and went to a fantastic fantasy novel.I never got bored of reading it and loved each character in the book which is usually rare.Its a novel which consists of an entertaining language and less long descriptive passages.I think it would be a perfect Disney movie! I've had a blast with the past!

Amanda Miller /A Bookaholic's Fix: Feeding the Addiction
The Last Timekeepers is a clever, fun, adventure through time with a group of interesting characters and a wonderful story.

Being an 80s kid, I have a soft spot for The Breakfast Club mentality. A group of kids who normally don't get along end up in detention and end up friends. I actually love that Lemonade Mouth resurrected this notion for my children's generation. But Ledwith takes it a little further. These kids with diverse interests and backgrounds have to band together and go on an epic ad
Teresa Kander
While this book is marketed for a younger audience, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and don't feel the writing or the content are too "childish" to appeal to an adult reader as well. The plot of this series gives the author the chance to not only give us her view of Atlantis, but to use time travel to introduce young readers to various historical/legendary events or people. In this introductory book, the teens get to meet Robin Hood and his friends.

The "timekeepers" are a high
Gupta Anirudha
Feb 02, 2015 Gupta Anirudha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This title somehow looking fantastic to me. The sample I can read from here "http://www.amazon.in/The-Last-Timekee..." is also awesome.

I want this book from giveaway and will complete it and update my review after my read :)
Rhonda Paglia
Aug 28, 2014 Rhonda Paglia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and the concept very much. I had a little trouble with the language used by the kids during their time with Robin Hood, but it could be just a generational thing. I am enjoying reading "The Legend of the Timekeepers" by Sharon Ledwith much more.
Eleni Konstantine
Apr 24, 2016 Eleni Konstantine rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, own-a-copy
4.5 stars!

Great MG book!
Carly
The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis was a quick, fun read. A group of children, an uncle, and a teacher find out they are timekeepers, and must travel through time so that history isn't altered. In this book, they head back to 1214 to protect the legend of Robin Hood. This book reminds me a lot of both A Mutiny in Time and Found, but way the legend was slightly changed made the book stand out. I disliked some of the dialogue, but that's my only complaint. Looking forward to the second ...more
Steven
Sep 10, 2015 Steven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended for MG and younger teens. The author did a good job of weaving the story of Robin Hood into the plot. My only real issues were that the main villain's motivation was a little unclear--and that the story didn't spend as much time in Atlantis as I had hoped. Overall, a good read.
Nicole Wetherington
Jul 29, 2015 Nicole Wetherington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book for free through Goodreads first reads. This middle grade fantasy was very whimsical and fun. I enjoyed reading it and I know many middle schoolers will love it as well. The characters were well developed as was the plot. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Jane
Nov 13, 2015 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
An adventure story featuring a rag-tag group of young teens who have to learn to work together to make sure history doesn’t get rewritten. The kids (and two adults) get sent back to the tale of Robin Hood and must help well-known historical events play out accordingly. A very fun, well-paced adventure novel that middle-graders and young teens would enjoy (and…also adults who like to read MG/YA adventure novels).
  • The Golden Scarab (Quest, #1)
  • A Pair of Docks (Derivatives of Displacement, #1)
  • The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3)
  • Escape From The Forbidden Planet
  • The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of Agent Auggie Spinoza
  • Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble (Noah Zarc #1)
  • Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard (Zoe & Zak Adventures, #1)
  • If You Were Me and Lived in...Peru: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World
  • The Princelings of the East (Princelings of the East, #1)
  • Cleopatra Ascending (Shadow's Edge, #2)
  • Spartanica (The Survivors of Sapertys, #1)
  • Neophyte
  • Diary of a Penguin-napper
  • Empyreal Fate
  • First Frost (Frost Series #1)
  • The Moon Coin
  • Reassigned (Codename Fairy Godmother, #1)
  • The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)
Sharon Ledwith is the author of the middle-grade/young adult time travel series, THE LAST TIMEKEEPERS, and is represented by Walden House (Books & Stuff) for her teen psychic series, MYSTERIOUS TALES FROM FAIRY FALLS. When not writing, researching, or revising, she enjoys reading, exercising, anything arcane, and an occasional dram of scotch. Sharon lives a serene, yet busy life in a southern ...more
More about Sharon Ledwith...

The Last Timekeepers (2 books)
  • Legend of the Timekeepers (The Last Timekeepers, #0.5)

“I'm not sure what he's saying , but by the way he's checking you out, it looks like you're gonna need a restraining order soon." ~ Treena Mui” 3 likes