Start by marking “The Night Shift (The Night Wars #2)” as Want to Read:
The Night Shift (The Night Wars #2)

The Night Shift (The Night Wars #2)

Two years of experience in the Night Shift and Fynn Adder still has a lot to learn -- before his newest case drives him back off the wagon. Recently he's been assigned a new partner, a trainee named Simon Murphy. In the middle of breaking in his new partner, a grisly murder rocks the foundation of Fynn's shaky sobriety. And not just any "regular" murder -- the murder of a ...more
Published May 30th 2012 by Torquere Press (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Night Shift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Shift

Among the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceCoyote's Creed by Vaughn R. DemontCriss Cross by Jordan Castillo PriceIrregulars by Nicole KimberlingLightning Rod by Vaughn R. Demont
M/M Urban Fantasy
100 books — 55 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedePromises by Marie SextonZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldFaith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels
Gay Uniforms
287 books — 134 voters

More lists with this book...

Heller
Aug 13, 2016 Heller rated it really liked it
A bit about why I decided to go ahead with reading this book rather than waiting a bit closer to the release of the next Night Shift book:

(view spoiler)
SueM
In a sequel to Dalton's The Hanged Man's Ghost, we find Fynn comfortably settled in his relationship with Jack, as well as being on better terms with his family, but in many ways nothing much has changed - Fynn still finds himself a magnet for trouble, and yet somehow manages to scrape through, with only a few dints along the way - well, physical dints anyway! He does discover a few intriguing hints about his family's past history in Chicago, and his new partner looks to be in for the long term ...more
Erin
Jul 01, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
I'm sort of speechless here. I love this book but the ending was so not expected I'm just sort of shocked stupid. I mean...what about the birthday party?

But seriously, I was just saying to my friend that one of the things that makes this series stellar is that with all of the really solid loveable and even not so loveable characters and all of the possible story lines this could go on for a really long time and how great would that be?
Chris
2.5 stars. This m/m paranormal romantic suspense would've been rated higher, but it ends on a cliffhanger, basically midscene. I can't recommend that anyone read this until the next book is available. Very sloppy proofing in this one, too.
jules0623
I am very glad I read this one with the next in the series securely on my Kindle or I'd have been one very pissed off reader. Huge cliffhanger!
Lady*M

O.K., Missouri Dalton is a real discovery for me. I really like this series. I like the characters immensely, Fynn especially. Simon and his other colleagues were great addition though.

This is a better book than the first one, better plotted and guided. I didn't even mind the cliffhanger at the end, which just shows how much I liked it - usually I would be seriously pissed. The book also started some interesting new plot lines: about Coleman, Ian, werewolves... It seems that Fynn's fam
Meggie
Hm, I felt hollow while reading this second book. I liked how Fynn changed for better. Now Fynn is changed man, happy in relationship with Jake and is serious with his job. I liked it, but I missed the emotions, because of that I simply couldn't connect with this plot. And I missed Michael, Fynn's twin brother, it was simply to little about him.
Mistral
The story was interesting and I really enjoyed it. Fynn is one of my favorites characters and it was good to see him happy with Jack and their daughter Tara, but the cliffhanger at the end was so frustrating!!!
Vickie
Jun 06, 2012 Vickie rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Can't wait for the next one.
Nightcolors
This was a second book in the Night Wars series, and I liked learning some more about the world and the characters. The next book sounds like it's going to be pretty exciting! I hope we get to see a bit more of Michael.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Aggie
Publisher: Torquere press
Genre: M/M
Rated: 4.5 Hearts

Check out the review at: http://heartsonfirereviews.com
Drianne
May 05, 2016 Drianne rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf, m-m, mystery
Liked this a lot. It has weirdly super-shifted in genre from the first one, but I like this better, so. The ending is a complete cliffhanger, and it must be immediately followed with Book 3.
Poxie
Poxie rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Feliz
Feliz rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Anny
Anny rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Absynthe
Absynthe rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Belea Keeney
Belea Keeney rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2013
Ray
Ray rated it really liked it
May 24, 2013
John Eruas
John Eruas rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Ireen
Ireen rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Midia
Midia rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Memphis Beltran
Memphis Beltran rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Heather Wright
Heather Wright rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
kitsune_16
kitsune_16 rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Jessica James
Jessica James rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Lolene
Lolene rated it really liked it
May 31, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect Cover 10 35 May 25, 2012 07:29PM
  • Animal Instinct (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #2)
  • Infected: Bloodlines (Infected, #2)
  • Hell Cop
  • Eater of Lives (Spectr, #4)
  • Walk a Mile (The Sixth Sense, #2)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop #7)
  • He Speaks Dead
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • Missing Daughter, Shattered Family (David Lloyd Investigations #1)
  • The Soldier's Tale
  • Irregulars
  • The Psychic's Tale (Fitzwarren Inheritance #1)
  • The Amethyst Cat Caper (A Tea House Tale, #1)
  • Mahu Surfer (Mahu #2)
  • Urban Shaman
Missouri Dalton is a writer of horror/paranormal contemporary fantasy and alternate historical novels.

Missouri was raised mainly in transit, slowed down to finish school in one place and was then determined to be as nomadic as possible, if only because that's how things just worked out. She uses writing as an escape from her own neurosi and currently lives with her dear friend Sophia.
More about Missouri Dalton...

The Night Wars (6 books)
  • The Hanged Man's Ghost (The Night Wars, #1)
  • The Hellfire Legacy (The Night Wars #3)
  • Station House 6 (The Night Wars #4)
  • Sleeping on the Job