Start by marking “le bus” as Want to Read:
le bus

le bus

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  135 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Už se vám někdy stalo, že jste nasedli do autobusu a vysedli někde jinde, než jste chtěli? Zaručujeme vám, že podobný pocit zažijete pokaždé, když otevřete tuto knihu!

Přijíždí dopravní prostředek z jiného vesmíru – autobus nezná hranice prostoru, času ani fantazie!

Stripy Paula Kirchnera zvané autobus vycházely pravidelně v legendárním americkém komiksovém časopise Heavy Me
Published January 2012 by Editions Tanibis (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about le bus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about le bus

Ryan
Dec 16, 2014 Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a daily bus rider I loved this book. The collection of strips covering the absurd and mundane of transit riding make this collection a joy to read. Wonderfully drawn, at times bordering on the surrealistic, this book hit the mark.
Sandy
Mar 19, 2008 Sandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
This came out when I was heavily into my campus bus driving days. It's surreal but if you've ever commuted or driven a bus, it'll make you laugh. I secretly posted a few pages around the driver's lounge and in the mechanics' shop and everybody loved them. The mechanics really loved the one with the bus posing as a pin-up from a calendar. We probably all needed to get out more. I still have it and it still makes me laugh.
Teehutari
Oct 15, 2013 Teehutari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love The Bus! You never know what will happen next.
Bruce Nordstrom
I started reading this in the library, and I had to check it out. I am not looking forward to reading it. This book does not have any reading, so it is hard to review the text. But the events of the bald man on the bus are quite memorable, and I think I am going to buy a copy of this, and part 2. Loved this one.
Adan
May 10, 2015 Adan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An awesome collection of surrealist comic strips centered around a city bus. I have no business liking this as much as I do.
Shiela Chan
Jan 12, 2014 Shiela Chan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-strips
A surreal, existencial-ish comic strip without words that has something to do with the bus. Forget about taking drugs. When reading these, it's probably just like what you would experience when high. Disclaimer: Not that I've tried. I felt like I was hallucinating the entire time. Either the illustrator was high or a creative genius with weird trippy imaginations.
jt
Apr 18, 2016 jt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would give this more than 5 stars if possible. It's incredibly well drawn, smart and really funny.
Ming Goh
Jun 25, 2016 Ming Goh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent
Dan
Feb 10, 2009 Dan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
More thoughtful than funny, and employing sight gags that allude to metaphysics, metafiction, surrealism and science fiction, this text frequently seems a comic book equivalent of The Twilight Zone . One of the enjoyable tensions is the ambiguity with regard to whether the bespectacled passenger or the bus is the protagonist of the strip.
Sep 10, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the million comics my dad brought home when we were kids -- I don't know if they were intended for us or him, but my guess is both. Being a city kid, I got buses, but I remember coming across it again once in my late teens, and realizing that I hadn't fully understood all of the comics the first time around (read: bus sex).
Kim
May 30, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, english, silent
Good humorous surreal North American Oubapo comics strip.
du9's review of the work is well written. http://www.du9.org/chronique/le-bus/
Blair
Apr 11, 2008 Blair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of cross hatching, and metaphisical psychological humor.
Extremely weird cartoons about buses. Very well drawn and executed. Who is this guy?
Johanna
Jun 09, 2016 Johanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
surreal mostly-wordless cartoons on the mutable reality of bus life.
Peter Smyth
Peter Smyth marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Katie Bostick
Katie Bostick marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Knuckles
Knuckles rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Lynn Finkelstein
Lynn Finkelstein rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Merida
Merida rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Isaac
Isaac added it
May 23, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Manuel
Manuel marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Ryan Birch
Ryan Birch marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Viktor
Viktor rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Purl Scout
Purl Scout marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Shane Howitt
Shane Howitt rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Ioji
Ioji rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Dark Brightness
Dark Brightness rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
  • Little Nemo in Slumberland - So Many Splendid Sundays
  • Léto na zabití (Pupíky, #6)
  • Control Freaks (Zombillenium #3)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 20: Glimpses of Death (Usagi Yojimbo, #20)
  • Glacial Period
  • The Armed Garden and Other Stories
  • Songs the Dead Men Sing
  • Etrange Université (Freaks' Squeele, #1)
  • Un océan d'amour