Start by marking “One Piece, Vol. 16” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Vol. 16

One Piece, Vol. 16 (One Piece #16)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  1,840 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Rufy trasporta Nami e Sanji su per la montagna, respingendo gli attacci di Wapol grazie all'aiuto dei Lapin. Giunti in cima, i tre vengono soccorsi da Kureha e da una renna dal naso blu, TonyTony Chopper, che, avendo mangiato il frutto del diavolo Homo Homo, è in grado di comportarsi da umano. Al suo risveglio, Nami, apprende da Kureha il passato di Chopper. La renna era d ...more
Published October 3rd 2002 by Star Comics (first published December 4th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Vol. 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Vol. 16

Nicole
I loved this volume...namely for the introduction of new character Chopper. A reindeer with a traumatic past who has eaten a devil fruit that gives him human-like qualities. We see Chopper in the present - as an assistant to the witch doctor - but we also get Chopper's touching background story. Me thinks Chopper will soon find a place with the Straw Hats...
Jeffrey
As Luffy races to find a doctor for Nami, we begin to learn the history of their latest island and its unusual denizens.
Erin
Chopper is sooo cute!
Marilag
The climb continues, except since Luffy and Sanji have woken up the wrath of the lapins (those ginormous killer-bunnies), now everyone else has to contend with a landslide.

Some bits of importance:
- Sanji attempts to save Luffy and Nami by sacrificing himself. Luffy attempts to save Nami AND Sanji, so no way was he leaving the cook to freeze to death after the avalanche.
- Luffy's helpfulness actually gains plus points for the lapins, who eventually help Luffy against Wapol later on.
- Zoro resurfa
Sean
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Debbie
Amazing amazing oh my gosh how must I emphasize. It was hard to read the pain Luffy went through to bring Nami and Sanji to the doctor (-30+ degrees in a winter storm wearing a half ripped coat, shorts and slippers climbing up a mountain while holding two people?!) , but it just revealed how much Luffy cares for his nakama. And then Chopper's backstory! One of my favourite moments in One Piece! It was sad but heartwarming--I loved Dr. Hiriluk. “When do you think people die? When they are shot th ...more
モンキー・D・ルフィ
"Vosotros no podéis matarme. ¿Vosotros cuándo creéis que muere la gente...? ¿Cuando su corazón es atravesado por una bala de pistola...? No. ¿Cuando sucumbe ante una enfermedad incurable...? No. ¿Cuando bebe una sopa hecha con un hongo venenoso...? No. ¡Una persona muere cuando es olvidada...! Aunque yo desaparezca, mi sueño se hará realidad. ¡Los corazones enfermos de las personas de este país serán curados...!"
Rochelle Medrano
My favorite volume so far. Heartbreaking story. :')
Patricia BookExhibitionism
I'm not really interested in reviewing this series, but I want to have a recap for myself, in case I'm searching for a specific scene in the future, which is why I actually plan to reread the whole series in 2012.

- Luffy, Sanji and Nami get treated/cured by Chopper and Dr. Kurena
- Chopper's story! ;_;
- "Dragon" is mentioned again and described as the revolutionary.
- Vivi's childhood and how her paths have crossed with Dalton and the king, and how part of that and part of Chopper's story have le
Tsering
Doctors have good heart!
Robert Beveridge
Eiichiro Oda, One Piece: Carrying on His Will (ViZ, 2000)

Finally, the introduction of Tony Tony Chopper! The crew's detour has taken them to an island of constant winter looking for a doctor for Nami. Turns out the island only has one doctor, and she lives on the top of a mountain. Sanji and Luffy head off carrying Nami, while Usopp and Vivi try and figure out what's going on with the island, and what happened to their deposed ruler. Needless to say, everything gets complex... ****
Paxnirvana
I still adore One Piece -- despite Viz's iffy translations.

The term "nakama" is not quite friend; not only at least. Especially not how it's used in One Piece. More partner, companion, comrade, crewmate, war-buddy, and friend all rolled into one.

C'mon Viz! Step outside the box and try expanding the narrow American brains reading this with a new term, couldja? "Manga" and "anime" both caught on after all.... *eyeroll*
Kate
More crying because of this book.
Timothy
2nd volume to the Drum Island story arc and the introduction of everyone's (including mine) favorite character, Tony Tony Chopper. :D
Piotr
Jeden z najlepszych tomów w serii - jeśli kogoś nie wzruszyła historia Choppera to znaczy że nie ma serca :( Oda w najlepszej formie.
Sara
it's nice how the entire team pull together to help Nami! And I think the ship had finally found a doctor!
xebec
BYE KILLING MYSELF BECAUSE CHOPPER

STUPID REINDEER!!!?!??!?!??!?!???!!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 15 April 2004.
Aya
loved the story and artwork in this one <3
Sasuke
seruuu...one piece...
^_^
Saurabh
One of my favorite mangas
Joy
Tifany S
Tifany S marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 14 (Fairy Tail, #14)
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 51 巻ノ五十一
208650
See also 尾田 栄一郎

Eiichiro Oda (尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichirō) is a Japanese manga artist, best known as the creator of the manga and anime One Piece.

As a child, Oda was inspired by Akira Toriyama's works and aspired to become a manga artist. He recalls that his interest in pirates was probably sparked by the popular TV animation series titled Vicky the Viking. He submitted a character named Pandaman for Yudet
More about Eiichiro Oda...
One Piece, Volume 01: Romance Dawn (One Piece, #1) One Piece, Volume 38: Rocketman!! (One Piece, #38) One Piece, Volume 08: I Won't Die (One Piece, #8) One Piece, Volume 06: The Oath (One Piece, #6) One Piece, Volume 02: Buggy the Clown (One Piece, #2)