Start by marking “The Secrets of Hidden Creek” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A mystery story set in the lake and mountain country of northern Georgia, based on the century old tradition of vanished confederate treasure.

After three days at Grandma and Grandpa's summer cabin, we knew it was going to be a long, boring summer. Then Jenny got her bright idea: Ghost-Haunting at Wormwood!

I don't know about Chuck, but I felt prickles on the back of my neck
Published September 26th 1968 by Viking Juvenile (first published 1966)

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of Hidden Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets of Hidden Creek

C.
After I first read Wylly Folk St. John, as a grown-up, I knew she was a gift. I inhale any of her work that I acquire. They haven’t so far been as paranormal as I want but hint at etherealness. What they always satisfy is today’s great need for a true mystery! No crime, not the standard plot that’s churned out. My desire to chase answers to a ‘mystery for the sake of mystery’, is supplied by Wylly! What’s also tremendously special is her characterization and dialogue, likely from her southern US ...more
Linda K
We found this little gem in some old books from my mother-in-law. It was dusty and yellowed but what a treasure! I read this with my 7yr old and she loved it. It was her first mystery and it had everything from suspense to great historical/ civil war facts. I know a good book for my kids when I have to fuss at them for reading past bedtime and that is exactly what I got.
Mk619
by Wylly F. St John

I grew up visiting the North Georgia mountains every summer, so this story of a long-lost Confederate treasure, will o'the wisps and three children who go on their own treasure hunt adventure was a delight.
Michele
found these books when emptying a box of stuff from my parents house. Loved the when I was in 5th grade. Had to reread them...just as wonderful now as they were then.
SadieSparrow
SadieSparrow marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Heidi Kuehne
Heidi Kuehne marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Oddmonster
Oddmonster marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Julia H.
Julia H. marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Ncimontessori Library
Ncimontessori Library is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2014
Brook
Brook marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Jennifer Dury
Jennifer Dury marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Leandrea
Leandrea marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Marcia Killingsworth
Marcia Killingsworth marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Ralph Miller
Ralph Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2013
Tracy Hatch
Tracy Hatch marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2012
Wylly Folk St. John was a popular and successful author of children's mystery books and an Atlanta journalist whose work was much admired across America in the mid 20th century.

She was born in 1908 in Bamberg County, SC. She loved to read and maintained an interest in reading and writing from an early age; she even published a poem at the age of 9. She grew up in Savannah where her family had move
More about Wylly Folk St. John...
The Ghost Next Door The Secret of the Seven Crows The Mystery of the Gingerbread House The Secrets of the Pirate Inn Uncle Robert's Secret