Start by marking “The Wedding Runaway (Dueling Pistols #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Runaway (Dueling Pistols #3)

The Wedding Runaway (Dueling Pistols #3)

Boston heiress Lydia Hamilton overhears her fiancé’s scheme to wrest control of the family business by wedding her. Refusing to be any man’s pawn, she runs away to England. A lone woman would stand out, but masquerading as a young man named Leonard, she can have the adventure of her life and support herself with gambling.

Victor Bartlett, the Earl of Wedmont, has sworn off
Nook, 293 pages
Published April 5th 2012 by Katy Madison (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Runaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Runaway

Katrina Passick Lumsden
"Why am I attracted to a boy?!"

"I really am depraved and evil!"

"Oh, she's not a boy at all! I guess it's OK to be attracted now."

"But I'm still depraved and evil!"

"I destroy everything I touch!"

"I want her!"

"I can't have her!"

"I want you, Lydia!" *Lick*Fondle*Gyrate*

"NO! I can't have you!"

*Kiss*Slurp*

"Seriously, stay away from me!"

"I can't let her go!"

"Sending her away from my evilness is for the best!"

"Don't leave me, Julia!"

"No! Go, my sweet, you will be better off!"

"I love you! I realized too
Janell Sutherland
Jul 25, 2012 Janell Sutherland rated it it was ok
The premise of this book was catchy - she masquerades as a boy to earn a living gambling in London after running away from her wedding in Boston. He becomes sort of a mentor, they get along well, but if only he could stop having these unnatural feelings towards a boy! Maybe he is completely evil and depraved!

This review is slightly spoilerish, but only if you can't figure out exactly how the book will end.

At last he finds out she's a woman! Hurray, he wasn't attracted to a boy! But he still beat
Jody
Jul 27, 2012 Jody rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books, ebook
Same book as the one by Karen L King. Apparently she uses two names. Want to read how this series got started. They keep referring to the duel that Victor and Keene (not sure on his spelling) fought. And Tony getting shot by these cursed pistols. Love that they don't decode the rest of the curse til the last page of the book.
Leonard, Lenny, Lydia, Lyddie - all one and the same.
Victor- very stubborn, got a lot of baggage, but seems to take things on himself that are no way his fault.
Trevor - stub
Suri
Jan 29, 2013 Suri rated it it was ok
Shelves: hr
I was in the mood to read about a heroine masquerading as a boy so this one I got interested in after reading the synopsis. It started good but then it became predictable starting with the reveal of her sex. And then things became dizzying and the writer added unnecessary secondary story plots. Argh! One moment you're reading about the main couple, next paragraph it's about the brother and this Helena.
Plus there are a couple of women in the story that are associated with the hero who btw are di
Melissa McHugh
Jan 02, 2013 Melissa McHugh rated it liked it
It was really just okay, though the secondary romance was a little better to me than the primary. I thought Lady Helena was a bit more well-defined, though her past with Trevor wasn't very fleshed out. The lead, Lydia, never actually tells Victor why she didn't want to marry Oscar (the comment about her being mannish--it's a point of inferiority for her throughout the book so to never address it with the hero seemed unfinished). Madison's best work is still Tainted by Temptation.
Billie Jo
May 23, 2012 Billie Jo rated it it was ok
The book is ok and worth it for only $2.99. It had 4 stars but I really think that's pushing it a bit when compared to authors such as Julia Quinn, Cheryl Holt, Shana Gallen and Elizabeth Holt. I like to give new authors a try when waiting on new releases. I liked the first part but as it went on, I've lost a bit of interest at page 692 on my Nook. I hope to return to it and finish it later.
Kim
Interestingly unique storyline with characters that held my attention. Good conclusion to the trilogy.
Frances
Jun 28, 2009 Frances rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
I reread this and upped it to a three, I am not sure if it is a three, but I have read so many ones and minus ones lately, this one read better the second time around.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regency
Tina Kennedy
Jul 23, 2011 Tina Kennedy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was horrible. If you are looking for an accurate historical romance put this down and find something else.
Melanie Sherman
A friend told me I should read this book, because it was like mine. I was relieved to read it and find out it really wasn't like mine at all. It was cute though.
Annah
Annah rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2011
Elleny
Elleny rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014
kimskies471
kimskies471 rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Diane Carter
Diane Carter rated it liked it
May 03, 2012
J
J rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Rosa
Rosa rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2013
Rebecca (Beckee)
Rebecca (Beckee) rated it liked it
May 13, 2012
Samneang Sin
Samneang Sin rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2016
Veronica
Veronica rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Diana
Diana rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2007
Melissah
Melissah rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2011
debmar50
debmar50 rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Maurianne
Maurianne rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2012
Allie
Allie rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Flitterkit
Flitterkit rated it liked it
May 18, 2009
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • One Knight Only (League of the Blade, #2)
  • Midnight's Bride (The Blackthorn Trilogy #2)
  • After Twilight: Walking with the Dead
  • Riding the Line (Turner Brothers, #3)
  • The Water Nymph (Arboretti Family, #2)
  • Lonesome Bride
  • My Devilish Scotsman (MacDonell Brides, #2)
  • Kentucky Bride
  • Shiver
  • The Peacemaker (Viking Warriors #3)
  • Murder on Parade (A Chloe Boston Mystery #4)
  • The Earl and His Tiger (Red-Hot Regency)
  • Dangerous Flirtation
  • An Illicit Temptation (Tang Dynasty, #3.5)
  • Miracle (Hawthorne, #1)
  • Moon Racer
Katy Madison has always loved stories. As a child she was always lugging a book around. At the age of eight, after
Katy Madison having gone through over a hundred Nancy Drew mysteries, all the Laura Ingalls Wilder books—at least twice—and many others including her full weekly allotment of library books, Katy went to her mother and begged for a new book to read. Her frustrated mother handed her a ro
More about Katy Madison...

Dueling Pistols (3 books)
  • The Wedding Duel (Dueling Pistols, #1)
  • The Wedding Affair (Dueling Pistols, #2)

“floor. A pang of regret that he would never know the” 1 likes