One Month to Become a Mum (Mills & Boon Medical)

One Month to Become a Mum (Mills & Boon Medical)

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published (first published March 1st 2012)

Amalie Berlin
A most excellent debut from Louisa George.

I don't even know where to start with this review. It's not often that I write them, and even less frequently do I write reviews for fiction.

I could say I loved it(I did), and gush about how the characters were drawn so sharply I couldn't fail to love them(Yep, that's true.). I could say I had to put it down in the middle when duties dragged me away, and I couldn't wait to get back(Also true), or that the emotional wounds were so deep I could almost smel...more
Desere
Review by Desere:

This was such a delightful and emotional story. At first when I read about Jessie being in a car accident and sustaining very bad injuries to her abdomen and in the process also loosing her precious baby I was so touched and so very sad. And already I started to cry for her sake as not only did she loose her child she also lost her marriage.

But when she met the very handsome Luke I could tell what was coming and I loved every single word of it. The author placed a lot of true em...more
Nas Dean
ONE MONTH TO BECOME A MUM by debut author Louisa George is a March 2012 release by Mills & Boon Medical series.

After a car accident Jessie Price has a badly scarred abdomen. The accident did not just scar her but took her unborn baby as well as her ability to have more babies. Then it also resulted in the demise of her marriage. She put all her maternal yearnings aside and went to work, bringing medical help to the poor people of the world.

After a stint in Vietnam she came back to Auckland...more
Michelle
Always love a debut novel and this didn't disappoint. Loved the characters and the fresh voice of Louisa George. Look forward to her next novel.
Maria
May 28, 2012 Maria rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Maria by: Nas Dean
This is the debut novel from Louisa George, a medical romance from HM&B.

In this story, we meet two interesting characters. First, there's Dr. Jessica Price. A brisk, no-nonsense doctor, full of compassion and zeal to bring healing to a hurting world, particularly to children. Except that she doesn't bang on about it. She gets on with it, so no-one knows the heartache, the healing needed within that no-nonsense exterior. Her dry sense of humour makes her appear to have everything all worked o...more
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
My Blog: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Wow! What a way to debut…. 'One Month to Become a Mum' is so well written it’s hard to imagine it’s Louisa’s debut medical novel.

“One month to become a Mum” is great romance about second chances and over coming adversity. You will fall in love with the characters in this book; the oh so adorable and gorgeous single dad Dr Luc Mckenzie and feisty yet vulnerable Jessie.

This story had a good mix of humor and emotion to keep me engaged to the very end. The wr...more
Jo
Charming. It is the perfect word to describe this medical romance by debut author Louisa George.

I particularly enjoyed the distinctive and fresh use of language that distinguishes this author from other, more staid, writers in within the Harlequin Mills and Boon stable and whilst there is a gentle humour pervading throughout, I found myself actually laughing out loud in places at the play between the two main characters.

'Having checked on Lucy first, Luke stood at the doorway of his bedroom, wat...more
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Za
Za marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2012
Julie-ann
Julie-ann marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2012
Toni Kenyon
Toni Kenyon marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2012
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2012
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2012
Helen Lacey
Helen Lacey marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2012
Having tried a variety of careers in retail, marketing and nursing (where a scratchy starched uniform was mandatory), Louisa is now thrilled that her dream job of writing for Harlequin Mills and Boon means she gets to go to work in her pyjamas.

Originally from Yorkshire, England, Louisa now lives in Auckland, New Zealand, with her husband, two sports-mad teenage sons and two male cats. Writing roma...more
More about Louisa George...
Backstage with Her Ex Her Client From Hell The Last Doctor She Should Ever Date How To Resist A Heartbreaker Waking Up With His Runaway  Bride